4.1b version now out?

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Jungle

Re: 4.1b version now out?

Post by Jungle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am

Did anyone who was having MI-6 connectivity issues get them resolved with 4.1? Its costing we so much time waiting for the connections to be made I'm considering going back to Garratt.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Fisher1266X

Post by Fisher1266X » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

I found this link to V4.1 http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/DEUS/Up ... 032017.exe

I've not tested it yet but will give it a go tomorrow :D
Image XP Déus V4.1

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Jungle wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am
Did anyone who was having MI-6 connectivity issues get them resolved with 4.1? Its costing we so much time waiting for the connections to be made I'm considering going back to Garratt.
I know there are a few beta testers on here. Hopefully they can answer your question. Personally I've not had a glitch with v4 for months now. Don't know what happened and stopped it happening but it seems to be ok now. Now I've said that though....... :-SS
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Fisher1266X wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm
I found this link to V4.1 http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/DEUS/Up ... 032017.exe

I've not tested it yet but will give it a go tomorrow :D
Thanks, as the remote connects OK it must be the coil or headphone or combination connection or even the pin pointer. Happens with all 4 coils I have. I do have a spare (later) headphone module I will use tomorrow to try an eliminate older headset. My detecting time is limited so I don't really want to go through the combinations to narrow down the issue for XP to resolve. Should have been working from day one, it was late enough after initial announcement.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm
Jungle wrote:
I know there are a few beta testers on here. Hopefully they can answer your question. Personally I've not had a glitch with v4 for months now. Don't know what happened and stopped it happening but it seems to be ok now. Now I've said that though....... :-SS
If not resolved before, OK if I compare set up at the rally next week?

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Jungle wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm
Jungle wrote:
If not resolved before, OK if I compare set up at the rally next week?
Of course - although I suspect mine is no different ::g
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Once upon a time I considered a so-called upgrade to a Deus. This thread confirms its not for me. I prefer to spend my time metaldetecting. :))
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 am

littleboot wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 pm
Once upon a time I considered a so-called upgrade to a Deus. This thread confirms its not for me. I prefer to spend my time metaldetecting. :))
When it works, for me, the pinpointer upgrade is worth every penny.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am

I find it scary. The problem as I see it with hi tech stuff comes at the point where it leaves the tender care of the geeks and lands in the hands of the end-user. In my case, I'd always be in a fog of confusion. Its very interesting reading about all these upgrades and software and stuff....especially thinking back to the old C scopes I had back in the distant past. More than two knobs to turn was a considered hi tech then and if you had a toggle to flip...ooo it was rocket science. :))

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Issue identified, my older headset is less compatible than the later one with the thicker headband.
It worked a dream all day with different coils. Just need XP to come up with a fix for the older module.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 pm

littleboot wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am
I find it scary. The problem as I see it with hi tech stuff comes at the point where it leaves the tender care of the geeks and lands in the hands of the end-user. In my case, I'd always be in a fog of confusion. Its very interesting reading about all these upgrades and software and stuff....especially thinking back to the old C scopes I had back in the distant past. More than two knobs to turn was a considered hi tech then and if you had a toggle to flip...ooo it was rocket science. :))
I do know what you mean. A woman at work ŵas telling me about her new halogen cooker that comes with a remote control and sounds like you'd need a PhD to use the darn thing. I wouldn't want one.
But the deus I find super easy. I've never had a problem with the detector. It's reliable, simple to switch between programmes and the technology is just there in the background. The pinpointer was initially a bit glitchy but works beautifully now. We can't stop the march of progress but we can chose to use it, or not.
So, whilst I completely understand why would want to stay with your current detector, I would hate to think you wouldn't chose a Deus, if you were to have a change, because you incorrectly think they are unreliable because that is very, very far from the truth. :D
XP Deus

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Oh I don't think they are unreliable OG. But I do like to understand what I am using and I don't want to find myself relinquishing that. I'd rather have a really thorough knowledge of something more straightforward. It's taken me a few years to start to master my current machine ....all its quirks and nuances. I do reasonably OK with the GMP as a result. If I change it will because of weight being difficult (I have Rheumatoid arthritis which sometimes means I literally lose my grip. :) )

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:06 am

Sorry to hear that :( . Apologies that I misunderstood what you meant. Understand why you love GMP - great machine from what I've heard ::g
XP Deus

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 am

Not at all OG! Just a fact of life. I love my GMP but I suspect I will have to move to a Deus if My RA gets too bad. I just want it to be about me and my machine though and not about the technology. I suppose I am thinking of computers....and how you get it set up as you want it and it does what you require and then find it either changes without you knowing or the the platform you are using becomes obsolete. lol
As you say, I can take the technology as far as I am comfortable with in this case.

Fisher1266X

Post by Fisher1266X » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

With reference to the last comments, everything moves on in life as we all know, it's entirely up to the individual to either grasp it or ignore it.
We've seen how cars, TV's, cookers, computers, cameras etc etc etc etc etc have all moved on.
I for one said that digital cameras will never replace 35mm colour reversal film (slides) but now I'm eating my words.

When changing the Fisher I had the option to buy any machine available and the GMP and Déus were the only two contenders. A little sceptical of the Déus at first but that was soon replaced by enthusiasm as I could see the huge benefits from all angles.
The first outings were more than enough to justify the superb capabilities of the Déus!
The rest, as seen by our recoveries, is history (no pun intended).

Everything new can have glitches and the more complex an object the more so.

It's the same with landowners/farmers, one in particular said "don't bother emailing, I don't do emails and texts". Others haven't moved over to satellite controlled equipment yet one is considering a drone to check on crops, the land and scare birds at the same time!

I'm going to be installing V4.1 shortly, OMG... I hope I don't have to eat my words again =)) =))

Paul
Image XP Déus V4.1

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”