XP Deus - Headphones

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Jungle
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Jungle » Thu May 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Jungle wrote:Field testing these tomorrow as alternatives to WS5's. http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/sync" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bingo! Snug fit, need to fit your ears inside the cup for best comfort, had them on for 6 hours, almost same tone as xp just tweaked top frequency couple of notches (been a week since I used Ws4) and excellent sound insulation. Now able to detect close to A road and hear the signals. Buying a second set just in case they become discontinued.


DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Snapman
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Snapman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Deciding what version to buy. Do the WS4 back phones fit OK with glasses worn?

User avatar
liamnolan
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 382 times
Contact:

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by liamnolan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 am

I have no probs with using sunglasses with them. Its been very hot recently and when most full cup headphones would be uncomfortably hot, these have been superb, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

stringerbell
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by stringerbell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to have a second set of wireless headphones with a Deus? I don't have that model of detector at present, but I would like one of the kids to tag along and enjoy the experience on occasion.

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 12201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Danzigman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:44 pm

stringerbell wrote:Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to have a second set of wireless headphones with a Deus? I don't have that model of detector at present, but I would like one of the kids to tag along and enjoy the experience on occasion.
With a 90 degree angled jack you can plug in a second set of headphones to the controle unit. I can´t tell you if both the WS4 and the extras will sound simultaneously.
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 12201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Danzigman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Danzigman wrote:
stringerbell wrote:Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to have a second set of wireless headphones with a Deus? I don't have that model of detector at present, but I would like one of the kids to tag along and enjoy the experience on occasion.
With a 90 degree angled jack you can plug in a second set of headphones to the controle unit. I can´t tell you if both the WS4 and the extras will sound simultaneously.
Ohh Sorry.. wireless.. then you will need the detecnicks ones
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 12201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Danzigman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:48 pm

http://www.detecting101.co.uk/deteknix- ... eadphones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

stringerbell
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by stringerbell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:34 am

Cheers for that, much appreciated.

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 12201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Danzigman » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:40 am

stringerbell wrote:Cheers for that, much appreciated.
Actually It came to mind.. Could a XP deus be parred to sound of in two sets fo headphones.. ???
Running two WS4 on one controle unit.
Maybe some from the "XP knowlegde team" or "regtons" could tell if possible.. The price difference between the Detectnik and WS4 would be around 190 £ more for the WS4..
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Jungle
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Jungle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Danzigman wrote:
stringerbell wrote:Cheers for that, much appreciated.
Actually It came to mind.. Could a XP deus be parred to sound of in two sets fo headphones.. ???
Running two WS4 on one controle unit.
Maybe some from the "XP knowlegde team" or "regtons" could tell if possible.. The price difference between the Detectnik and WS4 would be around 190 £ more for the WS4..
Yes they can. I use this configuration when out my son, helps him feel involved, I hope.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 5029
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2092 times
Been thanked: 1902 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 am

Came across this video. It's a test of sound and comfort in the studio but will be very useful for anyone considering what headphones to get when first buying the Deus or as a replacement/ extra set later.

As well as the WS4 and 5s it includes deteknix, ghost, gray, central sound, Vance headphones and Apple and Samsung buds. It's an April 2017 report.

Hope it's useful...

http://mdgear.com/deus-headphone-shootout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

nowaykidda
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Headphones turning off in mid swing.

Post by nowaykidda » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi all,
Hope this is in the right place and please don't be offended if it isn't.
I have some ws5's with a deus I bought new around 5 weeks ago and the phones have turned themselves off twice now for no apparent reason.
The first time my mate who I was out with said I may have caught the button which I'm sure I didn't and then it happened again on the next outing.
The phones make an unusual short bleep or two then they go off.
The second time it happened I noticed they had been on for just over five hours but thought no more of it.
I just have to take em off and press the on button again and they're fine.
Just wondering if anyone else has come across this happening to their phones at all.
They are fully charged before I take them out and there shouldn't be any reason to switch off..or have I missed something in the manual.
Cheers for any replies
:-/

Wilci
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by Wilci » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:03 pm

It's automatically switched off after 5 hours if you don't push a button in that time.
Deus 11" - HF elliptical
Compass Judge II

nowaykidda
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by nowaykidda » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:44 pm

cheers mate, thanks for you answer. Happy new year to you ::g

principia
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: DEUS - headphones

Post by principia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 am

Danzigman wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 pm
Sorry Guys.. Not know here in DK.. Guess some one DIY will upload a youtube how to.. Im not so hooked on experimenting myself.. - AND in the summer on the beach the one I have is great. Maybe we should suggest XP DEUS to make a second base for the controle to buy as extras... so switch between summer and winter "ears"
Liam.. conventional full headphones.. is that a rebuild/converted or do you refer to a wire earcup
You can buy "third party" headphones for the WS4. e.g. the one from Deteknix :-)
https://www.deteknix.com/product/hd-hea ... ming-soon/
Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
Deteknix X-pointer

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 12201
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: DEUS - headphones

Post by Danzigman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:53 pm

principia wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 am
Danzigman wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 pm
Sorry Guys.. Not know here in DK.. Guess some one DIY will upload a youtube how to.. Im not so hooked on experimenting myself.. - AND in the summer on the beach the one I have is great. Maybe we should suggest XP DEUS to make a second base for the controle to buy as extras... so switch between summer and winter "ears"
Liam.. conventional full headphones.. is that a rebuild/converted or do you refer to a wire earcup
You can buy "third party" headphones for the WS4. e.g. the one from Deteknix :-)
https://www.deteknix.com/product/hd-hea ... ming-soon/
Thanks OooO - it is a 2011 post you stumbled over.. I now have the Chefphones CP6.. ::g
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 7081
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 697 times
Been thanked: 1222 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 am
Came across this video. It's a test of sound and comfort in the studio but will be very useful for anyone considering what headphones to get when first buying the Deus or as a replacement/ extra set later.

As well as the WS4 and 5s it includes deteknix, ghost, gray, central sound, Vance headphones and Apple and Samsung buds. It's an April 2017 report.

Hope it's useful...

http://mdgear.com/deus-headphone-shootout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the heads-up ::g ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

cumbrianswinger
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by cumbrianswinger » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi all,just picked up a pair of ws5 and have paired my coil with them,will the proggrams in my controler automatically work with them or do i need to do something else before i can use them,kind regards Neil

topsy
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by topsy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am

Hello Everyone,

I recently discovered a break in the wire of the cable used to connect the right side to the left side of my WS5 headphones.

Does anyone know what they call this 2 cored black cable, I have managed to re-join it together, but I would like to renew the whole length, in case it developed another break.

Thanks in advance, Topsy ::g

sweepstick47
Moderator
Posts: 7081
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: North Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 697 times
Been thanked: 1222 times

Re: XP Deus - Headphones

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm

A deft bit of soldering (with a suitable sized protective sleeve slid over the severed wire first) should produce a long lasting repair. Not sure about the cost of an original replacement part but think £££s versus 30 mins of your time.

If you don't have the kit, any phone shop should be able to sort it for a small consideration. By the way, Lidl stores are offering a 'soldering station' for a mere £7.00 or so! Good Luck - Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Post Reply

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”