goldmax power cable

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
grahampim

goldmax power cable

Post by grahampim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:22 pm

hi all could some one tell me if you can just get the cable for the goldmax power its got a broken wire just below the control box and it chatering like mad thanks B| B| B|

bri_on_1

Re: goldmax power cable

Post by bri_on_1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:36 pm

I had the same problem but the wire was broken at the bottom where it goes into the coil and was to close to get a repair. As yours is broken at the top it can have a repair. Phone a main dealer or send xp an email.
Good luck,
Brian.
>>>>>Goldmaxx power<<<<<
ws1 head phones
Garrett pinpointer

grahampim

Post by grahampim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 pm

thanks brion for that i will ring him now

sweepspeed5

Post by sweepspeed5 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:35 pm

That can be a problem with the Goldmax Power,I lent mine to a beginner ;it had the standard 9 inch coil together with a larger Sef coil and when changing coils over they wound the leads too tightly around the stem.Ending up breaking both leads/coils-not good!
So always have a fairly slack lead.

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 pm

I am about to acquire a GMP as a back up machine and I am looking forward to swinging one again. I still have the Deus but have always felt that the GMP had that added "punch" when searching for hammies, just my imagination I know =))
Re the cable, best not to wind it around the lower stem as it will cause a "falsing effect" and mysterious signals ..
Re the cable breakage, I used to wind lots of electricians 1/2 inch tape around the connection ends to prevent any sharp angles of bend and also to tape the cable to the stem at top and bottom anyway.
I am sure Regtons will have some spare cabling. Cables tend to crack after a few years anyway due to weather exposure. Good luck with the repair/replacement, Liam ::g :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

grahampim

Post by grahampim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 pm

thanks for that liamnolan i got a new plug put on at a pc shop they did a great job its not the same as the goldmax power one but same type of plug no prob as i do not want to put a biger coil on ::g happyy hunting hope you do not come across as much green waste as i did on sunday B| :(

gruver

Post by gruver » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:21 am

Hi!
I have same problem. does anyone know were can I buy cable connector? I've been looking around the net, but couldnt find it so far.

grahampim

Post by grahampim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 pm

hi mate got my xp sorted at a pc shop was not thinking of changing the coil so just got them to put me a six pin plug on you are still able to remove the coil its a screw fit just the same £12 hope this helps ::g

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”