Newforce R1

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
domelec

Newforce R1

Post by domelec » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Iv just bought one of these at a carboot while on holiday (£75)
Thought it was a good buy, but trying to find any good info on these and can only find a few posts on here and only videos on YouTube are not English so no idea what's what.
Are they any good to still have or did I waste my money? (Not been out with it yet)
Iv managed to find and download the manual
Wondering if it will be better than my Garrett euroace or not/same????
Cheers rob

diggerdave1

Re: Newforce R1

Post by diggerdave1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi Buddy.
I would say for 75 you got a bargain buy there, does it have the smaller accessory coil also :-/
they are a very capable machine but need bit of a learning curve, Cscope stopped putting them into production only a few years back, they brought out a black in colour model for a while as bit of a revamp, But I would stick with the machine and get out in fields with it, and sure in time u will soon get to know how it all works and get the best out of it...
Hope that's some help..
Good hunting ::g

domelec

Post by domelec » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Only got 1 coil with it ( the bigger of the 2)
cheers

bob79

Post by bob79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 am

Have a look in the C-Scope section on the left-hand side of the page, might find some posts in there.

Bob ::g

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:37 am

hello, that was a good buy, i just had Cscope service a 6MX at a very reasonable price, i would consider with the R1 then you know it is working like new, master this machine and it will bring good finds, as for the euro ace you will be making that your spare?

domelec

Post by domelec » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:44 am

bob79 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 am
Have a look in the C-Scope section on the left-hand side of the page, might find some posts in there.

Bob ::g
Already read all the posts here, there's some good advice, this site is only place iv seen anything mentioned about this detector and a few vids that's not much help as said above but thanks anyway

domelec

Post by domelec » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:49 am

garrettoldboy wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:37 am
hello, that was a good buy, i just had Cscope service a 6MX at a very reasonable price, i would consider with the R1 then you know it is working like new, master this machine and it will bring good finds, as for the euro ace you will be making that your spare?
Not sure which would be the spare yet has not been out with this cscope yet, I use the euroace all the time And it's not a bad detector so, hence why I'm asking what this one is like against the ace.
Wife uses the ace 250 and loves it (she finds more than me lol)

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:18 am

i would say possibly the R1 as the edge on euro ace, R1 being possible more versatile, :-/ but I guess the proof is in the pudding, as they say, start using the R1 and see :-/
::g

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 pm

I had a Newforce over a decade ago (wasn't new but from a club member and cost a lot more than you paid!)....I was feeling nostalgic because back in the very early days I had Cscopes and thought it would be nice to be part of what was seen as a re-invigoration of the brand.
Can't honestly say it worked out well for me. Found it clumsy to use and prone to excessive falsing. It was pig to keep stable in some conditions and I just didn't get on with it at all. Now I am aware that it may well have just been me. Everyone has detectors like that....ones that they just don't gel with but other people swear by.

For the price you paid it seems like a good deal as long as you enjoy using it. Should find stuff...but of course it isn't exactly cutting edge these days. Still you should find it a useful addition and may well find it suits a particular sort of land or particular conditions better than your other machine.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

muddy boots

Post by muddy boots » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:17 pm

hi..

im really quit new here but have been detecting for years. i started with the Cscope SC6060 and found quiet alot of items with it i then moved up to an R1 which i brought from new it cost me £600 so you got a bargin with your £75. lol.. so long as you make sure the cable near the head is secure so it dosent give off false signals and you learn to trust the preset programs it will work and work well.

you can of cause customise your own but be warned as the knotch accept/reject it is unbelievably accurate. if you set it up to accsept only 9kt gold it will only accsept that not 18,24 or anything else and the same goes with the reject settings.

my recomendation is start off in all metal mode inland and beach mode on the shore line and give it some time.

best of luck.

newseeker

Post by newseeker » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 pm

There deep on larger coins because its a low frequency detector and has a large concentric coil i still have mine. The important thing with this machine is to swing very slow as the recovery speed is very slow.
I've found a gold hammered with mine and silver hammered coins and roman.If your on a good site use the little coil as well as the large coil, as the little coil will ping on small hammered and cut coins. i've had mine for 19 years and it was secondhand when i got it they are quite robust compared to my other machines, the screen did go a bit funny on it and i sent it to c-scope and they put a new screen on it for free and updated the software and they even paid for the postage.
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab x-terra 705,CscopeR1

Return to “CScope Forum”