Just Bought a Gold Maxx

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
roge82

Just Bought a Gold Maxx

Post by roge82 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 am

has anione got any advice on best settings on the gold maxx power with 11 inch coil.just got one with the v 4 software and deus coil any help much appreciated

Mega B

Re: JUST BOUGHT A GOLD MAXX

Post by Mega B » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:31 am

A slightly confusing post,what i mean by this you have mentioned 3 different machine 1)in the header 'Goldmaxx' and in the actual post you mention 'gold maxx power' and also 'deus coil'

I will try and interpret it as i see it,the Goldmaxx machines was the model before the 'Goldmaxx power' or GMP as its often called,but was is even more misleading is your quote about the Deus coil.

The original Goldmaxx was a terrific machine and still often seen as the one that made XP the brand as what they are these days,then they bought out the 'Legendary' GMP or as it was often called the 'Hammy Hoover' and at one point was the No1 machine here in the UK it was that good,the V4 chip was basically a audio update that you could add yourself on the slightly earlier GMP machines,they became standard eventually.They also in the last few years have been offered with the 'Deus shaft but that is the only similarity with the Deus.

Regarding the Deus coil comment a Deus coil has never worked on a GMP or Goldmaxx platform,the only thing i would think it would be able and that is 'operate' the Deus coil on the GMP shaft,and run it like a Deus lite.

Regarding the settings that you have asked for,i guess the dedicated GMP owners will chip in with some settings advice as i use Deus.

Lowland

Re: Just Bought a Gold Maxx

Post by Lowland » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:44 am

Congratulations on buying an awesome machine ::g
With regard to settings the best advice i have is seek out the GMP threads on here!
You will not go far wrong :D
Regards
LL
ne’er scald yer mou wi ither folks kale

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm a long term user of the GMP, check out my review on the XP detectors section.

roge82

Post by roge82 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Sorry about that just meant the deus stem not coil , and cheers I will check out the reviews settings etc on YouTube

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 pm

d;]
Last edited by littleboot on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Congratulations on making an absolutely stonkingly good choice. :D

The GMP is a machine that repays practice. To use it to its maximum potential you must put some time into learning its language. The noises it makes ...the shape of those sounds as well as the pitch.
Of course you can shove it in Auto and have everything else at 12 oclock and do perfectly OK to start with. But you will undoubtedly miss a lot of good stuff and you will not be using the machine as its meant to be used. Like driving a Ferrari in 4th gear.

It is always said to Dig Everything when first getting used to a new machine. That is doubly true of the GMP. And also go slow. Concentrate really hard. The machine needs that partnership. It will not repay casual wafting.

My settings are: based upon an average of 12 oclock positions on all the dials. You won't go much wrong with that. However I then tweak them as follows: I only very rarely push the sensitivity above this and then never beyond 2 oclock. The Iron Volume is better kept around 10 or 11 oclock. I find that is generally enough for me to hear the 'growl' of it without it overwhelming everything else. The Iron Reject/Discrimination is best kept not higher than 12...and if you have little pieces or not much iron infestation than turn it down as lower. I tend to hover around 11 on most of my permissions. Ground Reject....I turn mine down a shade to 11 oclock as long as the ground isn't making my machine chatter. It buys some extra depth.

When you have mastered the sounds these settings will give you the goods and you won't have a lot of complicated settings to get in the way. I now pretty much switch on and go. Then let the Mighty GMP talk me through what I am walking over.
GMP, Tesoro Invincible, wellies.

Rivers rat

Post by Rivers rat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Just bought one myself to use with my snake coil and my homemade carbon/kevlar stem

RR
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few

tigtog

Post by tigtog » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

CASUAL WAFTING
love it ::g
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

principia

Post by principia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Nice machine ! :-)
Don't forget to see the attached youtube video, there you will get a lot of information.

Et qui quærit, invenit
XP Deus
AKA Signum MFD
C Scope CS6MXi
Deteknix X-pointer

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”