Question for MXT users

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
John8

Question for MXT users

Post by John8 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm

I know this is a general question and will vary from place to place, but what are your ground readings in the UK mainly plowed fields in areas south of London? I know when I detected in California in gold country the ground could go from the 30's to 80's in a matter of few meters. Thanks in advance for your input. John

Whites MXT, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher 1280X aquanaut

John8

Re: Question for MXT users

Post by John8 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Maybe I should I ask this question in a different way. Is the ground considered to be mineralized, neutral or alkaline in England? Thanks for any help.

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 pm

i use a MXT and you should find it works well, as for the soil it changes here from site to site,
where are you going? maybe you could ask for local info on that area.
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

baz1sue2

Post by baz1sue2 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Do you mean "ploughed fields" old boy

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 am

John8 wrote:I know this is a general question and will vary from place to place, but what are your ground readings in the UK mainly plowed fields in areas south of London? I know when I detected in California in gold country the ground could go from the 30's to 80's in a matter of few meters. Thanks in advance for your input. John
Hi
You shouldnt have a problem over here with your whites machine, Although are soils in general are proberly the most heavely mineralized soils in the world, and dont just vary from up north to down south or east to west of great britain but actuall every so many hundred yards in certain circumstances due to the thousands of years of history we have here from before and well after the iron age, so you can imagine the iron content in it.
But going back to your MXT if it works like the 1V which is below the spec of yours and the DFX which is way above yours, they handle the soils quite well .
Far as settings on your MXT theres nothing much you would need to do apart from maybe droping the sence down a tad, because there very much a switch on and go machine like the 1V.
Hope ive helped you a little, we all try and do are bit on here, theres some brilliant people on here with doing ID of finds etc, then theres people like me thats good with advise on certain machines, ground types etc B-) .
All the best
Dave

John8

Post by John8 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for all the information, that does help me out on deciding which coils will be useful. I don't know what kind of hunting I will do once I move to England, as I am not sure where and where you are not allowed to hunt, so maybe I will have to join a local metal detecting club. Any recommendations would be helpful as I am thinking about moving to the Horsham area.

Return to “Whites Forum”