Anyone near Swindon wiltshire

Looking for someone / buddy in your area to go Metal Detecting with ? look here
The baron

Anyone near Swindon wiltshire

Post by The baron » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:28 pm

This is my first post, and looking for a buddy to go detecting with, Ive got 10acres to go hunting on if anyone is interested.
Thanks

Smair1981

Re: Anyone near Swindon wiltshire

Post by Smair1981 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi mate

Not far from swindon and would be interested in meeting up

Jphin

Post by Jphin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm new and live in highworth. Would love to meet up however I need to find a better detector first. I'm hoping to get something sorted in the next few weeks. I'll message you when ive got a detector that isn't a toy and if you still want a 'buddy ' that would be good. P.s you may have to play a bit of a mentor role.

Jphin

Post by Jphin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:33 pm

I've now got myself a teknetics eurotek pro so now I feel more the part. I am 35. I've always had an interest in history especially my local area. I am actively trying to find 'permissions' and should I secure any would be happy to return the favour. I personally think that if I were to actually find something it would be best to share and compare with someone who was there with me rather than showing my wife who has zero interest in a corroded 2p.id like to gain experience with detecting so am happy and always willing to listen to someone with experience and then hopefully I will be able to pass my knowledge on to others. I am a bit of a joker and always looking for some way to have a giggle.
I understand that most will not appreciate sharing their permission with a newbie but everybody was a newbie at some point and everybody must've had trouble finding a permission at some point. Making friends is not always easy so finding others with a similar interest is a great way to do it in my eyes. I suffer from crohns disease and psc which on the surface isn't a problem but stress can trigger flare ups which can be awful so being out in a field couldn't be a better thing for me to reduce stress levels (1 wife 2 daughters and another daughter due 2 days ago also probably doesn't help ;)
I love being outdoors in the countryside which is a nice break from my day job which is mostly sat in a van travelling up and down the country and sat in traffic jams.
Should you or anybody else wish to learn more about me then please do get in touch. I'm quite shy and not too good on the phone to new people but it doesn't take me long to feel relaxed.
Thank you for reading. Jphin

Return to “Finding a Buddy”