Remote Control Volume

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
minime9210

Remote Control Volume

Post by minime9210 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Good afternoon all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but here goes. I thought I would buy a set of in ear headphones on the recommendation of Smoke and Kippers on Youtube. He reckons that by using these you can pick up much fainter signals than using WS5s which I use.
I was careful to pick a set with a volume control and when they came this morning I tried them out.

I still have earache now!

The upshot is that the volume control of the headphones will not lower the volume of the remote. Is this right? They work on my phone OK and everything else that I have plugged them into just not the Deus remote.

Xp have provided the jackplug socket for headphones but whats the point if you cannot adjust the volume? I also reckon that it is a bit dangerous as my ears are really hurting and hopefully they are not damaged.

Anyone else come across this?

John

john Colin

Re: Remote Control Volume

Post by john Colin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Roberts

Post by Roberts » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Xp have a volume control cable for sale but not sure if it is what you are looking for.

Xp volume control cable

If not would it not be easier to lower the volume on the remote even if the voume on the cable does not work. :D

Someone will probably post with a better fix hope this can start to help, good luck. ::g
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

minime9210

Post by minime9210 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Many thanks for your help and replies.

I have just emailed XP to say that I find it unbelievable that they can risk peoples hearing by providing an audio output that cannot be controlled by the device. I tried the phones over an hour ago and my ears are really hurting still. I just kept trying for five minutes or so as I thought I would be able to lower the shrieking tones by which time it was too late.

I am very disappointed with XP

Thanks
John

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm

I use both the WS5 headphones as well as the 'Sennheiser' ones that was suggested in the video and article and never had any problems with audio volume,just use the sliding volume switch that comes with the headphones and adjust to your hearing requirements.

Not sure what the problem could be,but the volume control does work for me on my headphones :;@

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

minime9210 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:50 pm

I have just emailed XP to say that I find it unbelievable that they can risk peoples hearing by providing an audio output that cannot be controlled by the device. I tried the phones over an hour ago and my ears are really hurting still. I just kept trying for five minutes or so as I thought I would be able to lower the shrieking tones by which time it was too late.

Thanks
John
They will possibly point you to what it says on the packaging of the earphone you purchased, possibly something like "Having the volume to loud will damage your hearing"

If they are to loud and are not Deus supplied don't use them unless you can control the volume

The WS4 module when using any plug in earphones are volume adjusted from the module.

The WS5 headphones are volume adjustable

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

Mancave-man

Post by Mancave-man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Have to agree with Mega B, I have not had any problems with volume on my remote or Sennheiser ear buds.

minime9210

Post by minime9210 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks All,

I now know what I did wrong.

I purchased a set of earphones with a digital volume control not an analogue one.

It would have been good if the manual had stated that digital volume controls did not work!

John

Kefyn

Post by Kefyn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm

I have a set of the xp plug in back phones( the blue and silver ones) and volume works fine on my control box!?!
I bought them as a back up to my ws4's and find the sound quality just as good πŸ‘

JBM

Post by JBM » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Kefyn wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm
I have a set of the xp plug in back phones( the blue and silver ones) and volume works fine on my control box!?!
I bought them as a back up to my ws4's and find the sound quality just as good πŸ‘

You are so right. Β£11.95 from Regton Ref Number 3FX02.

I carry a pair in case of emergency.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:09 am

Kefyn wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm
It will be, they have the exact same speakers as the WS4's. :D
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & Garrett Carrot. %)=
White's TDI SL

MarkSussex

Post by MarkSussex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks
John
The responsibility is yours, not theirs. :D
Check out my youtube channel

XP Deus Detecting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS-zm ... Pow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello 'minime' 9210, As suggested already, the XP lightweight Blue/silver 'back-phones' have the in-line wheel volume control and the audio response is 'clarity perfection' - well I think so anyway!

Good Luck and you are absolutely right to consider the future integrity of your hearing ::g
Regards ss47 - wearer of two hearing aids!
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

minime9210

Post by minime9210 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 pm

MarkSussex wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks
John
The responsibility is yours, not theirs. :D
In the manual it states that you can plug your own headphones into the jackplug socket on the bottom of the remote. Nowhere in the manual does it say that the volume is at maximum coming out of that socket and that you must use an analogue but not digital volume control. I understand that we are responsible for our own health and safety but a small warning would have been good

Return to β€œXP DEUS Forum”