Whites Prizm 1v Metal Detector

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
satdaveuk

Whites Prizm 1v Metal Detector

Post by satdaveuk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:38 am

Hi everyone
I recently came back into metal detecting, and bought myself a whites Prizm 1v which seems to have a good spec for the money
Im getting better with it now, im learning how it ticks, the build is good, i throw it in the back of my van every morning before work, then later when ive done my jobs im off detecting, either woodland or maybe customers garden, even done grass verges, rain or shine, it doesnt worry me,
Like all of you i use the disc and gain settings depending what the land is like.
Up to now i have only found des and pre des coins, shot, and alot of junk.
The only thing that bugs me with this machine, if there is a old saucepan or paint tin, etc, say 1-2ft down, it reads similar if not the same as some coins, even when i have dug close to the item.
Iron rejects perfect like almost all machines these days.

Any thoughts or advise on these machines i would be greatful
Many thanks

Kmarsh

Re: prizm 1v

Post by Kmarsh » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:49 am

Reckon most will do that satdave, just the same as they do the drinks cans... (:|
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Things dont seem to have changed that much in the last 30 years , I do like the visual display on my v1, i stoped using the multisounds part of the machine, after 30 mins it really gets on my nerves and gives me head akes.
In general though i quite like the machine, its handy for 3-4 hours here and there, i may upgrade at somepoint for a bit more depth, if theres a machine out there that takes my fancy, but i will always keep the prizm.
Id like to here from anyone else who has owned or still uses this range of detectors, because its all a learning game, As they say, everyday is a schoolday, i want to keep learning and get the full benefit out of it

Regards

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

There is a 0.00001% chance that a can signal will be a roman brooch or something good. As I have now dug up 99,999 cans, I am due for something good next time out surely? Liam
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Tin Nugget

Post by Tin Nugget » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 am

I don't believe anyone makes a more dependable, quality built machine than Whites.

satdaveuk

Re: Whites Prizm 1v Metal Detector

Post by satdaveuk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi
I just got hold of a quite cheap quattro recently, because i feel i need more depth, but i will still keep my whites proberly forever, there so dependable and accurate, another thing i like about it, is the fact its so light, even my 6 year old daughter can swing it, although she does tend to do it in the air lol.
And batterys i cant remember the last time i charged them, must have been late august and i use it at least 2-3 times aweek for 3-4hrs a time.

Hope all is well
Regards
Dave

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Update
I have been using my Quattro, on ploughed land over the last few weeks, proberly 80hrs, the field is full of iron, its a no go, As i have previously stated, these machines are very good, on pasture land, but they just cannot handle heavy iron content.
So if it rains tomorow, and i cant work, i shall go back out with my Whites 1V and let you know how i get on, although its not got the depth as my Minelab, its disc and responce time is second to none, so it will be a interesting day.
My follow ups are between here and Minelabs Quattro as i own both machines

Regards
Dave

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

What size coil does your quattro have sat?
Maybe a smaller coil and lower sensitivity is in order for your field......
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:25 am

Blackadder43 wrote:What size coil does your quattro have sat?
Maybe a smaller coil and lower sensitivity is in order for your field......
I am using the 12inch coil that comes with the machine, I wish i could just be able to try a smaller coil, it could do the trick, do you recon its worth me buying one ?
I must say since my last post ive been using mainly sence 15 on all metals, and it does make a very noticeable difference, oviously im loosing depth, but so what.
On pasture land, further up the farm, i can use 20 which is full up, no problem, All im hoping now is i could find something really old, for not just my sake, but the farmers as well, all im getting over the last couple of months is, old buttons, shot of course, and one which i think maybe is a trading token, a few george coins, buckels, bages off farm equipment, door knobs, etc, plus lots of bits of metal, all seems to be around late 1800, But im determined to find something of value there.
I was hoping to stimulate more feedback on both my machines to get some practical tips from other users.
Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Whites Forum”