Old carnival field

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Simonrocco12

Old carnival field

Post by Simonrocco12 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:44 am

I was doing a bit of gardening yesterday afternoon and I seen my neighbour going out detecting when I asked him where he was going he said that he was just going on the old carnival field which is just a stones throw from where we live and he asked if I'd like to go with him for an hour of course I would I said so I downed my gardening tools grabbed my detector and off I went we got into the field I switched my machine on and took two steps and got a solid 86 dug it and got a threepence after about an hour or so we desided to call it and we both ended up with a pocket full of coins it was a good hour out I really enjoyed it and right on my doorstep to was an added bonus hopefully I get an invite to go again sometime

Johnnn

Re: Old carnival field

Post by Johnnn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Nice trip love pre decimals..HH....Johnnn

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 am

Nice day there, these kind of fields can pay off with the coins and items. Its a the historical evidence of the years people visited. I have not long finished a small field that was used for summer
events for a isolation hospital which is now a care home. I found lots of coins and items ::g
XP Deus, SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Makro pointer
Mini Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"

Simonrocco12

Post by Simonrocco12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 pm

It was a good hour out I enjoyed it I got asked to go out again tonight with my neighbour but I couldn't go as my detector is in the shop getting fixed hopefully I'll have it back soon so I can get back out

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Well done! Such sites are great sport and often just what is needed after a potentially 'good' site has been searched with total conviction, turns out to be completely barren! :( Stay lucky.
Regards ss47 ::g
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Simonrocco12

Post by Simonrocco12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks iv been trying to get some permission of my own on an old local show field but Iv had no luck so far as the owners were away and the house was getting renovated but I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll get it

Return to “Finds - Stories”