CS 6 MX anyone know a good all round set up?

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
garrettoldboy

CS 6 MX anyone know a good all round set up?

Post by garrettoldboy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm

hello, just thought to ask if there are forum members who use the above machine, land and dry sand beach, maybe someone has there own that is not in the book, and i read some coils had faults so how can i see if this 2012 model is not affected, cheers

Junior

Re: CS 6 MX anyone know a good all round set up?

Post by Junior » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 am

I had a 6mxi for a while second hand. Couldn't get on with it it would sound off on stubble, turned Sen s down but then got into my head won't get any depth on stubble with low sens and doing a rally near a raised electric train line you could tell about 10 seconds before the train woz coming due to interference. Also had an annoyingly squeaky shaft.... Could have been that's why it woz second hand. Prob just my luck. ::g

WightGrubber

Post by WightGrubber » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 am

garrettoldboy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm
hello, just thought to ask if there are forum members who use the above machine, land and dry sand beach, maybe someone has there own that is not in the book, and i read some coils had faults so how can i see if this 2012 model is not affected, cheers
Disc 1 volume - 4, Disc 2 volume - 4, Discrimination - 3 and a half, Sensitivity as high as you can go without chatter and Ground Balance on auto has produced good results for me. Turn the machine off and on again every hour or so or as ground changes also helps. I have tried manual ground balance but found that you need to do this quite often as the mineralization of the ground changes. Not tried it on wet sand but similar settings on dry sand work quite well. It's designed as an inland machine. Cscope do a PI model for the beach. Hope this helps.
Minelab Equinox 800
C.Scope 6mxi 8x11"and 11x14" coils
Nokta pinpointer
Garmin Etrex 10 GPS

Koala

Post by Koala » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:52 pm

I have only ever owned old analogue machines but not this one

There has always been a bit of variation between them.

Best setting on discrimination is always the same. Its the point were you are still digging a few odd shaped bits of iron and doughnut shaped iron.

Waving a target above the coil and turning up the discrimination until it start to break up is not the same as swinging over the target in the ground.

On one machine I might be dead on 4 another a hair under or over 4 but unlikely to be exactly the same.

Sensitivity varies depending on ground and or electrical interference. I start with it chattering and keep turning it down slowly until it runs fairly silently while sweeping. There may be some chatter while not sweeping.

WightGrubber

Post by WightGrubber » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm

WightGrubber wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 am
garrettoldboy wrote:
Disc 1 volume - 4, Disc 2 volume - 4, Discrimination - 3 and a half, Sensitivity as high as you can go without chatter and Ground Balance on auto has produced good results for me. Turn the machine off and on again every hour or so or as ground changes also helps. I have tried manual ground balance but found that you need to do this quite often as the mineralization of the ground changes. Not tried it on wet sand but similar settings on dry sand work quite well. It's designed as an inland machine. Cscope do a PI model for the beach. Hope this helps.
Just to clarify. What I call Disc Volume1 is actually called Iron Volume on the machine and what I call Disc Volume 2 is just Disc Volume on the 6mxi. Just got used to calling them that when talking to others about the machine. Bit confusing, I know. ::g
Minelab Equinox 800
C.Scope 6mxi 8x11"and 11x14" coils
Nokta pinpointer
Garmin Etrex 10 GPS

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:47 pm

WightGrubber wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm
WightGrubber wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 am
garrettoldboy wrote:
Just to clarify. What I call Disc Volume1 is actually called Iron Volume on the machine and what I call Disc Volume 2 is just Disc Volume on the 6mxi. Just got used to calling them that when talking to others about the machine. Bit confusing, I know. ::g
hello, i did presume so but thankyou to clarify, i set it as you said so all i need do is switch on and go, cheers

Return to “CScope Forum”