Xp deus v5 update available now ?!

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Me and my boy

Xp deus v5 update available now ?!

Post by Me and my boy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Just seen on their website that v5 is now available. Haven’t tried it so cannot comment.
Hopefully it’s here.

2018 hammies. = 130 (including quarters, halves and broken) not including the Saxon
Saxon = 4
Celtic. = 3
Silver denarius = 1
Gold Roman = 1
Gold ring. = 0

howard86

Re: Xp deus v5 update available now ?!

Post by howard86 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:40 pm

As posted on the other one before it was closed, I'm getting an error 404 on the download link so its either been accidentally uploaded early or someone's not checked it properly before the upload

EDIT: when I right clicked the link and saved as, it downloaded, whereas just left clicking didn't work
XP Deus + Garrett Pro Pointer AT

2018 So far:
6 Hammered
1 Roman
6 Milled Silver
£1.46 spendage

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Tried and worked for me, downloaded as an exe, got as far as "RUN or Cancel"..............i stopped because i don't want it yet

Make sure your anti-virus is disabled (for as long as it takes) as that may cause an issue

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:24 am

It wouldn't let me save it but when I selected Run, it loaded right up and saved it to my desktop as well .One thing it said was to hook coils up when updating but I did not.I just made sure they were fully charged before updating and everything seems fine.The volume is different, lower than before which is not a problem as they were always loud.

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 am

Bibelot wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:24 am
It wouldn't let me save it but when I selected Run, it loaded right up and saved it to my desktop as well .One thing it said was to hook coils up when updating but I did not.I just made sure they were fully charged before updating and everything seems fine.The volume is different, lower than before which is not a problem as they were always loud.
I think the on-screen instruction to have coils and headphones on charge is just a way of ensuring that people don't try to update items with such a low battery charge state that they might plonk out mid-update, causing major issues. Plenty of people updated to V4.1 with everything fully charged, but not on charge, and it worked fine.

It seems to me that there's not much in V5 for the full Deus user. All that seems to be new is functionality for the new coils that I have no plans to buy just yet, and increased tweaking options for Lite users, so I think I'll still be sticking with V3.2.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 am
Bibelot wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:24 am
I think the on-screen instruction to have coils and headphones on charge is just a way of ensuring that people don't try to update items with such a low battery charge state that they might plonk out mid-update, causing major issues. Plenty of people updated to V4.1 with everything fully charged, but not on charge, and it worked fine.

It seems to me that there's not much in V5 for the full Deus user. All that seems to be new is functionality for the new coils that I have no plans to buy just yet, and increased tweaking options for Lite users, so I think I'll still be sticking with V3.2.
It provides better ID, deeper than before or so it appears to have from what little I've used it so far.I'll be able to report more from the weekend.

howard86

Post by howard86 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:21 am

I noticed that the volume was quieter, on my headphones it'd gone down from 9 to 5 but nothing a quick press of the buttons didn't sort out.
XP Deus + Garrett Pro Pointer AT

2018 So far:
6 Hammered
1 Roman
6 Milled Silver
£1.46 spendage

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Can’t believe XP haven’t brought out a new control box that wirelessly connects to the internet and the update can be done from there. I only have an IMac - I take it you need a PC to update and not an Apple computer?

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Copperballs1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:15 pm
Can’t believe XP haven’t brought out a new control box that wirelessly connects to the internet and the update can be done from there. I only have an IMac - I take it you need a PC to update and not an Apple computer?
Yes you need a microsoft based one I’m afraid. You need to find a friend who feels like being helpful :D
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

wesser

Post by wesser » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Tried the V5.1 software today but the coil kept switching off and reconnecting . V annoying . Good job XP don't write national defence software . Dog s*** .

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”