just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 70 hrs update

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
lordofthecoils

just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 70 hrs update

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 pm

was like a kid waiting for christmas today at work ,as i knew i had a parcel waiting with my second hand adventis 2.
got in and unwrapped to find a box for a garret ace , suger i thought ,and my heart sank. but haliluya was only the box they had used to ship the adventis.
after 2 hours learning the controls and comparing its performance to the laser hawkeye by running over umteen different artifacts and coins[including a gold stater a which will be with the flo soon] i nearly sent the missus bonkers. [should have used headphones :D ].
now i know field conditions are the real beanch mark ,but i got quite excited at the target responses .
as a low frequecey machine i cant wait till tomorrow to try it out on a few of my permisses its fgoing to be interesting,i must admit after watching allovers find rate one afternoon with his goldmax ,i had a hankering to a xp myself .
its a step on the xp ladder ,and a change of machine is always good , will add a bit of spice to the next lot of detecting.
will be up with the early worm [no phallic pun intended =D> ] will let you know how it goes........ tomorrow........................ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Last edited by lordofthecoils on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

alloverover

Re: just bought second hand asdventis 2

Post by alloverover » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Good for you Ray ::g hope you and your worm have a great day tomorrow mate, look forward to seeing how it went :D :D :D ::g

Rocket88

Post by Rocket88 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Yes, would be interesting to know how you get on with your new machine. Good luck.

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm

alloverover wrote:Good for you Ray ::g hope you and your worm have a great day tomorrow mate, look forward to seeing how it went :D :D :D ::g
cheers phil ,its going to be interesting , the adventis feels very powefull ,love the target responses feels a bit like the old arado the way it sort of hums rather than the colder responses of the hawkeye.
cant wait for the morning 8-}

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Just had a little read up here Ray http://regton.com/pdf_docs/Adventis_FieldTest.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4.6khz :-O , will be well interested to see what you make of it mate, never used a machine with as low freq as that, really will be interested in your findings :D ::g

deano69

Post by deano69 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Good luck tomorrow Ray
Keep us informed,looking at an xp upgrade myself(GMP).
Having seen it in action,very impressed.I know the frequency is different same as the GMax i believe,which is another option for me,.......god i'm soooooo confused.Keep us posted mate.
Thanks
Dean
Deus lite
PRO POINTER

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Looking forward to the field test appraisal Ray! ::g ::g

Best of luck with it mate ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

busterhamer

Post by busterhamer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Good luck with the XP lotc
i have a deus now but my first machine was a XP150 and i do yearn for it's simplicity and great find rate, if you look at my past post's the baby of the XP range had some cracking result's, with hammiies, roman bronze, lead token's etc in fact i now set my deus regularly to 4khz as i know that frequency will produce the goods on freshly ploughed and rolled.
good luck tomorrow looking forward to some find pic's ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 pm

alloverover wrote:Just had a little read up here Ray http://regton.com/pdf_docs/Adventis_FieldTest.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4.6khz :-O , will be well interested to see what you make of it mate, never used a machine with as low freq as that, really will be interested in your findings :D ::g
yep read that one phil and every bit of info i could find ,not been able to get out for a few weeks so im chomping at the bit. yes its the low frequency im interested in ,the machine really feels like it could punch deep . had a nice little windfall from a ppi claim[well worth doing even if your not sure you have misold insurances] . i paid £340 for the adventis from detectnicks ,paid yesterday at 1,30 and it was there when i got home. its in mint condition, just to say detecnicks are highly recomended,very helpfull and freindly. alarm set for 5.30 as i have a christening at 2 oclock. hope bto get at least three hours in. funny after donkeys years of detecting i can still get all hyped up like a kid dr:@ .

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Allectus wrote:Looking forward to the field test appraisal Ray! ::g ::g

Best of luck with it mate ::g

A ;)
will do allectus ,having used many different machine over the years including the first explorer ,fisher , cscope,so i hope i can give a nice interesting account tomorrow, the field i am going to go for is next to a 17th cent cottage ,i had a few georgian copprs but i know there stuff there ,well see if the low freq does the trick......ray ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 pm

busterhamer wrote:Good luck with the XP lotc
i have a deus now but my first machine was a XP150 and i do yearn for it's simplicity and great find rate, if you look at my past post's the baby of the XP range had some cracking result's, with hammiies, roman bronze, lead token's etc in fact i now set my deus regularly to 4khz as i know that frequency will produce the goods on freshly ploughed and rolled.
good luck tomorrow looking forward to some find pic's ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
ive seen your finds and looks like the 150 done the buis ,yes would love to try the deus but will just dip my toe in the xp water with the adventis,well see tomorrow.......cheers buster..........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Rocket88 wrote:Yes, would be interesting to know how you get on with your new machine. Good luck.
thanks rocket apreciate the thumbs up.........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g
ps looks like id better find something good tomorrow :D

