new to xp

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
greyhound

new to xp

Post by greyhound » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm

iv recently purchased a gmaxx and am trying to get to grips with it. I do find it difficult to distinguish between the various tones and tend to dig everything with exception to tones with abuzz at the end. Having previously owned a garrett where there is a visible screen and easily definable tones and have found it very different. Any tips would be welcomed.

Oldest Swinger

Re: new to xp

Post by Oldest Swinger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm

To start with have it in dual tone not multi, the only difference you need between tones at this stage is the difference between ferous and none ferous. Only dig the good tones that are good two way tones and repeatable. Try backing off with the coil and if you get to the stage where the tone chages to a buz dont dig. Most important purchase a copy of Back to Basics by Roger the Relic the only video you should ever need and guarenteed to turn any inexperienced XP user who cares to lissten into a much more productive detectorist.

Paul
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

james r

Post by james r » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:23 pm

hi, greyhound, you have a good machine their, i am running my settings at :-silence at "0",
iron threshold:-"10", sens - 3. 0 clock, ground 12.0 clock & iron volume off thats on red triangle, because of all iron in the fields, all my land is pasture, how about you.

bill p

Post by bill p » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

HI greyhound , having already owned the gmp for 2 years before i bought the g maxx i had a bit of a headstart when i bought it but the settings that the guys have given you seem spot on but one bit of advice i think is missing and in my view the most important for the gmp or gmaxx is the importance of circling the target or coming in from different angles . this personly gives me the biggest clue as to whats under the coil . some targets will give you a cracking repeat signal time and again untill you come in from another angle then when you hear that slight buzz on the end of the signal its time to walk away . Takes some mastering but i would,nt get rid of either machine now for all the tea in china . hope this helps mate

greyhound

Post by greyhound » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm

thanks folks for the very welcomed advice all helps. Cheers.

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm

what an intriguing name ( greyhound ) ?
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Return to “XP GMAXX Forum”