What's the most stable V4.*** sortware at the moment?

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
Bambamsdadda

What's the most stable V4.*** sortware at the moment?

Post by Bambamsdadda » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm

My machine will be arriving tomorrow and the first thing I want to do is update it to the best sortware available an I need V4 because I have the MI-6 coming too.

So I have heard there has been some bug fixes from the original V4 software so was wondering what people have been using without issue??
Makro racer
Nokta pointer

XP Deus, 9" coil, remote with WS4
MI-6 pin pointer
Evolution shovel and hand trowel

JBM

Re: What's the most stable V4.*** sortware at the moment?

Post by JBM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

BETA 2 seems OK.

There are a few folks using it

Should be out officially very soon. ::g

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:36 pm

V4 is very stable. Not sure where you'd heard it wasn't ?
GMP (programme 2)is a standard most deus uses go to first. Certainly on pasture and sites with low iron infestation. And a great 'get to know your detector' programme. It gets deep signals and good signals are strong and loud.
Fast (programme 3)is great for Roman sites to winkle out good finds amongst the inevitable iron nails. It has good iron discrimination and super fast recovery between signals.
Hot is a lovely programme that makes you go slow. It's full tones so you need to really concentrate but it picks up the tiniest things and is really great to use.
I've not used Deep but others report it does offer further depth and good for spotting small finds.

Really your choice of programme depends on your previous experience and your permissions. I'd start and stick with GMP for a while (I did about 30 hours on it before I tried anything else but I'm a novice detectorist).

Enjoy the detector and the Mi6 - they are both brilliant ::g
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Tomo

Post by Tomo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Beta 2 working fine here
Xp deus

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Bambamsdadda wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:56 pm
My machine will be arriving tomorrow and the first thing I want to do is update it to the best sortware available an I need V4 because I have the MI-6 coming too.

So I have heard there has been some bug fixes from the original V4 software so was wondering what people have been using without issue??
Your machine should come loaded with V4 if you have bought it new. I agree with previous comment stick with Prog 2 for a few hunts, you do not need to fiddle with it to achieve great performance. Even Gary from XP has said that the preset programmes can be the best option on some land so it always depends on sites and GMP is a great all rounder.

When your ready to experiment, watch the XP videos about reactivity. The Deus automatically changes the reactivity speed for different programmes, because they are all options for different site conditions, but you need to correlate your swing speed to get the best sound on the signals. Gary explains it well on the video.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Tomo wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Beta 2 working fine here
Is beta 2 and version 4.1 the same? It's taking a long time for an official 4.x release to improve the connectivity issue with pinpointer.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Fisher1266X

Post by Fisher1266X » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 pm

Jungle wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 pm
Tomo wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Beta 2 working fine here
Is beta 2 and version 4.1 the same? It's taking a long time for an official 4.x release to improve the connectivity issue with pinpointer.
That's what I thought, it looks to be exactly the same beta version :D ;)
Image XP Déus V4.1

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
http://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

JBM

Post by JBM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:48 pm

4.1 and the original BETA is not the same as BETA2.

I would imagine that BETA 2 will be the final release any day now as Gary and other users are pleased with it.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Bambamsdadda

Post by Bambamsdadda » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:42 am

Cheers for the input folks.
I been watching "Gary's" videos for a while now and trying to learn the basics. I've just spent around a year with a makro racer, it's a fantastic machine that I've had some great finds with. Towards the end of my time with it I turned off the discrimination so I could hear all the iron, (on my permission that's A LOT!) to sort of train my ear ready for "winkling" out signals on the deus.
Is GMP Gary's program?
Makro racer
Nokta pointer

MI-6 pin pointer

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am

Bambamsdadda wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:42 am
Cheers for the input folks.
I been watching "Gary's" videos for a while now and trying to learn the basics. I've just spent around a year with a makro racer, it's a fantastic machine that I've had some great finds with. Towards the end of my time with it I turned off the discrimination so I could hear all the iron, (on my permission that's A LOT!) to sort of train my ear ready for "winkling" out signals on the deus.
Is GMP Gary's program?
No, but Hot is Gary's programme that was so popular they made it official :D

GMP stands for gold max power which is a classic detector that is still very well loved. It's a really good machine. This is the deus version of that machine's special abilities. It must be a good machine as this programme is superb ::g
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 am

Yesterday in the Perthshire fields I was mainly using V4 "deep". It is my favourite program and seems to winkle out small finds from considerable depth. I was also on occasion using "hot" but for me it is a program you really have to concentrate on, as mentioned above. Having said that it did work yesterday, finding a nice wee military badge at about 7".

My issue with V4 is still that the headphones (backphones) always turn off after 5 hours use. I never had that with previous software versions. Yesterday they even turned off at the same time as giving a good signal. Nigel said all previous versions were designed to do this (I did not know that) and I am sure he is correct. However I think he assumed I was leaving my machine aside for 5 hours then complaining about the backphones switching off. I agree that is a good idea in the interests of battery management but they should not be switching off when using the detector and getting a signal every few seconds. Apart from that, great !

Nigel at regtons

Post by Nigel at regtons » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm

The battery saver kicks in if you don't press any buttons, electronics can't discriminate between a machine picking up targets & being joggled around in the boot of a car so they have to go by human intervention ie pressing any button.

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Nigel, sounds a bit like a TV remote. It doesn't know your watching the TV and attempts to go into standby.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

MarkSussex

Post by MarkSussex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

I think If anyone is recommending Beta 1 and Beta 2 then they should at least mention that If anything happens to your remote when using it, your warranty is null and void ?
Check out my youtube channel

XP Deus Detecting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS-zm ... Pow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 pm

MarkSussex wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm
I think If anyone is recommending Beta 1 and Beta 2 then they should at least mention that If anything happens to your remote when using it, your warranty is null and void ?
Hence my reluctance to go with anything other than official release.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 am

Nigel at regtons wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm
The battery saver kicks in if you don't press any buttons, electronics can't discriminate between a machine picking up targets & being joggled around in the boot of a car so they have to go by human intervention ie pressing any button.
I can relate to that now. In the early days my Deus once switched off. But now I make regular adjustments to suit conditions and it has never happened again in V4. ::g
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

Bambamsdadda

Post by Bambamsdadda » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:50 am

In my excitement I went straight out with it last night in v3.2. I have a lot to learn!!!
Last night I updated all the kit and paired the MI-6 pointer. Can't wait to get out tonight for an hour or so.
Makro racer
Nokta pointer

MI-6 pin pointer

Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks Nigel for your reply. I can only reiterate that this never happened with any of my previous software versions and also that I had been pressing buttons all day long.

For example, pin pointing, changing from deep to hot and GMP. Also changing from manual to tracking GB. It may well be down to me as I am not at my best when downloading software over the internet. I should probably bite the bullet and get my wife or one of my kids to supervise what I am doing during a download then uninstall and try again.

JBM

Post by JBM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Jungle wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 pm
MarkSussex wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm
Hence my reluctance to go with anything other than official release.
If you go to Garys detecting you will see his mail and invite to try these settings.

In the last 8 years using a Deus I have never known Alain to let down his team professional or amateur.

It makes good sense to let his customers have an input.

I dont think that you will have long to wait now.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

targets

Post by targets » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 pm

saw a mention on another forum about V4 using up more power.. so what is exactly is the power consumption of the various versions ??if indeed it is using up more power as stated
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”