Replacement for a Coinmaster 6/DB

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
trentono

Replacement for a Coinmaster 6/DB

Post by trentono » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi,

I moved back to the countryside last year. Having a bit more time on my hand now, I asked a local farmer if it would be ok to detect on his land and he said yes. I've been out with my Coinmaster 6/DB a couple of times and found a post war florin and a couple of what I think are George III half pennys (both in the same hole, both very worn).

I have found the 6/DB very heavy, and has a few faults now. So I need a replacement. I guess things have moved on a lot. I don't have a huge budget. I was thinking of a Whites Coinmaster ?

Does

sweepstick47

Re: Replacement for a Coinmaster 6/DB

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello trentono ::g Welcome aboard the forum. The Whites CM6/DB was a good machine in it's day (1980's) but as you say, things have moved on. My personal advice would be to visit your nearest reputable dealer for a chat regarding the machines which meet both your requirements and budget.

Detectors these days do have the GEB (Ground Excluding Balance) feature but in all cases they're much more effective than they once were and can be manual or automatically set (tracking) so simplifying the task.

A good dealer, apart from giving sound advice, will also hold a selection of second hand detectors which usually carry a 3 month guarantee for your peace of mind. I would warn against buying from 'that auction' as it is always a risk!

You may like to check out the forum shop if you're considering a new machine, where forum members are exclusively given a discount ::g or we have a 'Buy/Sell and Wanted section over there l;/ under 'General Chat And Sell', its well worth a browse. The 'MDF Shop' is located directly below the General Chat and Sell forum.

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us on the forums. ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

erm1969

Re: Replacement for a Coinmaster 6/DB

Post by erm1969 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum. If you are keen to stick with Whites, then I can thoroughly recommend the M6. You can pick up a decent used one for under £200, and it should find more of the nice stuff than a Coinmaster would. Have a look at the Whites videos on Youtube and see what you think.

Return to “Whites Forum”