5.2 better than 4.1 ?

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Junior

Re: 5.2 better than 4.1 ?

Post by Junior » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 am

With 4.1 I keep losing the coil.....now on v5.2.803 i believe (it does soon go out from first switch on quick ) seems to have cured that .... had a darkened oblong on the screen which must of happened on v5.2 update as id never had it happen before in the various up dates id done from v3.1 upwards , turned out to be the contrast can get altered when updated ( mate told me hed seen it on xp skill school )
Performance which I havnt really noticed any difference as id tended u use it as the back up detector.....but last 2 outings I took it out and got 3 hammies ...might of got more with the other detector ???. but might just of been luck ? ::g Think Liam is still on v3.1 ??

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am

I tried V5.2 but went back to V4.1 as it suited the older coils better for me. ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

targets

Post by targets » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

still on 4.1 here and it all seems very well ..on 4kh gold prog it misses nothing and deep too
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Wilci

Post by Wilci » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm

No problems with 5.2.
Deus 9" X35 - HF round

Compass Judge II

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

5.2 is fine for me, had issues with MI6 connection on previous, only have the original black 9" inch coil, good luck.

HolzHammer

Post by HolzHammer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Evening All,
I have only had the deus (lite) for a year having upgraded from my original Ace 250 and have nothing like the experience most other members have on here ( though I almost stopped working for 8 months as all I wanted to do was detect so I have put a few hours in!!)
So for what its worth, I, like most deus owners, was more than happy with 4.1; an excellent option which gave excellent and consistent, beautiful tones and feedback on all sorts of diggable stuff. 5.2 in comparison was much less familiar and comfortable but I spoke to a few people who know their onions and I persisted and persisted and now I understand the language I wouldn't go back to 4.1. There are things I miss, for example, you NEVER lost a signal, either once a target dislodged itself and still in the hole or a small target the wrong side of a heavy clod out of the hole with 4.1 but the nice iffy squeaks and tiny, tantalising wispy strains are, in my opinion, now even more musical to the ears with 5.2 than they were with 4.1.
We don't generally like change, and we don't like to think we might be missing something by using unfamiliar new tech but i think once you get used to it you won't look back - put it his way, I've found some really nice ( sometimes tiny bits and pieces) often at a good depth so am no longer feeling I'm missing anything and that new found confidence goes a long way in accepting the new!
Pip Pip
A

JBM

Post by JBM » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:26 pm

I use 4.1 and seem to be lucky quite often. ::g

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

kred

Post by kred » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 pm

I updated from 4.0 to 4.1 and hated it. I lost depth and sensitivity on 4.1 so rolled it back to 4.0 and all was good again. I've since updated to 5.2 and think it's the best programme for my Deus. I get a bit more depth and are picking up targets that I could'nt previously. So for me 5.2 works but I find it weird that some programmes work for some and not others because each successive update theoretically should be an improvement.
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Makro Racer
Equinox 800

principia

Post by principia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am

HolzHammer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Evening All,
I have only had the deus (lite) for a year having upgraded from my original Ace 250 and have nothing like the experience most other members have on here ( though I almost stopped working for 8 months as all I wanted to do was detect so I have put a few hours in!!)
So for what its worth, I, like most deus owners, was more than happy with 4.1; an excellent option which gave excellent and consistent, beautiful tones and feedback on all sorts of diggable stuff. 5.2 in comparison was much less familiar and comfortable but I spoke to a few people who know their onions and I persisted and persisted and now I understand the language I wouldn't go back to 4.1. There are things I miss, for example, you NEVER lost a signal, either once a target dislodged itself and still in the hole or a small target the wrong side of a heavy clod out of the hole with 4.1 but the nice iffy squeaks and tiny, tantalising wispy strains are, in my opinion, now even more musical to the ears with 5.2 than they were with 4.1.
We don't generally like change, and we don't like to think we might be missing something by using unfamiliar new tech but i think once you get used to it you won't look back - put it his way, I've found some really nice ( sometimes tiny bits and pieces) often at a good depth so am no longer feeling I'm missing anything and that new found confidence goes a long way in accepting the new!
Pip Pip
A
And don't forget, when you are a lite user, version 5.2 gives you much more options to adjust compared to the older software.
(extra: reactivity, tx power, tracking, frequency shift,iron volume and audio overload)
Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
C Scope CS6MXi
Deteknix X-pointer

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”