Adventis 2

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
loony tunes

Adventis 2

Post by loony tunes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

hi all, have (hopefully) up-graded, I am used to using my Minelab 305 and love it but was offered an XP Adventis 2 for very little money so I couldn't refuse ::g , I am used to having a digital readout giving me a hint of what might be but the Adventis does not have this facility so a little worried that I am going to miss some thing rl; I have read the instruction booklet but can any one give me some advice / hints / tips on how to use it (settings), I will be using wired headphones not wireless.

and is it really an up-grade or have I just bought an expensive door stop? sw;

Thanks Tony

Mummy can I lick the bowl please? No flush it like every one else.

Minelab E-Trac
Minelab X-Terra 305, with a 10.5 DD 7.5khz

Finally got my first hammered coin.

Sheddy

Re: Adventis 2

Post by Sheddy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 am

Its a long time since I used an Adventis and I've never used the Mk2 so I won't comment on settings. I do remember it being a deep and accurate machine though, once you get used to the iron tones you'll love it. I remember the performance be equal to and possibly exceeding my Sovereign, certainly as lot lighter and faster in use.

loony tunes

Post by loony tunes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you :) would have liked to mount the control box on the front but not possible as I have the deus stem which is shaped and the only adapter you can get is for the round stem, will have a play this weekend and see how I get on. ::g
Mummy can I lick the bowl please? No flush it like every one else.

Minelab E-Trac
Minelab X-Terra 305, with a 10.5 DD 7.5khz

Finally got my first hammered coin.

790bonneville

Post by 790bonneville » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi, No it is not an expensive door stop. I now own A Deus but have kept the aventis 2. It is not good on very iron infested sites but it is good for finding deep stuff. For example I used to own the gold max power. With the GMP (Gold max power) I found a few Roman forgers coin moulds, they were deep 10-11" all 4 of them and I thought after seeing the Norfolk Wolf video about xp machines maybe I need a machine to punch a bit deeper into the ground so I also bought the Aventis 2. I went to the field and found 2 more one about 12" and one about 13". So for several years I kept the two. Recently I upgraded to the Deus but I still will keep the Aventis.

I go metal detecting with my mate and his sister. I lend her the Aventis and we went to a Roman site where she found the only silver Roman coin of the day. She also found as many coins as her brother and me. The Deus was better though at finding Minims and tiny pieces of lead and excelled in the trashy areas.

The Aventis is a good machine but find out how to use it is a very simple machine to use and some think that simple equates to not very good. Not with the Aventis however remember bells and whistles cost money, I did not want to pay for a detector that sounds like I'm in a Yarmouth amusement arcade ;)) , where as all the money goes into the machine with the Aventis.

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:59 pm

hi LT I totally agree with everything 790 wrote , ive had the minelab explorer and many other types of machines ,but the adventis is thee best machine ive ever used for weight ease of use quality discrimination and the ability to root out super deep finds [but I cant comment on the deus as ive never used one but as the Aventis big brother I hope to buy one some day]
one thing I will swear by is that this machine seems to really be able to [and seems to really like] rooting put older artifacts as this seasons finds will attest to. well ok we all sing the praises of our own machines fair enough ,but this machine has for me just got better to use as time goes on . just recently after all these years my brother decided he wanted to take up this great hobby . taking my advice he aso bought a adventis he is in reality a novice but hes constanly pulling up great finds , just the other day he found a silver medal and a queen anne 1711 shilling ,one coin ive always wanted.
ok with this machine my hammy count is about the same but my good artifact count has gone through the roof . just thought..... ill post this , them later will add a picture of my recent finds . i well this is all only my opinion but hope it might interest you anyway..............ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
just posted some of my recent finds apologies to those who have seen them before [probably a couple of times :D ] but they are all worth another airing =D>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 pm

You have to consider the low operating frequency when using one of these machines. It's not going to be a 'magnet' for tiny / low-conductivity items. It's best-detected targets would be things that on the Minelab would ID at the high end, think pound-coin up.
And it's audio is subtle, deep things give quiet sounds, which may catch you out if you're used to a machine that's more a beep &dig.
Miss something? You won't find much coke, that's something you'll be glad to miss. You'll obviously miss the lowest conductivity items, unless shallow, careful use of the iron reject could help improve detection of these.
Last edited by Fusion on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:38 pm

The XP Adventis / XP 250 are really good and really deep machines. I have gold stater, roman silver, hammered at exceptional depth. It is 4.5 Khz machine and single tone.

Running in D2 with discrimination set between just below foil it will give you the sweetest two way singles on coins and a distinctive one way spitting on iron. With practice your ears will also distinguish variations on foil/aluminium.

Really effective machines for the money ... look ar some of the youtube videos.

Good luck .. you will find lots with it.

BAMBAM
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire
Semper exspectare et ecce subito!
(Always expect the unexpected!)
Detectors: XP ADX 150 | Garrett Pro-pointer

moxi69

Post by moxi69 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:11 am

I too have an adventis 2 , I love it's simplicity , and insane depth. After a while of digging every thing to get used to what sounds like what I now feel I have the confidence to leave certain targets being pretty sure it's either foil or other rubbish. But do sometimes dig just to prove to my self it's rubbish, very rarely dig iron as the discrimination is so good unless its a huge lump. For me if in doubt dig it
XP Goldmaxx power, XP Adventis 2,Evolution extreme digging tool, Homemade digging tool for clean grass

If a man is in the middle of the forest and he expresses his opinion and no one is there to hear him is he still wrong?

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 am

It's a great machine by all accounts. Check out the video attached for an idea re the depth on a small Roman coin.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Minelab Explorer II
SEF 12 x 10 coil
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”