whites tdi sl

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
relic runner

whites tdi sl

Post by relic runner » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi to all, just a quick shout out. I've got on order a whites tdi sl and an evolution sand scoop. from Crawford,s so hope to be receiving by friday 5th August. So if wheather ok will be hitting the beaches, that's if i can get my head around it. But it's gonna be fun trying. Will let you no how i get on :D .

ninja nige

Re: whites tdi sl

Post by ninja nige » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:18 pm

good luck, thats a beast of a machine if you master it.
nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

pistolpete

Post by pistolpete » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:22 pm

can you tell me how you got on with the tdi please, I'm thinking about buying one for the wet beach over here thanks.

relic runner

Post by relic runner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi, ive had a couple of trips out now wih the whites tdi sl, and i think im starting to get my head around it .The first trip wasbit of a noodle scratcher. but after a few hour started to figure it out a bit, and now im starting to understand what finds sound like. The ground ballance can be a bit of a thing. but ithink thats me, i keep thinking because im on wet sand it must need the ground ballance turning up. But most of the time it can run with the ground ballance turned off or set at very low numbers. The only thing is with using the tdi sl is be prepared to be digging some very deep holes, I've had a pulse machine before a whites surfmaster pl. but that really isn't in the same league as this. The battery has lasted very well, and after about 3.5 to 4hrs of moving the beach from one place to another your glad to stop for abreak. On the hole im very pleased with the whites tdi sl and look very forward to when i can get time to dig the wet stuff again.(happy hunting). ::g

pistolpete

Post by pistolpete » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Just bought a tdi sl and compared signals with my mates surf pi, I must be doing something wrong cos I'm not picking up his targets half the Time.iv been turning the machine on, turning the gain up about halfway but when I try to ground balance it doesn't seem to make much difference on the wet Sand, pulse delays set at 15 threshold I try and keep sos it just coming through, but even if I stick the gain right up I can't seem to get those deep targets bobs pi gets. Any ideas please.

Pete G

Post by Pete G » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi Pete just wondering do you really need to use the ground balance on the TDI , have you tried it with the ground balance off in straight PI mode you will get more depth with ground balance off , and with it on as far as I can remember some targets can fall exactly on the ground balance point either side and will ignore the target . do you run the TDI after G balancing in All or do you switch in to high or low conductivity. Personally I would never use the ground balance and would only ever search in All and GB off and would never use the high or low switch. maybe raise the pulse delay slightly in bad conditions,The TDI should way out perform all the P.Is in its price range, it is not far off my Deepstar in depth with the standard coil fitted. ::g
Deepstar P.I x3
Xp Deus
Sovereign GT
Fisher F75 SE

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:07 pm

I use a TDI Pro,only ever run it straight PI mode,everyday coil i use the Coiltek 14x9 Mono or extra deep work the Minelab 15x12 Commander coil and even a 20'' Sierra Grande Mono which is phenomenally deep.

Mainly use the big coils on pasture sites,cannot recall the last time i used target co9nductivity or GB,they no longer sell the Pro version but i bought possibly the last one in the country that was specially shipped over by Whites as a special order and a spare battery pack as well.

In the 'sl' version you can use the Higher capacity RNB battery packs that will last longer than the Whites battery packs.

bobhope

Post by bobhope » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:55 pm

some good information there, thank you, you will get the hang of it soon Pete, can not wait for the rematch.

bob.
Beach Relic Hunter, located in the Northeast of England.
Minelab CTX3030, Whites dual field PI, Garrett Pro-pointer, JR sand scoop and lots of digging tools.

Pete G

Post by Pete G » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Just to add Pete I think that the TDI was designed mainly for the US market and the GB and the high and low switch would be uesd for bad inland ground conditions when nugget hunting and the likes
I think on the beaches in the UK you would be OK in straight P I.
Deepstar P.I x3
Xp Deus
Sovereign GT
Fisher F75 SE

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:47 pm

I got a spare custom coil for sale if anyone is interested

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few
Tools of the trade as of 2019: Lobos/Tejon/Silver sabre/GMP/Deus/1266X/F75DST/Xterra 705/ctx 3030/Goldscan g5c/Goldbug pro

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 am

Apparently the TDI SL is unusual, in that it gives greater depth if the ground balance is on rather than when it is off, even if GB is at minumum setting.

Return to “Whites Forum”