Have finally ordered my terra X 705

Only for the discussion of the Minelab X-TERRA range of metal detectors within this forum.
THLee

Have finally ordered my terra X 705

Post by THLee » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi all,

After many a sleepless night and researching this forum I have decided to order a minelab x terra 705. Hope I have done the right thing :) i have ordered it from joan allen , who were more than helpful!! Should be here in a few days. Like my birthday has come early lol. I'm upgrading from a garrett ace 250.. ;)) hopefully it's quite straight forward to get started.

Cheers

Lee

X-Terra 705
Garrett probe
Jcb :)

Agent Smith

Re: Have finally ordered my terra X 705

Post by Agent Smith » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Lee ......excellent upgrade! You will love the 705, its a great machine that you will grow into. A little learning curve that you should stick with, in time you will love it! Keep us posted on what you think and how you get on with it. ::g ::g ::g Gary

shoveller

Post by shoveller » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 am

Here is my reply and thoughts for you.

I have only been detecting 6 months and I too started out with an Ace 250. With a lot of land and most of it not being plowed for a while I tried the DD coil on my Ace250 and found one hammered. I then came into a bit of money and loving the Garrett ways decided the next step was the AT Pro international. I really did not get on with this machine, for me it was too long winded, complicated, drawn out etc and for 2 months my finds were minimal. I then sold the AT Pro and did some research online, chatted to a few lovely guys at a club im with who are experienced in detecting and most of them said, try a minelab. Aside from an etrac or a ctx3030 which are both a)too complicated for me and b) too expensive i opted for the next best thing - the xterra 705

Thursday just gone after being outbid on a couple on eBay and promising myself id never buy new again due to the loss of money at resale i bit the bullet and ordered one from Joan allen, it arrived Friday and I took it out for a couple of hours Saturday and within an hour on my second hole I found a 1697 William 3rd silver Sixpence on the perimeter of a field I have been around twice already with my previous detector (AT Pro International) chuffed was the understatement of the year. I feel already i will be just fine with it and wish id got it in the first place, its a more advanced machine yet is pretty much as easy/simple to switch on setup and go as the Ace250/AT Pro was.

Best video i found was this - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This shows going through the menu and setup process. I recorded this onto my iphone and took it out onto the field. You will have no troubles with it mate i love mine already. ::g

THLee

Post by THLee » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 am

Cheers for the response guys..
I think I have made the right choice. And watching a lot of you tube clips I must admit the minelabs tones are music to my ears. The garrett ace. ... Apart from having to wear my headphones around my neck as it was too loud. I'm sure I. Will get on with it. Just looking forward to a bit of decent weather!!! And thanks to shoveller - I shall be putting that vid too on me iphone.

All the best . Lee
X-Terra 705
Garrett probe
Jcb :)

Jason5223

Post by Jason5223 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 am

Your 705 will have 2 volume controls on the machine. One with the headphones plugged in and one without. You should be able to have the volume turned down to a comfortable level on your headphones.

If you have an iPhone then download the minelab app, available free of charge in the apps store. It will have the entire 705 user manual on it so you can take your phone out into the field and reference the manual there and then. The app was created by one of the members on here.

Have a look at the link below for my thoughts on the machine 6 months in.

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... it=+Months" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MINELAB X-TERRA 705
GARRATT PRO POINTER
"Once you locate an object you need to find it in the soil dug from the hole. The best tool for this is your buddy's pinpointer.  If your buddy does not own a pinpointer suggest that he buy one."

Return to “Minelab X-TERRA Forum”