GMP RECOVERY SPEED

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
Wigeon

GMP RECOVERY SPEED

Post by Wigeon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 am

I am only a few weeks into learning the language of my GMP and have really taken to this machine.

I have been fortunate to have the help and advice of members on here and particularly ' littleboot', which I appreciate thank you.

The main item I have been struggling with is when there is that little bit of iron buzz at the end of an apparent good signal, so I have been digging most of them.

Yesterday afternoon I was on my musket range/water drainage mills field having a good ferret about amongst the iron with my GMP.

I got one of those very mixed signals i.e. a goodie with an iron buzz mixed right in the middle. I tried all the tricks but it was having none of it, so I just had to dig it.

About six inches down, I came across a small piece of iron, lifted it, then checked the bottom of the hole with my Carrot pin-pointer. Lo and behold another signal. No more that an inch deeper, there lay a piece of sheet lead, which was something like three times the surface area of the piece of iron.

I was amazed that the GMP could sort that one out, as the iron was immediately on top of the lead.

The machine's recovery speed has to be experienced to be believed. It was clearly picking up the lead, then the iron and then the lead again, all within the space of two inches at most. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself.

Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

garrettoldboy

Re: GMP RECOVERY SPEED

Post by garrettoldboy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am

hello, well done, it takes some time to realy understand the workings of a GMP, iron seperation is the key factor to a good detector, but the old saying, when in doubt !!!!!, check out my thread on GM 1 + UK detector posting, re iron mask effect

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”