Gold Ring found tonight

Gwawrer

Gold Ring found tonight

Post by Gwawrer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Just thought I would share this good news with you all.

Good news Cheshire Metal Detecting Society were contacted regarding a lost ring in Whitchurch. The Guy was really worried as he thought it was going to get mangled by the heavy machinery as it had been a few weeks since he lost it and the field is being worked on now.

Metalmicky went this evening and the guy was just so happy when he found it. I was always sure he would find it as not much gets past him! :))
Last edited by Gwawrer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its better out of the ground and in your hand for the history or monetary value rather than left in the ground to rot doing nothing for anyone.
Member of Cheshire Metal Detecting Society
In love with Mr Deus for ever.

Danzigman

Re: Gold Ring found tonight

Post by Danzigman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:03 pm

::g
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 pm

good news get it in the local rag .raise the profile of this great hobby
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 pm

That's Great News!! Always good to hear positive good news stories about the hobby ::g
Minelab CTX 3030 6" Coil.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Stainless Steel Digging Tool.
Stainless Steel Sand Scoop.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

https://m.youtube.com/user/searchforlosthistory

pinkypixie

Post by pinkypixie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 am

That's brilliant! Well done Metalmicky for finding it and Gwawrer for posting the story ::g

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Very well done MM! ::g ::g ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

Philthy Phil

Post by Philthy Phil » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 pm

A great result for both the club and the hobby........... ::g ::g ::g ::g
Minelabbed to the bone!

CTX 3030 with 'a few' coils
X-Terra 505 & many coils
Pro Find 35
2 metal knees
Trusty Zippo

Eagles may soar on high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

metalmicky

Post by metalmicky » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi, just telling you what happened. Our club had an email off a fella called Chris, who had lost his gold ring in a field in the Whitchurch area. As it happened i was going to Whitchurch to see my sons, so i met up with him on the way. I followed him down long narrow lanes, went around a corner and there were cows everywhere, they had got out of an open farm gate. We stopped but someone behind me shot past and sent three of these cows legging it down the lane. Chris managed to get past, just before a junction, jumped out of his truck and sent them back towards me, luckily there was enough room for them to get past, they ran back to the farm . Then a bit further along, the track got narrower and narrower, rougher and rougher. It was like driving along with no manhole covers. Then he stopped at a gateway and said i would have to leave my car here and get in his truck. I had my little girl with me, and had to strap her in his four wheeler. It was total off roading, and he couldnt hang about, tearing through sugar beet fields, bouncing everywhere. Where we stopped it was a total mud bath, big tractor wheel rutts full of water about a foot deep, and mud,mud,mud. Well Chris i think i will put my wellies on(could of done with my chest waders really) As i walked through the sludge, my girl called out to me, daddy im stuck, and she was, lovely clean clothes, lovely clean socks, new trainers not any more, and we were going out for a meal. Anyway i had both detectors and first i tried my sov elite. Soon as i turned it on it was nulling out on all the iron, could not use it at all. Chris couldnt believe that iron stops these detectors from working. So i got my gmp out, and straight away i could target the iron, but there was other beeps with it so i had to dig in this sticky sludge. First thing i found was a handle off a pewter spoon/fork, then lumps of iron, a big horseshoe, copper wire and that was it. I was really fed up with myself, sorry Chris i cannot find it. I will try again with my sov elite because i know it goes deeper. Still could'nt pick it up so i went further into the field. Chris said it wont be that far away, that was when i got the signal, there she was fantastic. Seeing his broad smile made it all worth it, and his strong handshake with many thanks, it was such a good feeling. He got his wallet out giving me £20 for a charity donation and a tenner to get myself a drink. Later on he text me again saying a big thankyou. I replied lose it in a dryer place next time. He said im not going to lose it again. He is going to put a big thankyou on our web site. :)
Seek and ye shall find

Gwawrer

Post by Gwawrer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Just back from my hols and now see the full story rather than a text to say ' I found it ' Well that was not straightforward at all! Well done Mike for finding it and you should of known to take some wellies for your daughter, you know whats she's like if she sees you put your spade in the ground quicker than a whippet and with xray eyes, who needs a pin pointer when she is around. Well she is certainly a chip off 'you ' block!

Shame you can't show this find, so sorrrryyyyy you can't enter it for find of the month you know the rule it has be shown on the night.... :))
Its better out of the ground and in your hand for the history or monetary value rather than left in the ground to rot doing nothing for anyone.

Gwawrer

Post by Gwawrer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Another post to go in the success story section for us MDyers!

Return to “Success Stories”