Lost wedding ring - Abersoch beach

Lost a metal Object ? Find Someone who can help.
Mrsgriff79

Lost wedding ring - Abersoch beach

Post by Mrsgriff79 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:07 am

My husband has lost his wedding ring on the beach at Abersoch in the small little bay to the right of the yacht club. We were sitting about level with the rocks/yacht club pretty much in a straight line down from the road leading on to the beach from the cafe/car park. It's not of great value but huge sentimental value. We know it definitely came off here as it fell off when he threw a ball and just vanished into the sand! We would love some help on this - we combed the area ourselves for hours! Hoping there's someone nearby with the kit to do the job! Emma x

jgtuk

Re: Lost wedding ring - Abersoch beach

Post by jgtuk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:42 pm

PM sent

jgtuk

Post by jgtuk » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:38 pm

As an update to this, I was in contact with the lady who reported the lost ring. She gave me great details and a photograph as to where on the beach it was lost so I felt quite confident in finding it.
I changed my schedule and went there on Friday (only an hour and quarter drive) - spent five and a half hours in a relatively small area searching but no sign... Lots of signals, mostly modern coinage (about £12.00), including a 20 and a ten euro-cent, a small dress ring, an old Nokia brick. Happy to say not a lot of ring pulls/beer tins surprisingly...
I am assuming that somebody already found it or it is outside the area I searched (I searched using a box technique, allowing 5 mtrs over each side (searching outside the box!!) overlapping each swing.)
I used my trusty Sov GT with the standard 10" because I'm finding the 15" WOT too heavy nowadays - it would've been handy though...
If you've never visited Abersoch it's a lovely little place, probably even better out of season.
Oh well, I'm disappointed not to find it but I will go back for another try after a storm and at low tide.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:04 am

Good man 'jgtuk' ::g Your's is another shining example of the selfless generosity frequently witnessed on this forum. That's what makes this forum great! ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Me and my boy

Post by Me and my boy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:12 am

sweepstick47 wrote:Good man 'jgtuk' ::g Your's is another shining example of the selfless generosity frequently witnessed on this forum. That's what makes this forum great! ::g Regards ss47
What a top bloke. We had friends round last night and he lost his wedding ring this summer. I being new to this forum suggested he also list his in the list section. They were quite impressed people offer this service. I would go look myself but it is 6 hours away
2018 hammies. = 90 (including quarters, halves and broken)
Saxon = 3
Celtic. = 1
Silver denarius = 1
Gold ring. = 0

jgtuk

Post by jgtuk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks for the compliments you two. I must admit, it was a bit further than I'd normally travel on a mission but the 'sentimental value' of the ring struck a chord...
Conditions weren't great - I arrived at high tide so had to follow out, It was a little busy as people had arrived for the open water sea swim this weekend and I got caught in traffic on the way back as
Festival No 6 started... Some children were drawing skull and crossbones and an X in the sand for me so I engaged them for a while with stories of treasure found!!
I also took the Sov out for the first time in ages and it reconfirmed what a brilliant (if heavy) machine it is. After buying a Deus 3 yrs ago the Sov's only been out a couple of times.
i slept well Friday night :))

Return to “National Search Service”