GMP waist / chest mount advice please

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
Wigeon

GMP waist / chest mount advice please

Post by Wigeon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am

I have read several items regarding the ability to mount the GMP control box on my waist or chest and understand the potential advantage of weight reduction on the stem.

I have the WS2 wireless headphones (since Christmas) but have been using the other wireless method that I use with my eTrac for several months. I am in no doubt as to the benefits of good wireless kit, particularly when it comes to digging.

If I try mounting the control box on a belt around the waist, then clearly I would remain attached to the detecor by the wire. That would seem to almost negate the benefits of having wireless headphones ??

I would appreciate the views of experienced GMP users please.

Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

francis

Re: GMP waist/chest mount advice please

Post by francis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 am

Hi wigeon,
I solely hip mount my Gmaxx2 as it allows me to hunt for ages without any arm fatigue.
Just make sure you loop the coil cable thru the control cover belt loop before connecting it, ( as shown on the user manual). This prevents your cable getting damaged over long term use. You're correct in what you are saying about this method and using wireless phones, but the tone clarity from the ws2/3's is the big benifit of going wireless when using a GMP/Gmaxx2. ( just gone wireless this year after years of using my Gmaxx with a wired set, fabulous tones).
Hope this helps, good luck with your GMP !

Bargeman

Re: GMP waist/chest mount advice please

Post by Bargeman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm

If you are going to belt mount the control box, then there really is no point in going wireless, why would you get rid of one wire only to replace with another :-/

BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

sweepstick47

Re: GMP waist / chest mount advice please

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:47 pm

The coil cable is always going to be the source of some annoyance but there is additional trouble to be faced with corded phones in the form of getting caught-up with any number of obstructions and even pulling the phones off your head in some situations so the main advantage of having cordless phones in conjunction with the Goldmax series, is that the potential for the h/phone cable to add annoyance to the operator is removed.

I use the Gmax Power V4 in the chest-mount mode for the same weight reduced benefit as an alternative to belt mounting due to all the other items already located on the belt:-
Spade carrier, Pin Pointer and finds pouch. Good Luck - Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”