Australia trip

Looking for someone / buddy in your area to go Metal Detecting with ? look here
Che

Australia trip

Post by Che » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 am

Hi any of you guys out there fancy going on a prospecting trip to western Australia next march? Going for 6 months have been before but this time I fancy some company. If your seriously interested PM me. Hoping to hear from a fellow dreamer.regards che

sweepstick47

Re: Australia trip

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello 'Che' ::g Welcome and enjoy your time with us on the MDF. I hope you manage to get some interested party in your detecting trip to Western Australia, that would be one fascinating buddy trip ::g

For your security, I've removed some personal details and replaced them with a request to contact you by secure PM. All the very best and Good Luck Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Timmy 64

Post by Timmy 64 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Yes no problem you pay I come along ::g

detecttheearth

Post by detecttheearth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 am

Hi Che,
Sent you a PM. Like the sound of this.
“Hidden in the glorious wildness like unmined gold.”
― John Muir

XP Deus / 11" and HF Elliptical / The Carrot

Albus

Post by Albus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Did an Oz trip several years back. Went to Mt Magnet, got permission from a leaseholder and did a weeks detecting. No fancy gear Just a Whites XLT. Much of the gold is around 4 inches or so down or even on the surface, I found just over 3 Oz and my friend had around the same. We slept next to the car in a Bivi as it was hot.
But be warned theres a lot of people out there detecting for gold now especially at weekends and if you go at the wrong time you will either bake to death of get flooded out.
Also either sleep with your boots on or make sure you shake them out in the morning as Scorpions seem to like crawling into shoes as my friend found out.
Good luck
Oh yes we stopped off in Bangkok on the way back................................Interesting !! ?£=*

chip

Post by chip » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Scorpions :-O, I’m oot ;;z :D
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Che wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 am
Hi any of you guys out there fancy going on a prospecting trip to western Australia next march? Going for 6 months have been before but this time I fancy some company. If your seriously interested PM me. Hoping to hear from a fellow dreamer.regards che
The surest way to bust up ... is to tag along with a stranger to the outback .. in search of elusive gold, that even the most hardened locals turn their nose up at. My advice would be to do all the research you can, get a decent load of cash in the bank, buy at least 3 gps devices, get a degree in the zoology of oz, ensure you are medically fit, and able to take care of yourself... and then forget the whole idea ::g ::g ::g ::g
edit ... if I were to go to the outback with someone ... anyone ... I would want to know the following..
1. Psychoanalyst report
2. Amount of ready cash at their immediate disposal
3. Criminal record check
4. Reasons for going
5. How long they have been detecting, experience and finds history
6. Age, relationship, and medical history
7. Firearms experience and Martial arts experience.
8. Driving, Survival Engineering and problem solving capability
9. Personal testimonials from last 5 Employers and friends (excluding relatives)
And then i would probably tell um to do a runner... hope that helps
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

Che

Post by Che » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for that been there four times before .worked on a sheep station for twelve months and under ground in a gold mine doesn't hold any great mystery.bi think you,'ve been watching to much Tele .you forgot about the snakes red back spiders and bush rangers.best regards che

Che

Post by Che » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:02 am

Hi albus thanks for that.been there many times detected all over w Australia. Why on earth did you only detect for a week? If you found 3oz that's a good payday for a week..as for a lot of people detecting at weekend most just go over old mine sites and getting lost .not many go way out in the bush looking for new patches.i think some people should not go into the bush city dwellers find it completely alien whether your from UK or Australia. The learning curve can be brutal. Regards che

chip

Post by chip » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Heading off to the Australian outback with a stranger you met on the Internet sounds like the plot to a Danny Boyle film that ends up in amputation and cannibalism.

#just saying
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

As the Doom-mongers say u;@ , It's a different world out there where many would be out of their comfort zones, the isolation wouldn't suit everyone so any prospecting buddies would need to get on well. For some it's a once in a lifetime adventure, things can happen of course as anywhere else in the world but odds are slim. Much prior homework is needed beforehand and be reasonably prepared for every eventuality and of course have realistic expectations, gold is not laying about everywhere. Not a cheap trip with flights, vehicle, gear etc, but hopefully the gold will cover the cost of the trip and more, but if not - what a memorable outback experience to share when you get back. ::g :D
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & Garrett Carrot. %)=
White's TDI SL

Albus

Post by Albus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm

I should have mentioned I have family out there. I also lived out there in the 60's and worked underground at Hill 50 Goldmine in Mt Magnet for some time. Why only a week? Thats all the time I had. Its only a day to drive from Perth to Mt Magnet.

Now I get my gold from Panning in the South of France. Good food good wine good camping warm water and weather and a few grammes of gold. Scottish rivers are OK but too cold for my old bones now.

allmetal

Post by allmetal » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Would love to have went on a trip like this but I do not have time at the moment.

Good Luck. ::g

detecttheearth

Post by detecttheearth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Albus wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm
I should have mentioned I have family out there. I also lived out there in the 60's and worked underground at Hill 50 Goldmine in Mt Magnet for some time. Why only a week? Thats all the time I had. Its only a day to drive from Perth to Mt Magnet.

Now I get my gold from Panning in the South of France. Good food good wine good camping warm water and weather and a few grammes of gold. Scottish rivers are OK but too cold for my old bones now.
I will have to give that a try sometime, love France! Have panned a bit in California, New Zealand and Wales, never had too much but I didn't really know what I was doing the first few times. Seriously considering this OZ trip.
“Hidden in the glorious wildness like unmined gold.”
― John Muir

XP Deus / 11" and HF Elliptical / The Carrot

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Easylife wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am
As the Doom-mongers say u;@ , It's a different world out there where many would be out of their comfort zones, the isolation wouldn't suit everyone so any prospecting buddies would need to get on well. For some it's a once in a lifetime adventure, things can happen of course as anywhere else in the world but odds are slim. Much prior homework is needed beforehand and be reasonably prepared for every eventuality and of course have realistic expectations, gold is not laying about everywhere. Not a cheap trip with flights, vehicle, gear etc, but hopefully the gold will cover the cost of the trip and more, but if not - what a memorable outback experience to share when you get back. ::g :D
Dont you mean "if you get back"???
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

cammann

Post by cammann » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 am

My missus and I were visiting the area around the gem fields so we decided to do a spot of fossicking. We spent 3 hours one early morning before the sun got too hot - managed to get 6 gem quality sapphires, of which the 3 largest were all-star sapphires. I can recommend the areas around Sapphire and Rubyvale.
XP Deus
Garret Pro Pointer
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Minelab Safari
Garret Ace 250
Best find - medieval gold posy ring, piece and quite

Che

Post by Che » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 am

Hi albus all clear now your very right it wouldn't suit everyone.the isolation and frustration of finding nothing .the cost of getting there is high but hey I know people who spend a fortune on a cruise my idea of hell at least with an Oz trip you got a chance of covering costs.plus unforgettable experience if you survive.

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Che wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 am
Hi albus all clear now your very right it wouldn't suit everyone.the isolation and frustration of finding nothing .the cost of getting there is high but hey I know people who spend a fortune on a cruise my idea of hell at least with an Oz trip you got a chance of covering costs.plus unforgettable experience if you survive.
if you survive ???? sounds tempting x; I would stick to OA list if you still decide to take a stranger if I were you.

Have a good trip ::g
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

Return to “Finding a Buddy”