So now I'm worried

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
rab the ranter

So now I'm worried

Post by rab the ranter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:30 am

I previously posted I'm about to buy a new full set up Deus. But it looks like when you purchase a new one they come with the new x35 coils as standard and all I seem to be reading is peeps having nothing but trouble with them regarding chattering, unstable, can't lay them down or can't stop for a chat or they go mad. Also if you have an older machine can you only use pre 5.0 programmes unless you buy the new x35 coil and vice versa if you have a new Deus. I was really looking forward to getting a new Deus but now I don't know what to do. Can anyone reassure me please.

rab the ranter

Re: So now I'm worried

Post by rab the ranter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 am

I had one of the original ones and it was a great machine, it has so many good points So im hoping they will get the problems sorted pronto.

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 am

You can ask the supplier to provide you with a new full Deus with the HF 9" coil on V4.1.
Versions of V5 would be okay for any coil, including the original standard coils, but there is no point in having it without an X35 coil or if you have a full Deus. V5 gives owners of the Deus Lite slightly more control within the headphones.
No dealer is going to turn down a sale. There are still new original coils, which again you can tell the dealer, that is the set up you want.
Remember, you are the customer. Tell them what you want.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:34 am

Ok this is important - if you don't have a deus then you probably aren't, no matter how well intentioned, qualified to comment on this thread. Please keep answers just specific to the question raised by the OP.

XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Right now, I'd be inclined to buy a machine with an original coil if possible. Second hand, if necessary.

You can always upgrade to the X35 later if you wish, but you'll be using proven equipment. I was tempted to swap my 13" coil for an X35, but having read the reported issues I'm glad I didn't!

You'd also have the option to play around with V2, V3.2 and V4.1, which you can't with the X35 coils ::g

rab the ranter

Post by rab the ranter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm

That's the way I'm beginning to think, but it's a lot of money to upgrade to a new coil later on. I'd have to buy an original coil then a few weeks later they iron out the x35 problems and it turns out to be the best coil ever invented. Overexagerating of course but I just wish there was more clarity from XP about what's getting done and when the fix will be out.

f8met

Post by f8met » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Since I have got an 11" coil I have noticed lots more chatter than my 9" (both original black coils). If I drop to 14khz the chatter is a lot less. I am wondering if a lot of reported chatter is people using them on high frequencies and they are picking up the mineralisation in the ground. I had a similar issue when I used the HF elliptical coil and setting it up to the higher frequencies gave me far too much noise. The higher frequencies are more for the nugget and fine gold hunters in my opinion and I am not sure what advantage they give for UK conditions.

If I were to start again and buy new, I would take the latest set up. After all, if you are new to the machine, you will get used to what it is and not get frustrated with what you knew from before.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2018 56 Hammered

johntm

Post by johntm » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:07 pm

hi rab,yes i was a bit twitchy about buying the new x35 11in coil,but i went ahead and bought one,charged it up,straight out in the back garden to test it,and it chirrupt,and allsorts,i thought i hope this isnt going to be like this in the field,following day out with the club using new said coil it performed realy well,stable as anything no noise on laying it down either,its defo a emi thing in the garden,as for out in the field if it picks up emi lower sens,same as for mineralised ground lower sens.at the mo i am happy with it.
explorer 2,and gold maxx power.

rab the ranter

Post by rab the ranter » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Thanks John, I think like you ill take the risk and go for it after all. As you say, lower the sens and . possibly even use a lower frequency.

f8met

Post by f8met » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Don't get hung up on the high frequencies. They are not meant for UK conditions. I find cut quarters on 14khz. Maybe not deep but it is possible. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2018 56 Hammered

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 am

f8met wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:53 pm
Since I have got an 11" coil I have noticed lots more chatter than my 9" (both original black coils). If I drop to 14khz the chatter is a lot less. I am wondering if a lot of reported chatter is people using them on high frequencies and they are picking up the mineralisation in the ground. I had a similar issue when I used the HF elliptical coil and setting it up to the higher frequencies gave me far too much noise. The higher frequencies are more for the nugget and fine gold hunters in my opinion and I am not sure what advantage they give for UK conditions.
The larger the coil, the larger the aerial receiver so to speak. Near power-lines i find 18khz is best with standard coils. My 9" round HF coil is quiet everywhere in 28khz with even 95 or more sensitivity, maybe that's why I like it so much. The very highest HF frequencies would be great on the beach for small/fine gold jewellery though not really ideal for inland general use. But the HF round coil in 28khz seems to hit the thin silver well and separates good amongst ferrous trash. Maybe the HF elliptical is just more prone to EMI? x;
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6. %)=
White's TDI SL
White's DFX
White's Classic III SL

rab the ranter

Post by rab the ranter » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Well guys I decided to go for my new full package Deus with the new x35 coil and gave it its first outing on Sunday. I needn't have worried about all the posts I read about chattering and noise when laying down or from pro pointer. The detector was fantastic, very quiet with no chatter from anything even when right up close to my mates with an Etrac and a Garrett AT pro. I was using Gary's Ultimate program and it work a dream on fresh cut silage. It was like greeting an old friend after about five years since I last owned a Deus only even better. I would definitely advise any Deus owner to watch ALL Gary's videos as they each have great bits of advise. The most important one is getting your ear tuned into those small whisper signals as that was where I got most of my non ferrous signals from and from deep down. No great finds but confident it won't miss anything if you walk over it. It came pre programmed with V5.2 so was all ready to go. Chuffed to bits and can't wait till next week.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Thats great news Rab.. i bet your going to love it..my partner uses a deus and the only time she wants to try my nox is on beach but she swears by it inland .! ::g
Quid adfers? LXXXIII viverra anulum tizer !

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”