XP Deus V4.1 on hard ground

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
PeakDetectorist

XP Deus V4.1 on hard ground

Post by PeakDetectorist » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi

I have always used my Deus on V4 and never felt any need to update to V4.1, as it was performing superbly for me. My go to setting is GMP with frequency adjusted to 12khz.

I only detect on old pasture and recently I have been really struggling to get deep and the signals have been poor even with pre decimal Pennies at 6" etc. I put this down to the fact that the ground has been very hard and dry and simply zapped the depth I have been getting from the Deus.

I recently bought a second hand 9" coil which was already on V4.1 so I decided to update everything to V4.1.

I went out for the first time this weekend and it was like my detector had come back alive again!The signals were a lot stronger at depth and I even managed to pluck a nice Elizabeth I 1582 Sixpence from 7 inches which gave a very good signal.

I am pretty sure that I have not imagined this improvement and I just wondered if anybody else had experienced anything like this??

Cheers,
David

XP Deus with various coils

roamingrob

Re: XP Deus V4.1 on hard ground

Post by roamingrob » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 pm

First off congratulations on your find, l have 4.1 and did not go out as l am the same as you in l detect pasture and know how hard it is now. I am also concerned about the loss of depth as moist /wet pasture increases depth. Your comments are interesting though, do you know if it was flat or side on ?
RR
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

PeakDetectorist

Post by PeakDetectorist » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi Rob

Yes it was pretty much dead flat which certainly helped but the grass is getting a bit long also and it still gave me a good positive signal all ways with an ID in the late 80's.

Earlier this year when it was wet, I was getting awesome depth out of the machine but then when everything dried up, I couldn't believe the difference as it seemed quite poor.

I really don't think it was a coinicidence because I was out long enough and also had other finds which came up with a really positive signal.

I will have to see what happens next time I am out but hopefully it continue to deliver the goods!!
XP Deus with various coils

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Hard dry ground does kill depth, it can make a heck of a difference. I have always updated to the latest software, I believe XP are always looking to improve so why not in my opinion.

We are lucky to have a machine where the manufacturer continues to improve the technology, and puts this in to the same detector, and gives it to previous customers for free.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”