dfx programs

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
rockyroad

dfx programs

Post by rockyroad » Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 pm

hi guys, I just got myself a mint dfx e series I'm planning on trying out the pre set programs first so that I can get to know it but would like to know if there is somewhere to fine other dfx owners settings
I read somewhere of a relic pro setting ? that was good for our soil?
any help would be great
thanks
craig

Easylife

Re: dfx programs

Post by Easylife » Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 pm

There are lots of different programs if you google, just not all in the same place. The preset programs are a bit detuned, increasing the PAG and AC gains will give you more depth but too much and it will become unstable. Single frequency of 15khz works well in the UK. A good book which explains all of the many settings is "Understanding White's DFX" by Jimmy "Sierra".
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6. %)=
White's TDI SL
White's DFX
White's Classic III SL

stillair1

Post by stillair1 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi I'll pm you some later tonight, battling a shower replacement first, and I'll be dead meat if someone has to have a cold shower again tonught :D
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
XPointer

Danno

Post by Danno » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm

I used to run a reverse discrimination program, accept all iron and discriminate out all good targets. You have to set the tones properly, then run it in mixed mode.

You will get a low grunt on iron and high tone on good targets, as you are using all metal to detect good targets you will get better depth and pull stuff from in between the iron.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm

The dfx didn’t gel for me, think I had maybe 20 hammered with it, where as the xlt found me hundreds .
Very best of luck with it though ::g

Danno

Post by Danno » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Ghost wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm
The dfx didn’t gel for me, think I had maybe 20 hammered with it, where as the xlt found me hundreds .
Very best of luck with it though ::g

Technically @ 15khz the DFX should be better than a 6.6khz machine, DFX is very easy to set wrong though, plus only very average out of the box

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:27 am

Danno wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 pm
The DFX is very easy to set wrong though, plus only very average out of the box.
I found the standard programs to be rather dumbed down, but once optimised to suit your ground it's really quite a different machine. The multiple settings can be quite a learning curve but all good knowledge. ::g
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6. %)=
White's TDI SL
White's DFX
White's Classic III SL

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:26 am

Yeah I remember setting the accept/reject :D , was a mission
Think the problem I had was I’d sold the xlt for the dfx, hoping it would be even better for me running it in best data , it just wasn’t for me .
Sold it and bought another couple machines , the mxt and I forget what next but nothing was as productive as my old xlt .
This is a year later and I contacted the buyer of my xlt and bought it back, and the hammereds came back .
I’m certain the dfx will do you well ::g

I’ve still got the xlt in a cupboard, I’d never sell it again
I keep meaning to buy a new battery pack for it as the one it has dies after an hour

Return to “Whites Forum”