V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if the V5.2 final has any improvement at all respects to the 5.2 b3? I am asking because I have updated today and I would like to know what to expect.
Thanks



chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 pm

V5.2 and v5.2b3 are one and the same.
I updated as soon as v5.2 came out and it was v5.2b3 then
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Lobo

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Lobo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 pm

V5.2 is actually V5.2b3. I have no idea why they added the b3, but when I did my update a few weeks ago it came out as V5.2b3. There is supposed to be another update to make a few tweaks but it hasn't come out yet.

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:36 pm

chip wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 pm
V5.2 and v5.2b3 are one and the same.
I updated as soon as v5.2 came out and it was v5.2b3 then
I am not so sure, I had the b3 before and now the display just say 5.2. or they made the b3 final or there must be some differences.

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 6755
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2746 times
Been thanked: 2715 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Are you saying the current version is named just v5.2? Interesting ::g
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 pm

So did you update from 5.2b3 to 5.2?
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:48 pm
Are you saying the current version is named just v5.2? Interesting ::g
Yes. It's just 5.2 now, but I have still to try it. I'll go tomorrow and I'll let you now if I find any difference.

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 pm

chip wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 pm
So did you update from 5.2b3 to 5.2?
Yes.

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 6755
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2746 times
Been thanked: 2715 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:31 pm

dep1699 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 pm
chip wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 pm
So did you update from 5.2b3 to 5.2?
Yes.
Oh so maybe a further update?

Trouble is I’m so confused and battered by various v5 versions that i don’t know if i can bear to do another update :(
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm

From there website,
02/08/2018 – The version 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.
– 13/09/2018 – the version 5.2 solve some bugs and improve the connectivity between coils, remote control and headphones.

No mention of another update unless it’s a stealth update.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 pm

chip wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm
From there website,
02/08/2018 – The version 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.
– 13/09/2018 – the version 5.2 solve some bugs and improve the connectivity between coils, remote control and headphones.

No mention of another update unless it’s a stealth update.
I know that, but following the rumors that a new update was out I asked to my retailer and they confirmed that there is a new version(and installed it as I only have Deus light). I don't know what to say, I only know that B3 is not there on my display anymore.

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Am I the only one among 110 viewer of this post that has this version?

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:55 pm

dep1699 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 pm
chip wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm
From there website,
02/08/2018 – The version 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.
– 13/09/2018 – the version 5.2 solve some bugs and improve the connectivity between coils, remote control and headphones.

No mention of another update unless it’s a stealth update.
I know that, but following the rumors that a new update was out I asked to my retailer and they confirmed that there is a new version(and installed it as I only have Deus light). I don't know what to say, I only know that B3 is not there on my display anymore.
Sneaky XP!

I will download it tomorrow.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

principia
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by principia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 am

Version V5.2b3 stands for "Version 5.2 beta version 3" that was the last beta version before XP introduced the final V5.2.
Differences between both versions not known, If you would go for version 5.2 than most preferable should be the final version to my opinion.
Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
C Scope CS6MXi
Deteknix X-pointer

Lobo

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Lobo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 am

I have asked Gary Blackwell if V5.2b3 has been upgraded, just waiting for Gary to reply.
It seems strange that there has been no announcement from XP, considering all the issues that people are having with version 5.

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm

I have downloaded and updated to 5.2 proper, I hope I have better luck than I had with the 5.2b3 version.
I will be using it with my old 11” coil at the weekend and until the opportunity arises to get out on pasture with the 13”x35.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 6755
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2746 times
Been thanked: 2715 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 pm

chip wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm
I have downloaded and updated to 5.2 proper, I hope I have better luck than I had with the 5.2b3 version.
I will be using it with my old 11” coil at the weekend and until the opportunity arises to get out on pasture with the 13”x35.
Please let us know how you get on ::g

Thanks :-*
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 pm
chip wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm
I have downloaded and updated to 5.2 proper, I hope I have better luck than I had with the 5.2b3 version.
I will be using it with my old 11” coil at the weekend and until the opportunity arises to get out on pasture with the 13”x35.
Please let us know how you get on ::g

Thanks :-*
Will do ::g
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 pm

I tried it today. It may be just my impression, but it looks much better. I was funding those small lead bullet at an unbelievable depth and a modern 1p that I found (deep as well) just blow off my hear.

