Buying New Metal Detector

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
jhill

Buying New Metal Detector

Post by jhill » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi
What is the new Deus like is it simple or difficult to use, I am thinking of buying one and would like to know what you think of it.
I am considering Deus / ETrac/Whites DFX. and do not know what to choose
HELP
Johnt

mrix
Founder

Re: Buying new Detector

Post by mrix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:30 pm

We just had a member buy a new Deus but I am not sure how he is getting along with it :-/
Hopefully he may post a review for you if he notices this topic B-)
Welcome by the way :)
Cheers
mrix

rustynail

Post by rustynail » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 pm

My opinion regarding the latest thing in detectors, the XP Deus, is that it’s not only a very expensive piece of kit, but it enables its user to locate ring-pulls, pop cans and other tiny pieces of scrap metal that much quicker. I am not impressed! Of course, I’m only going by what I’ve seen on YouTube so far. I believe that my Ace 250 could out perform the Deus any day of the week. :))
Will I? Won't I? What kind of silly question is that?

Garrett Ace 250

PaulR

Post by PaulR » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Hope you put your name down on a waiting list because most people have to wait till september for the next batch of Deus,s. :(
The few i know that have them are making some pretty good finds on sites they have gone over a lot with different machines.
On the down side you have to send the coil away when the battery no longer charges up, this is what is putting me off. :-/
Will this be your first machine? What have you had before?

satdaveuk

Post by satdaveuk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

If you want to play safe your proberly better off leaving the new models alone, Let other people spend the money, for the time being .
One of the best judges of a machines popularity is how many you see for sale second hand.
Theres a old saying, You never part with the golden goose, ie: if its a good machine why sell it.
Upgrade yes we all do that, but we normally keep the original .
Its interesting acually because there must have been thousands of garret 250 machines sold, but if you notice theres very few second hand ones about, and the ones you do see, get very good money, so that is a good pointer that they are proberly a good machine.
I myself have a whites v1 prizm, it took some learning, but i like almost everything about it, so when i upgrade to a more advanced machine, i will certainly not sell this one.

Regards

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 pm

satdaveuk wrote:If you want to play safe your proberly better off leaving the new models alone, Its interesting acually because there must have been thousands of garret 250 machines sold, but if you notice theres very few second hand ones about, and the ones you do see, get very good money, so that is a good pointer that they are proberly a good machine.

Regards
With all due respects the Ace allthough a great entry level machine could not be described as in the same class as the Deus. I attend a lot of rallys and club digs and you see very few Aces so my way of thinking (I have actually done this myself) is you start with an Ace but rather than sell it when upgrading you keep it as a back up (hence the few for resale) or hand it down to sons, daughters or gkids. This would also lessen the hardship of having to wait for your Deus to be returned from battery renewal.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

satdaveuk

Re: Buying New Metal Detector

Post by satdaveuk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:43 am

Paul
I was just giving my opinion to, J Hill regarding buying a machine thats just come out, The subject was not about comparing a 250 to top of the range machines, you oviously didnt read my message correctly.
What i was saying is i personally wouldnt buy a machine thats just been released purley because they havent been through are field tests ie a good hammering for 6 months, You mention the Deus, well already some forums are complaining that at some point the end user needs to send it back to the manufactures for a new battery, now that for starters has got to be a down fall, i wonder how many of your detectorist friends new that when they bought them?, or new that when they first came out, because i certainly didnt.
The Etrac and the Dfx range are proven machines been out for ages, you know what your getting, and bugs/mods have been fixed/done.
But after all this is only my opinion, and after 35 years of detecting , its got to be worth something.
Kind regards
Hope all is well
Dave

Irish jay

Post by Irish jay » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:29 am

If you are thinking about getting an e trac or dfx, why not think about the v3i? It has to be one of the best machines on the market?

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 am

The Etrac and the Dfx range are proven machines been out for ages, you know what your getting, and bugs/mods have been fixed/done.
Totally agree on that comment.
I enjoy online gaming and when a new game is released the manufacturers have no idea how the game will work on every single users specification of PC, to test anything correctly it has to go out to the wider audience and in this case people who will be using the new machine in every possible situation.
Its only then you will know of any possible bugs / problems if any.
The longer a machine is out on the market and has far more people using it and rating it the better :)
Cheers
mrix

Kmarsh

Post by Kmarsh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 pm

I think Dave and mrix have it right.......my opinion only. :)

My other opinion is and its been said before......mrix you need to go out more....... :) :)
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro.
Makro Racer.
Minelab Excalibur.

Return to “Whites Forum”