Non-Motion

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
Count de Washers

Non-Motion

Post by Count de Washers » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:08 am

I have an affection for C-Scope as many of us do I am sure. Lots of us began with a C-Scope and they are still popular today.
They do not have the R & D budgets of some of the competition, but they do have an almost unique presence in the Non-Motion sector. Smaller manufacturers can do very well in niche markets, so what I would like to see is a new Non-Motion machine from them with this spec:-
Lightweight, ie 1.4kg max including batteries.
Coil size of 10 inches plus for depth.
Concentric is fine, to utilize the superior pin-pointing of the non-motion configuration.
Water resistant, ie rainproof, no need for covers. (Bristish firm, British weather)
A minimum of controls.
Any chance?

Arch Stanton

Re: Non-Motion

Post by Arch Stanton » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:27 am

Haha, I'm sure the R&D guys at C-Scope have looked into every possible configuration of detectors, and weighed them up against the current most popular trends so they can produce a range which will actually sell. The majority of modern detectors have a non-motion pinpoint mode as a selectable option. I too have a nostalgic fondness for C-Scope, as my very first childhood detector was a TR300 some 35 years ago. I have recently rediscovered this TR in the back of my parents shed, cleaned it up, put in some batteries and it still works perfectly! (Test results to follow - no joke!) I don't know why current C-Scope detectors don't feature highly on my wish list - I believe they are very capable machines, but they just don't 'do it for me'. I can't explain why. I resolve to revisit them very soon!
I've done the 'buckle boogie', the 'musket-ball mambo' and even the 'silver shuffle', but sadly still no 'gold dance'. You're really gonna know it when you see it though!

Dom

Post by Dom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am

If they did one that was basic but had duel frequency at the same time at the cost of £300 - £400 people would be all over like a rash I reckon. A cheap beach and land machine.

Count de Washers

Post by Count de Washers » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I like the idea of a 'no-faff' dual frequency machine to cancel out the effects of wet salt sand - C Scope is based in the UK and we are surrounded by coastline!

Are you listening C-Scope?

Saxo45

Post by Saxo45 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 pm

I have a cs1220xd non motion machine.....they are really underated.Not the easiest to use for a beginner,you have to learn what the machine is telling you and it can take a while.Its a well built machine and it is slightly heavier than some machines but its not unmanageable.
Its not considered a deep machine but once you know how to listen for the (mod edit sight slight) wavers in the threshold you can pull stuff up from surprising depths.
Once mastered you can even tell if a slight waver in the threshold is iron or non ferous.....there is a subtle difference.
I think a lot of people don't really look at c scope due to the fact that they have'nt got the latest in tech stuff like screens,depth meters,programs etc,etc.They don't need it,they are solid reliable machines that get the job done as good as anything else and with backup that is second to none. ::g

Edited 'typo' as it may confuse - ss47

Return to “CScope Forum”