Two Detectors, Finds with the Goldmaxx Power.

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
Bargeman

Two Detectors, Finds with the Goldmaxx Power.

Post by Bargeman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:07 pm

It is funny how you can work a small piece of land with one detector one day, hit a few targets, have a couple of nice finds, and think wrongly to yourself that you have worked that spot pretty well. Then you go back over the same small area a few days later with a totally different machine, and hit some more targets, that you find it hard to believe that you missed first time out.
Well that is what happened to me today. I went over the same footpath area that I had the milled silver, and the crotal bell from with my Rutus, only this time I used my XP GMP with Nel Tornado coil. but that is not the end of the story, because Derek also swung over this same area with his XP Deus with 11" coil. It just goes to show just how much we really do miss x;

Now I love Sixpences, which is lucky as I seem to find one very time I go out, as it happens I love "hammies" too, but I can't seem to find those 8-| So first find this evening was a Sixpence...

We shall now use this sixpence as a size reference to the other items...

next up was a livery button, we have had quite a few of this design.

Then I found this bronze alloy item, but what is it?

And then this unusual item...

Finally I did mention I was using a NEL coil, so what else could I find?

No idea what it is though?

BM [:)

Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
XP Goldmaxx Power

Oxgirl36

Re: Two Detectors, Finds with the Goldmaxx Power.

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:17 am

Some great finds there. I wonder if it was the machine or just the conditions or the luck of swinging in just the right place. Whatever the reason a good lesson for us all - thanks ::g
XP Deus
12 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017), just 4 so far in 2018 (but did find 1 gold coin :D )

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:20 am

When I first got into this lark I thought I'd better line up stacks of permissions because when you'd gone over a field once, you'd finished with it. Oh, deary me.

Aside from day-to-day variations in soil conductivity, swing and search technique, new ploughing etc determining what you might find, there's also the equipment. At the moment I have the 400i with standard coil but I can upgrade the coil and go over it all again. I can upgrade the machine and go over it all again. I can upgrade that machine's coil and go over it all again. So with all the combinations of kit available coupled to what I will be missing naturally, I've come to realise that the acreage I have is more than enough to keep me out from under 'er indoors's feets for years to come.

Thanks for the confirmation, Bargeman. ::g
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Pastmember01

Post by Pastmember01 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 am

Once the harvest is done, it's under maize so a while to wait yet, I've got to go back to a corner of a field to "do again". I've done the same area methodically and it's been producing a few finds and I thought I had the settings worked out but now I'm wondering what I missed.
Here's the experiment in the garden with a single target buried at 6".

Disc 0, Sens 95, GB~55, Tone 1 or 1+. Two good beeps in one direction but nothing at 90 degrees. Reading of 23-25, "iron" but no "burp". Tones are strong but dull / low.

Disc 0, Sens 95, GB~55, Tone 2+. 23-35 and "iron" + "burp".

Disc 35, Sens 95, GB~55, Tone 2+. Same reading, no "burp" just a tiny click one way (not double click), and nothing at 90 degrees.

So I need to go back and dig a lot more signals with low dull tones to make sure. I'm now not confident that discing out iron is only doing that although I could be in for a lot of scrap! So is the field done .... I have no idea....I'll know around October!

And the target, thin gold ring circa 1800's!

fred

Post by fred » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 am

Well done, interesting finds, especially the rugby buckle. ::g

In my experience the best finds usually come after all the surface targets are long gone and you have to slow down and concentrate to get any signals at all. Once a site is clear it is also a great opportunity to investigate some of the iffy signals properly. If about 5-10% of the bits in my finds pouch are small iron items then I reckon to have the discrimination set about right and my ears tuned in properly. Any less and you will be leaving keepers in the ground too. I have also noticed that different machines will often get targets that another machine doesn't and sometimes even relatively minor changes, like a new coil or a new pair of headphones will do the same thing.
Equinox 800 x2
CTX x2
Explorer II (for the Thames)

At Digger

Post by At Digger » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:04 am

Hi BM,
Lovely finds, I love Item no. 3,4 and 5. I think its an old button/ badge from a horse harness, used with Leather and not fabric, lovely piece.
Rugby badge is also very nice, both unusual designs.
Well done saving them.

Try the Rutus with the Concentric coil and use similar frequency to your Gmp, it will be interesting to see how you get on even after previous finds with different machines.

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”