X35 13 x 11 coil issues

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Digiffys

X35 13 x 11 coil issues

Post by Digiffys » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi all just a heads up on what ive been told by Regtons regarding a seriously noisy (chattering) coil. I've owned several deus's and several different coils but chose to to get the new X35 13 x 11. Well imedietly noticed it was acting extremely eratic through most programs and found to be the same on my two main permissions. These are sites ive done millions of times with as said different deus's. Anyway I sent it back to Regtons and a few days later was told that Xp know of the issue and it's UK emi problem! Brilliant! Also told that the chattering is not unusual. Again im well experienced in using this machine and feel well let down at the moment with the thing (coil) having been advertised as very stable then being told by the main uk distributor its a UK emi problem and XP are trying to sort it I believe these shouldn't even be sold until the fault is remedied. Of all the coils ive had this one is extremely noisy/worse than any others and not one bit stable as I was hoping for and heard about ;;z ;;z ;;z :(

History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

chip

Re: X35 13 x 11 coil issues

Post by chip » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Well I just bought the x35 13” coil so it’s a bit disconcerting hearing this.I will have it out on Sunday on pasture so will keep you posted.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

chip

Post by chip » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Digiffys wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm
Hi all just a heads up on what ive been told by Regtons regarding a seriously noisy (chattering) coil. I've owned several deus's and several different coils but chose to to get the new X35 13 x 11. Well imedietly noticed it was acting extremely eratic through most programs and found to be the same on my two main permissions. These are sites ive done millions of times with as said different deus's. Anyway I sent it back to Regtons and a few days later was told that Xp know of the issue and it's UK emi problem! Brilliant! Also told that the chattering is not unusual. Again im well experienced in using this machine and feel well let down at the moment with the thing (coil) having been advertised as very stable then being told by the main uk distributor its a UK emi problem and XP are trying to sort it I believe these shouldn't even be sold until the fault is remedied. Of all the coils ive had this one is extremely noisy/worse than any others and not one bit stable as I was hoping for and heard about ;;z ;;z ;;z :(
Hi digiffys, thanks for the pm. I lined up my three coils (9”hf, 11”standard and 13”x35) in the lounge where I have a multitude of electrical/electronic devices in use including WiFi And Bluetooth and cycled through them on the remote all on sensitivity 90.The 9” coil was silent, the 11” suffered from some emi slightly chirping and the 13” suffering slightly more so again. Now this was pretty much the results I was expecting due thebigger the coil the bigger the Ariel as Gary puts it on his emi video.

On the 13” coil if I knocked the sensitivity down to 87 it’s chirping was comparable to the 11” on 90 and if I knocked it down further to 85 it fell silent.
I have always found my standard 11” very stable in the field and regularly use it with sensitivity set at 95 with no problems. So from my limited testing indoors I have not seen anything to doubt my new x35 13” coil will not be problematic although as they say the proof will be in the pudding when I actually get out with it.

What did regtons do for you with regard to your returned coil, offer a replacement, refund or return it saying that’s how they are? Which I get from there statement of “that it’s not unusual”.

Also they say XP are working on it so that means there will be a v5.2 in the pipeline.
Last edited by chip on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Koala

Post by Koala » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 pm

interesting to read this. After reading on Facebook yesterday that someone went back to there old black coil halfway through a session because they weren't finding much. Straight away they started to finding stuff again.

Didn't take too much notice of it. You have to walk over it to find it. could have been coincidence.

I am sure a few tweaks of the software will soon have it up and running again.

On a different note. I see on a Russian forum a couple of black coils have failed on the new upgrade.

Seems like the customers now do the testing. Surprise at it being a UK problem. Isn't XP French on the same mains and phone frequencies.

I have every confidence it will be sorted. Be interested to hear from others who have both the new and original coil.

shaggybfc

Post by shaggybfc » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:28 pm

I have just upgraded to the Dues with the 11" X35 coil. I was out yesterday testing, trying to learn the machine, but was getting a lot of 'chatter' in every program I had the machine in. I'd put this down to me not understanding the settings! I'll therefore be watching this thread with interest whilst still playing around.
Andi
XP Deus, 11" X35 coil, WS4 back-phones, remote and an empty bank balance. Garrett Ace 250.
They told me I’d never be any good at poetry, because I’m dyslexic, but so far I’ve made 3 jugs and a vase.

bsabill

Post by bsabill » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:41 pm

I have the x35 9" coil, And have problems with emi
The coil is ok in use searching,
But put it down to dig and search a hole and away it goes chirping like mad
Dropping sensitivity or frequency does not help
Hoping they sort out the issues soon
Bill

hoot

Post by hoot » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:39 am

hi
i have recently bought the x35 coil from regtons
if i turn the coil on in the house i get a bit of chatter but i dont detect in the house so not to worried about it.
on the fields i have tried it on so far, on rallies i get a lot as everyone starts, so loads of machines do give a lot of emi for first min or two,but after that it is the same as my black standard coil.
coil i have is the 9 inch x35 and settings i use is gm power and 13khz 95 ground if not chirpy and reactivaty 2 or 1.
when i get use to machine i will change the khz but everytime im out with it i keep finding things where on the standard black coil my find rates had dried up

kred

Post by kred » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Glad I read this as was going to order the x35 11" so I'll obviously hold off to see if there's an update to resolve the issue. Although can't decide if I should put in the extra notes and get a nox 600 instead and keep the deus as a back up.
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Makro Racer

chip

Post by chip » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Well was out with the new x35 13” coil today on pasture. While detecting it was faultless, stable, no chatter worked a dream. But when ever I put it down to dig it went garrety, went into full on panic mode. I found if you lay it down with the coil flat to the ground it quietened down some but still chattered away.

On my Garrett at max I leave my coil bolt quit loose and always lay it down coil flat, as on my nell coils the lugs are central making the coil well balanced allowing me to do that. The deus 13” coil like the others are hinged one end so require more friction to stop it suffering from brewers droop when in use. Meaning just putting it down is not enough to make the coil lie flat, you have to push it down flat. Which I couldn’t be bothered to do so just put up with the chatter.

Apparently v5.2 is out very soon so hopefully this will remedy this.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Nigel at regtons

Post by Nigel at regtons » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Indeed XP are aware & apparently only affecting us in UK, thats why it caught them off guard, however they think they know what the issue is & will have a solution very quickly,keep an eye on XP blog

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I live in Holland and have the same problems whith my 11" X35 coil .

hendrik

Post by hendrik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Update 5.2 is on internet .
I have now fewer problems

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”