XP Deus - Headphones

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Kmarsh

Re: DEUS - headphones

Post by Kmarsh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Oldest Swinger wrote:
Kmarsh wrote:This is the cover I make for the headphones, made from clear sleeves for A4 paper, I make them with a vacuum sealer.they are a little stiffer than zip bags........
deus cover 3.JPG
Next time you down here mate I would love it if you brought a few of ya plastic covers for me.
If I gonna get back into it then I need all the weatherproofing I can get with all the rain we getting these days.

Paul
No probs Paul, I'll make ya some up, if I can't get i'll pm ya for address...

Whites Surfmaster PI Pro.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

mrix
Founder

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by mrix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 pm

That is correct, the back phone are flimsy, but in the summertime when it is very hot they are great to use. So don't throw them away!
Very good point! I think the backphones must be just the job on those hot summer days ::g B-)
But when the cold winter months are here the full head phones which cover your ears has to be a must in my book! ::g

Cheers
mrix

woody50

Post by woody50 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

mrix wrote:
That is correct, the back phone are flimsy, but in the summertime when it is very hot they are great to use. So don't throw them away!
Very good point! I think the backphones must be just the job on those hot summer days ::g B-)
But when the cold winter months are here the full head phones which cover your ears has to be a must in my book! ::g

Cheers
mrix
Yes, that is very true. And I am using mine every time nowadays here in Holland (see page 2).
They are very cosy and warm.

Earl
Deus user, located in Zwaag, The Netherlands. Our tiny MD Club is called the WF4 (West Friesiae 4) http://www.wf4.nl

stubble hunter

Post by stubble hunter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Anyone using the new WS5 headphones ? If so your opinions ? Is there any noticeable weight/other differences over other cups (e.g. Sunray Pro Golds which I used for many years with an earlier machine. Hell I loved those cups !) And I have postively detested these Deus back phones ! I wear glasses and the two dont mix well.
Yep - the WS5's sure are pricey but as I already have a spare stem and large coil ... then the WS5's effectively give me a spare machine. But worth the cost over the chefphones ? Hmmmm
Cheers !
John
XP DEUS - V5.2 (9" HF coil).
Usual settings: Prog 9 (Hot), manual, 54khz

Grid is 1mm squares within 10mm blocks

[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

Hauptmann aD

Post by Hauptmann aD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Good question - and I'm in the same situation with a spare system due to second stem/coil available. But on the other side 350 Euro sound ridicolous for just headphones.
Wonder why we cant get a headphone without control function, only pairing and loudness level would be needed features, especially if already a control box is available.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

stubble hunter

Post by stubble hunter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
.. well they certainly appear to be exceptional quality but the price aaahhhhh !
If we have another winter like the last I will have to consider.. (saving !) :D
Anyone speak French ? :)

Cheers !
John
XP DEUS - V5.2 (9" HF coil).
Usual settings: Prog 9 (Hot), manual, 54khz

Grid is 1mm squares within 10mm blocks

[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

woody50

Post by woody50 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:30 pm

stubble hunter wrote:
.. well they certainly appear to be exceptional quality but the price aaahhhhh !
If we have another winter like the last I will have to consider.. (saving !) :D
Anyone speak French ? :)

Cheers !
John
John, there are two ways to cheaply create a warm headphone unit for the winter that also lessens any exterior noises.

The first is to do what I mentioned, buy a extra pair of Deus headphones € 17, and mount them in a normal headset (an extra that you have laying around).

The second is to buy an adapter for the headphone unit (from Deus), it costs € 15. You attach the unit to the headphone unit and can then plug in your own headphone. It does have however a small socket for the headphone, so you need some sort of adapter if you use a normal headphone plug.

