Wedding rings and tears

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Sulis

Wedding rings and tears

Post by Sulis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Dear all,

It won't break any new ground within our metal detecting circles and there's no significant history to derive from its discovery. It's not even something to bother the FLO with.

However, the feeling of finding a long-lost gold wedding ring will stay with me forever. I was lucky enough to manage this last weekend for a dear friend who lost his four years ago. It had winkled itself 8" beneath his lawn and would never have been found without the use of one of our trusty steeds.

To make the day better, we'd finished a day's homebrewing and had just cracked open a beer when I asked if I could have a quick swing over the garden whilst the beer settled.

As the swing of the coil hit each limb of the ring, there was an unmistakable rapid double ping from the Deus (on my trusty all-metal hot ground recipe).

We hugged, shed tears and then carried on examining the beer and gold ring late into the evening.

Cheers all and bona fortuna.

Sulis.
Wedding Ring.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XP Deus, Garrett pro-pointer 2, a flask of tea and any excuse.

fred

Re: Wedding rings and tears

Post by fred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Well done. That's what recoveries are all about. ::g

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Great story. Really well told too! Doing a spot of HomeBrew too next week when we get back to France. (Its impossible to get good Bitter....in fact any Bitter....unless we make it ourselves.) I hope it brings us similar luck.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Sulis

Post by Sulis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 pm

littleboot wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm
Great story. Really well told too! Doing a spot of HomeBrew too next week when we get back to France. (Its impossible to get good Bitter....in fact any Bitter....unless we make it ourselves.) I hope it brings us similar luck.
Great stuff and may the brewing Gods shine down on your pressure barrels!

Homebrew and detecting is the perfect hobby combination. I think traditionally detectorists tend also to be anglers as a hobby partnership but I find the former alliance far more thirst-quenching!

BW,

Sulis.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:39 am

Nice one 'Sulis' ::g Well done, that's a great result after 4 years 'lost'. ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 am

Nice story with a great outcome. In the short while since I first grasped a detector it has become custom, nay law, to empty the finds bag into a bucket of water and launch a homebrew or two while it soaks.

Doesn't everybody }}:@
John

Sulis

Post by Sulis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 am

thefiggis wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 am
Nice story with a great outcome. In the short while since I first grasped a detector it has become custom, nay law, to empty the finds bag into a bucket of water and launch a homebrew or two while it soaks.

Doesn't everybody }}:@
Isn't it quite the regal combination! I also find that my detecting stories become grander and grander the deeper into the brew we get! 8-}

king of the swingers

Post by king of the swingers » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:54 pm

nice 1

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Almost shedding tears meself - great recovery and it just says it all - re-uniting an owner with a lost (or even previously unknown) artefact has to be one of the most satisfying results we can ever achieve.

Phil
Quaerite et invenietis

Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Return to “Finds - Stories”