ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Medieval gold ring

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Mick James

Medieval gold ring

Post by Mick James »

With the owners permission I have on occasions been detecting in woods for +25 years. Most of the ground there is quite steep, too steep for my partner to detect. Occasionally I clamber around the hillsides in the hope of a roman bronze or Georgian coin whilst Leeanne walks the dog around the pathways. Yesterday I found an area that was flat, a plateau therefore I persuaded Leeanne to come with me this morning and spend a couple of hours getting some practice whilst I detected the hillside.
This was clearly an act of lunacy on my part because since I left the level ground to her, she found a gold ring whilst I found one roman coin on the hillside, my immediate reaction was "its medieval, its treasure, you are walking home" lol. This ring is not unimportant, its certainly gold, possibly with a sapphire stone and in my view it is medieval therefore I am sure that it is treasure. I have informed Bristol/Gloucester Museum, as it happens we have our bi-monthly meeting with them tomorrow evening.
( I would normally refer to her as "she" however it tends to attract criticisms from other she's lol)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”