Daniel o' Beirnes

Post by Daniel o' Beirnes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:42 pm

best of luck with your new m.d mate ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 am

ub40 wrote:best of luck with your new m.d mate ::g ::g ::g ::g
cheers danny ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 pm

had five hours with the adventis this weekend . had a handfulll of coins one a silver plated denarius ,a napolion 111 and a george 1111 farthing . the adventis had no trouble pulling signals from the rough plow . now i was using a very good similar [from new i mean] priced detector which i could sing its praises all day but i knew didnt quite have the depth.
with the adventis the great thing is the duel discrim , but it doesnt take long to work out what is a good signal and whats iron if in doubt flip the switch if its gone its iron if its still there its good ....and there is no in between ,once mastered [only took a few hours] ...there is no way you need to dig iron.
small deep signals are clear fine tones like glass being scratched , i had a few very small button s which the machine easily identified and came up from a very impressive depth.
the machine just feels quality and i kept pulling finds from depth and awkard places like rough plough crevises my confidance and admiration for this machine grows.
its the quality of the signals that is most impressive the explorer has a bubbly indistint type of tone the hawkeye has the same short narrow tone but the adventis has a warm broad tone.
i didnt have a lot of time this weekend as i had the grandaughters christening yesterday and my teenage sons football today and the two short sessions i fitted in felt to hurried.
will post pics tomorrow as havent got the camara.
after 35 yrs detecting and owning umteen machines c scopes, fisher, minelab arado garret [the early ones],this is a detector [at last ] which used with the duel discrim makes it absolutely clear what you are digging.
i also love the proffessional look and feel of the machine...honestly it just feels good and is well balanced i had no fatigue after the last three hour session in any way ,but i will hip mount it for better acsess to the duel discrim toggle then it will be like a feather.
ok you may call it the flush of first love ,but i really think the xp have got it right . the only thing is this machine has it all and goes deep with its 4.6 kh . i bought this machine for£340 its in mint condition . if i pay out 4x more for a deus would the deus go 4x as deep ;) just kidding :D
well all i can say if you want a good deep machine cheaply you cant beat a second hand adventis......watch this space..................ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

busterhamer

Re: just bought second hand asdventis 2 first session update

Post by busterhamer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm

welcome to the XP club Ray ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[
glad you had a great first experience with the adventis. :ml
them XP machines certainly know how to sing a tune eh :-/ :-/ once you get your ears tuned to the tones it's amazing how many times you guess what your digging before it's dug ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 pm

busterhamer wrote:welcome to the XP club Ray ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[ ;[
glad you had a great first experience with the adventis. :ml
them XP machines certainly know how to sing a tune eh :-/ :-/ once you get your ears tuned to the tones it's amazing how many times you guess what your digging before it's dug ::g ::g
cheers buster , have to get some repairs done on the van in the morning, so no work...not sure what to do with myself for the rest of the day ;) only joking.......yes it will be XP time :))
as you see really got the hots for this machine........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Great to hear your getting on with it well mate ::g i look forward to todays report and a few pics Ray :D :D ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

:D well since i started using the adventis 2 ive clocked up about 35 hours detecting which over a couple of weeks ,also having a full time job[with the odd sneaky day off :D ,is a fair bit to fit in.
well am i impressed and happy ...yeeeeeeees ,now most regulars nave probably seen my finds recently but i must add to this thread to show the results. the pics speak for themseives and are the best finds made recently .
just read steves report on this machine how he was finding many good finds on previously well worked sites and also liked the lightness of the machine compared to his explorer[used to use the explorer ] well...snap .i must totally agree with him .
will keep adding to this thread and will go into more detail next time but for now enjoy the pics . roman gold ring ....charles the second siver button[both reported as treasure]silver coins and a nice silvered saxonviking bridle cheek piece which is very rare to find them silvered . for 35 hrs detecting i am much more than pleased with the results........enjoy.........ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

