Whites Eagle Spectrum

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
davebristol

Whites Eagle Spectrum

Post by davebristol » Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Any help please,havent use Whites Eagle Spectrum for 10 years,neither the batteries.
Ive just charged them up and they appear ok,but now getting erratic problems like==
Nothing comes on screen at all,also,sometimes a lot of mumbo jumbo [like chinese writing comes up and flashes]
But when tried again its ok again,any ideas please,Dave.

davebristol

Re: Whites Eagle Spectrum

Post by davebristol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks jeffers for information,everything taken on board,Dave

satdaveuk

Re: Whites Eagle Spectrum

Post by satdaveuk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi
Theres a very good chance that some of the capacitors have within the contol box assembly need replacing, its not uncommon with any electrical equipment thats been standing unused for that period of time.
The capacitors them selfs go leaky after a period of time if not been regulary charged, the fact you have now switched it on could well may of damaged other components.
Using hind site if you had stept the voltage from low to full working voltage over 2-3 hours when you first turned it on you my have got away with it .

I only know this because im a time served radio/tv engineer, and i used to collect old radios that hadnt been used for years, if customers had tryed them before i had them, thats when the damage was done.
If your interested in selling it for spares let me know, [email protected]
Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Whites Forum”