Wedding Ring recovered

Jason5223

Wedding Ring recovered

Post by Jason5223 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Following a call for help on this forum I went to help a nice chap called Daniel to find his lost wedding ring that he had lost the previous day. He was in the field and felt it slip from his finger.

Got to the location in a beautiful part of Wiltshire just outside Devizes and met with Daniel, we wandered along to the field to find a stick in the ground to mark the approximate location he had lost it.

The area was near to quite a deep looking stream and I hoped it had not been dropped in there, also had a barbed wire fence and some serious power cables nearby to contend with.

I was getting quite a bad blipping noise off the cables but managed to noise cancel them out on the X-Terra 705, then I went to work. There were a few nice signals but they seemed at a fair depth but after 1/2 hr or so I picked up a nice signal and it was showing as shallow. On pinpointing it the signal blew me ears off and there it was in the bottom of a tuft of 6 inch long grass.

Needless to say Daniel was over the moon and offered up a substantial cash reward but I declined it as he is an ex metal detctorist and an old forum member plus I was only to happy to help and its another good example of the good we can do. ::g

See original post here.
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 24#p423524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MINELAB X-TERRA 705
GARRATT PRO POINTER
"Once you locate an object you need to find it in the soil dug from the hole. The best tool for this is your buddy's pinpointer.  If your buddy does not own a pinpointer suggest that he buy one."

Fishermansam

Re: Wedding Ring recovered

Post by Fishermansam » Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am

No comments!?!?!?!!! Well, all I can say is a huge well done, this is what gives us detectorists a good name ::g ::g ::g

Sam x;

If a robber ever breaks into my house looking for cash, i'll just laugh and look with him

Jason5223

Post by Jason5223 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks Sam ::g
MINELAB X-TERRA 705
GARRATT PRO POINTER
"Once you locate an object you need to find it in the soil dug from the hole. The best tool for this is your buddy's pinpointer.  If your buddy does not own a pinpointer suggest that he buy one."

stubble hunter

Post by stubble hunter » Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Superb result and deserving of more accolades !
Cheers !
John
XP DEUS - V5.2 (9" HF coil).
Usual settings: Prog 9 (Hot), manual, 54khz

Grid is 1mm squares within 10mm blocks

[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

radlybadly

Post by radlybadly » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Congratulations credit to the hobby mate!

Return to “Success Stories”