Both of these will keep your ears cosy warm. I use a headphone that had a large opening, then my ears don't get tired being crushed into a small headset opening, just one that I had laying around and did not use. Worked just fine. I think I described the modification in this article.
Deus user, located in Zwaag, The Netherlands. Our tiny MD Club is called the WF4 (West Friesiae 4) http://www.wf4.nl

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi all
I'm having problems hearing signals through the backphones in all this windy weather!
So i've decided to do the headphone mod, with pair of low profile ear defenders i have.
I also have a pair of 24 Ohm Sony On Ear phones, that i fancy using the speakers out of instead of the Deus ones.
My dilema is, on the left speaker, which terminals do i solder the black wires to, from the Wireless Module backplate?
Any advice from those brave souls that have done it, will be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance! ::g

Regards
Arrow

woody50

Post by woody50 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 am

Arrow wrote:Hi all
I'm having problems hearing signals through the backphones in all this windy weather!
So i've decided to do the headphone mod, with pair of low profile ear defenders i have.
I also have a pair of 24 Ohm Sony On Ear phones, that i fancy using the speakers out of instead of the Deus ones.
My dilema is, on the left speaker, which terminals do i solder the black wires to, from the Wireless Module backplate?
Any advice from those brave souls that have done it, will be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance! ::g

Regards
Arrow
Well Arrow, I don't remember. Before I take any wires off of something I always make a schematic of what went where, sometimes even a photo. Only then do I remove things, later if something goes wrong I can always go back. I did that with my built headset for the Deus, but don't have my papers anymore and did not take a photo; I did it quite a time ago and did not need the paper after it was working.

My advice is just look at how the earphones are wired before you remove the wires, and put the wires back the same way later. I thought myself that the wires had different markings or something like that. It might be important to keep exactly the same wiring if they are wired in a stereo mode, but I don't know if they are wired so.

Good luck.

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks Woody50

My only problem using the new Sony speakers, is that they've never had those 2 black wires from the backplate soldered to them. So i can't make note of where they go? :-L
I guess it'll be trial and error?

Thanks all the same mate. ::g

Regards

Arrow

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm

hello Arrow, you need 32 Ohm speakers, same as the xp ones, so as to get the same tones, you could buy the standard backphones for around £12 and use the speakers from them.......hope this helps.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Kmarsh wrote:hello Arrow, you need 32 Ohm speakers, same as the xp ones, so as to get the same tones, you could buy the standard backphones for around £12 and use the speakers from them.......hope this helps.
Hi Kmarsh
Yes that is also another option, thanks.

I dismantled the backphones and discovered the thin cable sleeve of the wire is already cracking and exposing the inner cores. It's like cotton! ;;z

I stopped folding the phones a year ago, as i was concerned it would weaken the wire?

I'd like to replace it with something 'slightly' more robust. :ml

I think i should be able to get away with 'slightly' more Ohms, without causing too much problem with the clarity of the signal? It's worth a try?

I tried the Sony ones on the remote control and they sounded ok. I have no volume control on those phones and it nearly blew my eyeballs out! :-O

Thanks for the feedback ::g

Regards

Arrow

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm

no probs, do what ya think to get best results, if it suits ya hearing then fine, I have the peltor's with the mod, foto on here in one of the threads.......
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Glenfiddich wrote:hi folks, my backphones are very comfortable indeed but they are all scratched where the control panel is over the LCD screen :-O and probably this is caused by me trying to adjust the volume or by switching them on or off while wearing gloves and it is now becoming difficult to read the screen when I need to :-O so my question is this.....is it possible to send them back to Regton's or XP themselves for them to put a new plastic screen on them :-/ or do you think they'll try to get me to buy a new pair cmpletely which I definately don't want to do if I can help it :-O

your thoughts please ::g

Glen :-w
Hi Glen

Do you not still have the thin plastic cover on the wireless module?

I imagine they could replace the outer casing of the wireless module? Which would be a hell of a lot cheaper!

Regards

Arrow

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Kmarsh wrote:no probs, do what ya think to get best results, if it suits ya hearing then fine, I have the peltor's with the mod, foto on here in one of the threads.......
Yes i saw your handy module cover. Good idea!

I'll let you all know how it goes?

I only use 2 tones, high and low. So i can adjust the frequencies a bit any way if needed?
It's all good fun and experience!! ::g

Arrow

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm

if like me glen ya warranties run out ya could buy the new cover and replace it. but I'm sure Nigel will be happy to fit a new one for you,
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Well i've made them and they work!
I'll try them out tomorrow and see what i think?