Lobo

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Lobo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Gary has confirmed, the latest update from the drop down menu is V5.2
Would be worth anyone with an X35 coil,giving it another go.
Thanks for your feedback dep1699. ::g

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am

Lobo wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 pm
Gary has confirmed, the latest update from the drop down menu is V5.2
Would be worth anyone with an X35 coil,giving it another go.
Thanks for your feedback dep1699. ::g
You are welcome, however I don't have X35, only 9" LF and HF elliptical coil, and yet the version looks better to me. It may be an unforeseen good "side effect" :-)

User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 338 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by shaggybfc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 am

Now on V5.2 with the 11" X35 coil - it's not too bad. I still get the odd disappearing signal, chatter when laying it down, and chatter near strong EMI (electric fences, and other users). I think that all the old pre-installed programs need to be modified to suit the V5.2 with the X35 coil, but I can live with this. I'm certainly obtaining great performance out of the machine. ::g
Andi
XP Deus, 11" X35 coil, WS4 back-phones, remote and an empty bank balance. Garrett Ace 250.
They told me I’d never be any good at poetry, because I’m dyslexic, but so far I’ve made 3 jugs and a vase.

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 pm

You will need to re-think what a good target sounds. Today a George V penny (Deep) was just screaming to the point I was not digging it convinced it was a coke can.

Copperballs1
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm
Location: Chorley
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by Copperballs1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:24 pm

When updated some weeks ago, my remote control did show the version as V5.2b3 but I updated today and it now shows V5.2. I am going out tomorrow on a 17th century site so will let you know how I get on. ::g

Cheers,

Copperballs1

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:29 pm

My x35 13” coil has vexed me for the last time today.

I have had it for several weeks now but today was to be it’s second outing. The first time out was on pasture when I first got it, running v5.1. It worked perfectly, in fact I will go as far as brilliantly until you laid it down to dig which sent it into a meltdown with chatter. This was at a LP (LP were the suppliers of this coil) dig hosted by Mick, the one on the soon to be sold horse stables with the gallops running through it, I spoke to Mick about it who told me the clever people at XP knew about this and it would be sorted with a soon to arrive update.

True to his word the 5.2b3 update arrived soon after I updated to it and then went by chance on another LP dig, the Rwanda charity dig on the Roman villa site. I did not take the 13” coil as this was cultivated and decided to use my standard 11” coil instead. After many lost targets once I dug the signal I decided this version V5.2b3 was not for me so went back to v4.1 without ever trying the 13” x35.

Now to today, running the new V5.2 update with the standard 11” coil everything seemed to be working great, no lost targets all was well. So after lunch I thought I would test my new x35 13” coil hoping this to would work fine. Literally within seconds of getting on the field I found a good target, great I thought. Put the deus down to dig, silence, not a chirp, fantastic I thought.
Then I produced my Garret carrot and turned it on, aaarrrgghh. The deus went mental, the chatter was earbleedingly off the scale, I moved the detector arm distance away made no difference. I could not hear my pin pointer beeping over it so took the headphones off to continue with the pointer to find the target. After, I stood up with my detector still on the floor I had to walk six foot away from the coil Before the chatter stopped. After several attempts at turning my carrot on and off within 6foot of the coil I gave in and accepted my coil is not fit for purpose. It went back in the car and the standard 11” went back on and I did some tests with that and I Can put my pinpointer to within six to eight inches of the standard coil before it starts to chirp, where I can’t go within six foot of the X35.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 pm

chip wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:29 pm
My x35 13” coil has vexed me for the last time today.

