Cscope cs2mx on certain metals

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
Barbossa76

Cscope cs2mx on certain metals

Post by Barbossa76 »

Was out today with my new old machine,was very impressed with depth. It's the cscope cs2mx mk2 the red label one, with dual discrimination controls. The strange thing is it air tested in house on all metal and picked up coins lead iron core 2p no problem. But one screwdriver would only be picked up pointing at coil, not side on! Another thin screwdriver just nulled it, a rechargeable 9v battery would null it, a double A batteryonly the terminals would pick up. It's fine on all coins gold and silver. Is there a metal that won't be picked up. It's discriminating OK too, any ideas be good

Barbossa76

Re: Cscope cs2mx on certain metals

Post by Barbossa76 »

DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
Here is the ol girl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

On further bench tests this time on a wooden table in garden I found the screwdrivers will register a strong signal if their pointed at coil. Not side on, which I found strangle as side on would have presented a bigger target, and it's both ends other screwdrivers. A Allan key has much same effect, anyway. All coins lead iron and everything else detected from a great range. So think the screwdrivers and 9v batteries must be coated in a non conductive metal. Or something in the batteries at least must be nulling the machine, so less testing and more detecting!

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

DSC_0021.JPG
Panic over its awesome. Found a viccy penny at crazy depth. Proper pics to follow after clean up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

geoff

Post by geoff »

I like reading about these old machines, and having a soft spot for c scope I'm eager to hear how you get on with it, I fancy getting an old!
The c scopes I have ( 2mx new, 4mxi,6mxi) all outperform expectations and are very good machines, designed for our conditions here in the uk.
They stand up well against other brands, and are priced competitively.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800, c scope.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Hello Geoff I couldn't believe how well it performed. Really deep on the viccy penny. It was a 1920. And OK all the rest were two pence pieces, and a ten but I was reallyvpleased with its sensitivity, I bought a set of rechargeables for it, I love the threshold hum. It really helps. On the deep deep stuff, and I'd thought it was acting strange because it doesn't like my screwdriver. Would only pick it up pointed at coil not side on, but who cares it showed what it can do today, I'd love to try all cscopes range

geoff

Post by geoff »

They are all good machines in my opinion, I also have the 1220 xd, which is a very interesting detector, being non motion.
It gives a signal from any metal under the coil even if you are not moving it, and indicates if iron or not by tone and a meter.
Not everyones cup of tea, and a quirky detector to use, very involving, yet effective.
A typically british company as they are, they do things their way, how they consider to best cope with our soil conditions, and the desired targets we seek.
As an expanding hobby, us participants are spoilt by choice of detector,from various countries,and spoilt for choice, it is heartening for me that a home grown company continue to produce a good variety of detectors.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Is there much of difference performance wise between the 4mx and 6mx. In case I upgrade later. Although right now I don't feel the need

geoff

Post by geoff »

Depth and recovery are in my mind similar,though I have not run tests, the difference is in discrimination,the six has effectively three tones, iron, mid, and high, you can adjust iron and mid tone volume, and adjust the change point from mid to high.
The four has two discriminate dials, disc1 being the same as a 'normal' detector, disc 2comes into play via a three way sprung toggle switch, which also activates pinpoint, and returns to disc 1 if not held.
I would not be surprised if there are more differences under the bonnet, but that would be a question for c scope, all I know is they are both great detectors to use.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Right well. I think the 4mx could be o n the shopping list later on down the line, I'll enjoy the 2mx just now though, cheers for the advice Geoff ::g

Pommie Chris.

Post by Pommie Chris. »

Underestimated detector the cscope, as Geoff said, built for the uk conditions. I bought a 6mxi last year to use in the uk. It does sound good when it hits a target ,nice and clear and excellent pinpoint. I have a old English penny in 12/5 inches of clay and a 2 inch concrete slab on top and the 6mxi picks it up.when I’m back this year i will buy the new Evo 6000 . Pommie Chris. B-)
Gpx 5000, Equinox 800, Ctx 3030, cscope 6mxi.

geoff

Post by geoff »

The 4mx is a deep machine too,very underestimated,probably because everyone wants all the bells and whistles of other more expensive machines.
Fact is, if its non ferous, not likely to be foil, you will dig,both 4mx and 6mx give the info needed to make those decisions, at depth, and in irony conditions.

Pommie Chris.

Post by Pommie Chris. »

Yes you are right Geoff, everyone believes the more expansive , the deeper and better the detector will be. That’s what I like , the tones give you a good idea what to dig.. ::g .pommie chris B-)

redrosecumbrian

Post by redrosecumbrian »

I have always used cscopes, good British ,no gimmicks just listen to the tones. my 6mx is great

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

I like the dual discrimination on my 2mx i think that would make me go for the 4mx that and a bit cheaper they both look great machines the 6 and 4, but im really going to get some good use out of my 2 just now,

Pommie Chris.

Post by Pommie Chris. »

You can’t go wrong with any of the mx and mxi’s ,they all have good depth. I’m waiting for the new evolution 6000 , when I get back it should be out. Pommie Chris. B-)

Return to “CScope Forum”