gmpy semi wireless head phones

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
johntm

gmpy semi wireless head phones

Post by johntm » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 pm

so today i thought i would try out fixed headphones on my gmp,the direct sound was far better than the wireless back phones supplied with the machine,bearing in mind that my hearing is cxxp not so good as the young bloods due to 45yrs as a panel beater.so this got me thinking how i could couple up my puma fixed phones as a wireless unit,so after reading the intruction leaflet of the ws2 wireless unit in the diagram there is a port for a 3.5 mil jack,so off to tesco,and i brought a 6.5 mill to 3.5 mil adapter plug,and a meter long headphone extension lead with 3.5 mil plugs on both ends.
my fixed puma headphones with the 6.5 mill jack plug has a volume control fitted which made it even better,i removed the original curly lead on the pumas,plugged the 6.5 mil to 3.5 mil jack into the pumas,plugged the extension with the 3.5s into that,and then into the ws2s,switched on the ws2s lowered the volume,and adjusted the volume on the pumas,and its done the trick,works realy well as it shuts out background noise,and you get the full signal.but this maybe not a permanent thing as you all know full phones get a little sweaty in the summer.forgot to mention that with the ws2s they can go into your pocket,and all you have is the lead from pumas to ws2s,so in fact this makes the machine still wireless,you can put it on the ground without having your head pulled round every time.

explorer 2,and gold maxx power.

sweepstick47

Re: gmpy semi wireless head phones

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Well that's 10 out of 10 for coming-up with a DIY solution that does the business and suits your needs ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”