I have had it for several weeks now but today was to be it’s second outing. The first time out was on pasture when I first got it, running v5.1. It worked perfectly, in fact I will go as far as brilliantly until you laid it down to dig which sent it into a meltdown with chatter. This was at a LP (LP were the suppliers of this coil) dig hosted by Mick, the one on the soon to be sold horse stables with the gallops running through it, I spoke to Mick about it who told me the clever people at XP knew about this and it would be sorted with a soon to arrive update.

True to his word the 5.2b3 update arrived soon after I updated to it and then went by chance on another LP dig, the Rwanda charity dig on the Roman villa site. I did not take the 13” coil as this was cultivated and decided to use my standard 11” coil instead. After many lost targets once I dug the signal I decided this version V5.2b3 was not for me so went back to v4.1 without ever trying the 13” x35.

Now to today, running the new V5.2 update with the standard 11” coil everything seemed to be working great, no lost targets all was well. So after lunch I thought I would test my new x35 13” coil hoping this to would work fine. Literally within seconds of getting on the field I found a good target, great I thought. Put the deus down to dig, silence, not a chirp, fantastic I thought.
Then I produced my Garret carrot and turned it on, aaarrrgghh. The deus went mental, the chatter was earbleedingly off the scale, I moved the detector arm distance away made no difference. I could not hear my pin pointer beeping over it so took the headphones off to continue with the pointer to find the target. After, I stood up with my detector still on the floor I had to walk six foot away from the coil Before the chatter stopped. After several attempts at turning my carrot on and off within 6foot of the coil I gave in and accepted my coil is not fit for purpose. It went back in the car and the standard 11” went back on and I did some tests with that and I Can put my pinpointer to within six to eight inches of the standard coil before it starts to chirp, where I can’t go within six foot of the X35.
This was happening to me with 4.1 using LF at 8Khz when I switched on my cheepo GP-pointer. Not happen anymore with 5.2. I think it's just interference, try a different khz for your coil.

chip
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by chip » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

dep1699 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 pm
chip wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:29 pm
My x35 13” coil has vexed me for the last time today.

I have had it for several weeks now but today was to be it’s second outing. The first time out was on pasture when I first got it, running v5.1. It worked perfectly, in fact I will go as far as brilliantly until you laid it down to dig which sent it into a meltdown with chatter. This was at a LP (LP were the suppliers of this coil) dig hosted by Mick, the one on the soon to be sold horse stables with the gallops running through it, I spoke to Mick about it who told me the clever people at XP knew about this and it would be sorted with a soon to arrive update.

True to his word the 5.2b3 update arrived soon after I updated to it and then went by chance on another LP dig, the Rwanda charity dig on the Roman villa site. I did not take the 13” coil as this was cultivated and decided to use my standard 11” coil instead. After many lost targets once I dug the signal I decided this version V5.2b3 was not for me so went back to v4.1 without ever trying the 13” x35.

Now to today, running the new V5.2 update with the standard 11” coil everything seemed to be working great, no lost targets all was well. So after lunch I thought I would test my new x35 13” coil hoping this to would work fine. Literally within seconds of getting on the field I found a good target, great I thought. Put the deus down to dig, silence, not a chirp, fantastic I thought.
Then I produced my Garret carrot and turned it on, aaarrrgghh. The deus went mental, the chatter was earbleedingly off the scale, I moved the detector arm distance away made no difference. I could not hear my pin pointer beeping over it so took the headphones off to continue with the pointer to find the target. After, I stood up with my detector still on the floor I had to walk six foot away from the coil Before the chatter stopped. After several attempts at turning my carrot on and off within 6foot of the coil I gave in and accepted my coil is not fit for purpose. It went back in the car and the standard 11” went back on and I did some tests with that and I Can put my pinpointer to within six to eight inches of the standard coil before it starts to chirp, where I can’t go within six foot of the X35.
This was happening to me with 4.1 using LF at 8Khz when I switched on my cheepo GP-pointer. Not happen anymore with 5.2. I think it's just interference, try a different khz for your coil.
I will have another testing session in the garden tomorrow, it did this on what ever frequency standard GMP uses 17.something. If I can’t use it with my pointer it’s going back for a refund.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 pm

chip wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm
dep1699 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 pm
chip wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:29 pm
My x35 13” coil has vexed me for the last time today.

