What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Post Reply
User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 11971
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 66 times

What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Danzigman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi.. Any old post here - or info to be given - about the difference between old (first ones) 9" Coils, and the next 9" ones there came out. Did they change the battery or ??
Thank you in advance.
HH - John.
XP DEUS. GPP + AT. GARMIN etrex 20. CS 1220 XD.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

User avatar
Fisher1266X
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Sunny Lancashire
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Contact:

Re: What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Fisher1266X » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi John, I take it you mean the new High Frequency 9" coil?
The battery has a larger capacity and the charge lasts longer than the original coil.
Also, the battery is located in the stem so changing the battery in 5 years' time shouldn't be a problem ::g
Image

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 11971
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Danzigman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Fisher1266X wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi John, I take it you mean the new High Frequency 9" coil?
The battery has a larger capacity and the charge lasts longer than the original coil.
Also, the battery is located in the stem so changing the battery in 5 years' time shouldn't be a problem ::g
No I actually mean the very first ones made. And the next lot out..
XP DEUS. GPP + AT. GARMIN etrex 20. CS 1220 XD.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

User avatar
Fisher1266X
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Sunny Lancashire
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Contact:

Re: What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Fisher1266X » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Danzigman wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 pm
Fisher1266X wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi John, I take it you mean the new High Frequency 9" coil?
The battery has a larger capacity and the charge lasts longer than the original coil.
Also, the battery is located in the stem so changing the battery in 5 years' time shouldn't be a problem ::g
No I actually mean the very first ones made. And the next lot out..
Ahhh.. right..... not sure ;)
Image

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

Doug
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Doug » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Slightly lighter (?) and the C of G moved back to aid balance, this is why there is a choice of two replacement coil covers for the 9 inch.

User avatar
Danzigman
Posts: 11971
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 am
Location: Denmark - island of Fyn (Funen)
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: What is the difference 9" Coils Old VS New.

Post by Danzigman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Doug wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 pm
Slightly lighter (?) and the C of G moved back to aid balance, this is why there is a choice of two replacement coil covers for the 9 inch.
C of G.. Center of gravity.. ?? Ohh I was thinking they chaged the battery form first lot to second lot.. So no problem in updating or battery changing
XP DEUS. GPP + AT. GARMIN etrex 20. CS 1220 XD.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Post Reply

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bsabill, Kefyn and 10 guests