Out With The GMP

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
shotwell

Out With The GMP

Post by shotwell » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:56 am

When i was out yesterday with gmp i had a really good signal , dug it found air rifle pellet.
While i was on one knee sifting through the soil for this pellet i picked up another good signal
so kept on going through the soil for this other signal which i could not find .
When i was about to give up the signal came again but this only happened as i was getting off the floor .
Then the penny dropped the detector was picking up one of my hip replacements =)) =))

TownCat

Re: Out With The GMP

Post by TownCat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:17 pm

=))
Strive to be first: to nod, to smile, to compliment, and first to forgive

Daz (fae Scotland)

Post by Daz (fae Scotland) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 am

Lol, I had similar problem my right hand can't pass by my coil with dirt in it
Unless I set the discriminate at 50.
Which I do on the beach but 40 on a field (left hand or pointer only then).
Detectors I use.
Goldbug pro with 5",9&half",11",13" coils.
Goldmaxx mk1.
With grey ghost NDT, Garrett pro pointer and pistol probe.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:55 pm

I think this is exactly the kind of tale Mr Crook could use in the next series of Detectorists, :D
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Went out this afternoon with the GMP which is a spare machine now as I have the Deus, though I had many happy times with the GMP on all sorts of land. I am testing the Deteknix wireless phones and the GMP is a good machine to bolt the transmitter to. So I got all tooled up, GMP and all the bits and pices, transmitter and phones chatting to each other and then off I went .. for about three paces ... batteries were almost flat! I had got so used to the Deus charging up regularly that I had forgotten to check that the GMP batteries were charged, silly me!
Re settings, its tomorrow morning again on light stubble on iron infested roman land that today with the Deus produced 5 roman bronzes and one thimble. I have been trying to remember all my settings but its all coming back gradually and there are some good posts here from others who have this very special detector. I use the GMP prog on the Deus but I think the GMP is best at that and some say it has more "punch" on targets, will be a bit easier to get into the stubble also I imagine.
If the Deteknix phones work well then I may be using the GMP a lot more often ... Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:10 pm

littleboot wrote:I think this is exactly the kind of tale Mr Crook could use in the next series of Detectorists, :D
Thanks very much for that! Kind Regards - Mackenzie :D
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”