My GMP Settings

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
Ollie-C

My GMP Settings

Post by Ollie-C » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Iron threshold: 15
Silencer: I
Sensitivity: 12 O'clock
Ground: 11 O'clock
Iron volume: 1 O'clock

I use the above settings for my Goldmaxx Power V4 all the time on all my permissions (none are too trashy). Whether it be pasture or stubble, they seem to work well for me in most conditions. I used to dig a lot of big iron, usually deep, but not now I've got used to it. I have no problem finding smaller targets, I've found a cut quarter, small Celtic bronze unit and air rifle pellets no problem.

I've had the machine a year now, I bought it from a mate who had these settings scribbled on a bit of paper that was given to him when he bought the machine from the previous owner. I was just wondering if other people have settings for theirs that they stick to, or whether you change them frequently for different conditions?

XP Deus V3.2, 11" Coil & WS5 Headphones

redwulf500

Re: My GMP Settings

Post by redwulf500 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:46 pm

hi always iron threshold auto/sense 1oclock/iron vol 11oclock/ground 11oclock silencer 0 . knocks out coke and most iron and still picks up cut halfs/quarters..red

Ollie-C

Post by Ollie-C » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks for the reply :)
XP Deus V3.2, 11" Coil & WS5 Headphones

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:38 am

Three years since I sold my old GMP, now have the newer wireless version (still need to get some headphones) and I am back to sorting out some good settings, not sure if there is any difference between settings on the older machine and the new one. Waiting for a Deus coil cover to arrive today so will be out with the GMP this afternoon, rained heavily here overnight in Norwich so that stubble may be a little softer today! Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”