Regards
Arrow

AirStrato

Post by AirStrato » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi Guys

I got myself second hand WS4. Coming tomorrow. Im pretty sure they will be still in V2.
Now im already using V3 on my controller.
Does anyone have situation like this? What im going to do first is to pair the coil with WS4. Then reverse controller to V2 and after that upgrade all to V3.
What do you think? Is this going to work? Is there an easier way?

Cheers

Artur

AirStrato

Post by AirStrato » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 am

I will answer myself then :)

All updated and all good. Had to reverse it to V2, pair the coil with new headphones and then V3.

Voila :)

sleepyjim44

Post by sleepyjim44 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 pm

AirStrato wrote:Hi Guys

I got myself second hand WS4. Coming tomorrow.

Cheers

Artur

Where do you get used Deus stuff at?

Jim
Deus 3.2, AT Pro, Gold Bug2, GPP

ray835

Post by ray835 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 pm

iv'e got the ws5 very comfortable .....they even drown the wife out..ahhh peace ::g
xp deus v3.2 ws5 phones..(one mans rubbish is another mans treasure)
optimism is finding a horse shoe then looking for the horse..

dppepperpot

Post by dppepperpot » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi, I need to buy a replacement headband for my deus, I've got the first deus model that came out. Just asking could I buy the newer replacement headband? Or do I have to buy the first version? Not sure if the connections are the same. Many thanks. Hh
deus 3.2
Blisstool v3

lancastrian

Post by lancastrian » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:18 pm

i wish i have wireless headphones i try some ,not good for me i perfect plug in ws headphones

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi guys &girls ,when I get round to buying my dues light I'll be buying the ws4s ,just a thought if I put the control off the headphones onto my wrist do I need another set of headphones .sorrry if I'm being a bit thick .

TownCat

Post by TownCat » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Crocket wrote:Hi guys &girls ,when I get round to buying my dues light I'll be buying the ws4s ,just a thought if I put the control off the headphones onto my wrist do I need another set of headphones .sorrry if I'm being a bit thick .

Yes, and if you haven't got one then you will also have to buy the XP jack output adaptor Regton's sell them.
Strive to be first: to nod, to smile, to compliment, and first to forgive

Crocket

Post by Crocket » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Cheers towncat I will be using Regtons so I can get sorted there, ::g

Jungle

WS5 not charging

Post by Jungle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Bought a pair 2nd hand, marched them with coils OK but the lcd panel indicates they are not charging up. The bars flash as you'd expect when charging but can't get more than the one bar of charge. I considered reflashing although putting programs in will be a pain but instructions say they need to be fully charged before flashing.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

colinj70

Re: WS5 not charging

Post by colinj70 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Jungle wrote:Bought a pair 2nd hand, marched them with coils OK but the lcd panel indicates they are not charging up. The bars flash as you'd expect when charging but can't get more than the one bar of charge. I considered reflashing although putting programs in will be a pain but instructions say they need to be fully charged before flashing.
Could the battery be on its way out? Maybe that's why they were sold second hand. If that's the case then a cheap replacement can be found on the big selling site. Just make sure the model number is the same and it has charge protection built in ::g
Deus, 11" coil, control box, ws4's.
Garrett pro pointer
Homemade S/S digger
Modified Bulldog spade
::g

Jungle

Re: WS5 not charging

Post by Jungle » Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 pm

colinj70 wrote:
Jungle wrote:Bought a pair 2nd hand, marched them with coils OK but the lcd panel indicates they are not charging up. The bars flash as you'd expect when charging but can't get more than the one bar of charge. I considered reflashing although putting programs in will be a pain but instructions say they need to be fully charged before flashing.
Could the battery be on its way out? Maybe that's why they were sold second hand. If that's the case then a cheap replacement can be found on the big selling site. Just make sure the model number is the same and it has charge protection built in ::g
Had to return them to seller for refund. Search resumes for another pair.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 am

Field testing these tomorrow as alternatives to WS5's. http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/sync" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”