busterhamer

Post by busterhamer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am

Cracking find's there Ray, and i am sure there will be more to come. ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 pm

busterhamer wrote:Cracking find's there Ray, and i am sure there will be more to come. ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
cheers buster,if i could afford a deus i would buy one tomorow,if the adventis is anything to go by the big brother deus must be awsome.but its the same old story theres always the luck element and of course walking over the find. but i do feel that the recent good finds were a lot to do with going very carefully in all metal , and checking again in disc 2. i have to say honestly i thought you would have to go through loads of iron signals to find a pos signal but i have found it a ratio of about ten iron to one good signal. it really suprised me and that has been consistant over my previous sessions.
Do you think buster thaty when your in all metal there dosent have to be any recovery time so if the good signal is bang next to iron it sigs straith off. gonna have to do an experimental test on this one. anyway thanks for the interest buster and good luck next time out.........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

Cobs

Re: just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 35hrs update

Post by Cobs » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow beaut Roman Ring Ray, defo need more photos of it on here mate get them lashed :P

Any follow up on it to add? Thread title needs updated surely, Treasure be here and no mention anywhere :)

Rob+Tina
YouTube Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PJhS_ ... 4Ow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Warning - Contains Treasure n stuff

Minelab CTX 3030 / Minelab Explorer II
Treasure: 1 Gold: 2 Hammered: 2

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Cobs wrote:Wow beaut Roman Ring Ray, defo need more photos of it on here mate get them lashed :P

Any follow up on it to add? Thread title needs updated surely, Treasure be here and no mention anywhere :)

Rob+Tina
there was a whole thread rob on the finding of the ring ,but cant find it.......maybe someone who has good handle on backposts might reconnect................ray ::g ::g ::g ::g

Cobs

Post by Cobs » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Ahh i hope its found, been searching for Roman Gold Rings :)
YouTube Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PJhS_ ... 4Ow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Warning - Contains Treasure n stuff

Minelab CTX 3030 / Minelab Explorer II
Treasure: 1 Gold: 2 Hammered: 2

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm

brill choice Ray, my last detector was an adx 250 that is pretty much the same & it was so good I stayed with xp & moved to the Goldmaxx power ::g well chuffed with xp detectors ::g
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

well friends after the first bit of success with the adventis [some nice silver coins,a roman gold rind , and a nice Charles 1 silver button ...treasure find] ....disaster >:P .. had the 35hrs of use and had to return the machine as it had stopped working , well old hat now but they returned my money on the machine as a option because the repairs would take a while which was very nice of them ::g as they didn't have another adventis I thought I would try somewhere else . well the money went into the bank and bam loads of bills suddenly came in at once and until now I haven't had the money to buy another.........that is until today ......yippee just purchased another xp adventis which should be arriving tomorrow :)) :)) :)) . I cannot wait to have that machine in my hands again so this weekend is xp time again so I hope to carry on from the original 35hrs update . ill risk saying the same again "watch this space" :D [ yes fighting talk hope I can back this up :D :)) ] ......by the way collecting a load of finds from the flo tomorrow so will do a little post on them.....thanks for looking........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I wish you all the best of British with it Ray ::g sure it will unearth some great stuff mate :D :D :D ::g

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:40 pm

An interesting post , be good to see how you get on ::g
Read somewhere that lower freq machines are better at finding silver than higher freq machines
not sure if its true or not ..... anyone know the ansewer ?

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 pm

alloverover wrote:I wish you all the best of British with it Ray ::g sure it will unearth some great stuff mate :D :D :D ::g
cheers phil , cant wait till it arrives , cant beat a new toy :)) lots of fields coming up so hopefully this week end I can let the beast loose ...............ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:55 pm

tinsmith wrote:An interesting post , be good to see how you get on ::g
Read somewhere that lower freq machines are better at finding silver than higher freq machines
not sure if its true or not ..... anyone know the ansewer ?
thanks for your comment tin smith ,yes I was reading up on lower freqs going deeper and it explained how it worked ,haven't a clue where it was ,but im sure with me its also a case of like buying a new fishing rod thinking it will catch more fish or something like that :)) mainly im excited about my better fields being decropped very soon maybe the weekend ,and as I have convinced myself the adventis will find me humungus amounts of juicy finds ,im on tenderhooks :D . yes not a very technical answer but then again this ol game is based a lot on gut instinct and blind belief and the old factor x [which is a secret I cant reveal ;) ] ..........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”