I have had it for several weeks now but today was to be it’s second outing. The first time out was on pasture when I first got it, running v5.1. It worked perfectly, in fact I will go as far as brilliantly until you laid it down to dig which sent it into a meltdown with chatter. This was at a LP (LP were the suppliers of this coil) dig hosted by Mick, the one on the soon to be sold horse stables with the gallops running through it, I spoke to Mick about it who told me the clever people at XP knew about this and it would be sorted with a soon to arrive update.

True to his word the 5.2b3 update arrived soon after I updated to it and then went by chance on another LP dig, the Rwanda charity dig on the Roman villa site. I did not take the 13” coil as this was cultivated and decided to use my standard 11” coil instead. After many lost targets once I dug the signal I decided this version V5.2b3 was not for me so went back to v4.1 without ever trying the 13” x35.

Now to today, running the new V5.2 update with the standard 11” coil everything seemed to be working great, no lost targets all was well. So after lunch I thought I would test my new x35 13” coil hoping this to would work fine. Literally within seconds of getting on the field I found a good target, great I thought. Put the deus down to dig, silence, not a chirp, fantastic I thought.
Then I produced my Garret carrot and turned it on, aaarrrgghh. The deus went mental, the chatter was earbleedingly off the scale, I moved the detector arm distance away made no difference. I could not hear my pin pointer beeping over it so took the headphones off to continue with the pointer to find the target. After, I stood up with my detector still on the floor I had to walk six foot away from the coil Before the chatter stopped. After several attempts at turning my carrot on and off within 6foot of the coil I gave in and accepted my coil is not fit for purpose. It went back in the car and the standard 11” went back on and I did some tests with that and I Can put my pinpointer to within six to eight inches of the standard coil before it starts to chirp, where I can’t go within six foot of the X35.
This was happening to me with 4.1 using LF at 8Khz when I switched on my cheepo GP-pointer. Not happen anymore with 5.2. I think it's just interference, try a different khz for your coil.
I will have another testing session in the garden tomorrow, it did this on what ever frequency standard GMP uses 17.something. If I can’t use it with my pointer it’s going back for a refund.
Good luck with that, I hope they will give you the refund if you go for it. Let me know if this will happen as we shop from the same retailer, and I am curious to know about their refund policy.

ju.mobile
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by ju.mobile » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Deus and numerous if not the majority of detectors will give feedback when using a pinpointer. Unless they have a specific feature to accommodate the interference. This is why XP designed the Mi-6 and that was its biggest selling point. It’s not broken, it’s how it is!

Not sure if the Mi-4 would also do the same as it’s not tied to the remote/headphones.


Kind Regards

Ju

dep1699
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: V5.2 Vs V5.2b3

Post by dep1699 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:54 pm

ju.mobile wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:47 pm
Deus and numerous if not the majority of detectors will give feedback when using a pinpointer. Unless they have a specific feature to accommodate the interference. This is why XP designed the Mi-6 and that was its biggest selling point. It’s not broken, it’s how it is!

Not sure if the Mi-4 would also do the same as it’s not tied to the remote/headphones.


Kind Regards

Ju
I am of the same opinion, I was avoiding the 8Khz and I was happy with that. I can't imagine they can give a refund because the detector is incompatible with someone else technology, but if it's a "no question made" refund policy maybe it's possible. I hope that Chip can solve his problem in one way or another, it's a very annoying one.

Post Reply

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”