XP GoldMaxx Wireless Card

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
diable

XP GoldMaxx Wireless Card

Post by diable » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

Just purchased a XP GM and was looking into wireless headphone options and the more that I read in to it I found out that I needed a wireless card added to the unit, was looking at the WS2/3 headphones at first but without the card it looked like the Garrett's would be the ones to go for, curiosity got the better of me so I opened up the controller and found the following,

It looks like the upgrade was added, so now do I go for the XP headphones or the Garrett's as there is a price difference and if anyone has any to sell then please PM me.

Cheers.
Last edited by diable on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fusion

Re: XP GoldMaxx Wireless Card

Post by Fusion » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks for posting that, I've never seen one of those 'upgrade' radio modules. It's different to the 'built-in' radio transmitter of the later GMP & GMAXX2. They have two operating frequency choices (controlled by a front-panel switch), whereas your machines' radio runs at a single frequency. There's basically two seperate transmitter circuits in the later versions, feeding into the one loop antenna, and only one transmitter is turned on at a time.
I can't forsee any problems with your single freq limitation, unless you're near another GMP user ( and ADX250/Adventis ?), at a rally, for example.
Last edited by Fusion on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

diable

Re: XP GoldMaxx Wireless Card

Post by diable » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks Fusion, I was advised by Kevin to contact the guys at Repton's as they do XP upgrades but I left them a message as it was early and curiosity got the better of me so I opened it up once they called me back I knew I didn't need an upgrade board, as its single channel you just tune the headphones in, now to decide on which ones to get.

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”