Digging wet sand with a bait pump

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
GezFisher22

Digging wet sand with a bait pump

Post by GezFisher22 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi,
has anyone tried digging finds on wet sand with a bait pump anglers use for pulling worms out of their burrows? I've seen a video on Youtube and it looks feasable. Ebay has a 110cm long 50mm diameter version, is the CS4PI acurate enough?

Digiffys

Re: Digging wet sand with a bait pump

Post by Digiffys » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Might work but I think you'd quickly loose interest because normally (if like me and others) you dig abit then swing the coil over to see if the targets been removed, often many times. I think a bait pump is a two handed operation?meaning your going to have to put your machine down every time you want to check the hole? Your ideally want to move a large amount (shovel/scoop) full quickly due to the hole quickly filling and not only that but the amount of tin,ring pulls etc that are there to be found before the good stuff!Good luck and of course my opinion only ::g ::g
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

fred

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 pm

GezFisher22 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:28 pm
Hi,
has anyone tried digging finds on wet sand with a bait pump anglers use for pulling worms out of their burrows? I've seen a video on Youtube and it looks feasable. Ebay has a 110cm long 50mm diameter version, is the CS4PI acurate enough?
To consistently pinpoint to within 50mm at 18 inches or so depth will be a hell of a feat to master. :D If you get it wrong the chances are that you will lose deep targets completely. As you will have to carry a spade or scoop anyway to dig out targets larger than 50mm diameter you might as well just learn how to use it on everything. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Good luck with that....I stick to the evo 360

d8veh

Post by d8veh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:43 am

If you've seen the price of worms and razor shells, you'd realise what the real treasure is. Leave your detector in the car and go pumping instead. Some beaches require a licence for bait digging. i guess that applies to pumping too, so might be an idea to check before using a pump. I doubt that they'd believe you when you tell them that you're trying to pump coins with it - a bit like trying to convince someone that you were using your metal detector to find worms for fishing.

GezFisher22

Post by GezFisher22 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks for everyones answer. Back to the drawing board, ( spade/sand scoop).

Return to “CScope Forum”