ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Julian II Siliqua and Mangentius Nummus value please

Please posts topics here related to Valuing your metal detector finds
Atral

Julian II Siliqua and Mangentius Nummus value please

Post by Atral »

Hi all,

I was very happy to find these nice looking Romans and ID them with the help of Allectus in the ID section of the forum. I don't plan on selling them, but I have an agreement with the landowner to split finds above a certain value, so I would grateful if someone can help me value them so I know how much I should give him.

The first is a Julian II Siliqua, it looks similar to others ID'd as Sear 19132. Unfortunately I don't have access to the book and I'm not really sure how to grade the condition or how much the clipping matters.
ImageImage

The second is a Magnentius Nummus, in worse condition. I think it's sear 18815-17, though I'm not entirely sure which.
ImageImage

There don't seem to be too many sold on ebay, but if anyone can give me a rough value or assess the condition so that I can have a better search for myself, that would be great. Thanks :)
Last edited by Atral on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Value Your finds Forum”