Tried em all - now Im back with C Scope.

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
deepdigdave

Tried em all - now Im back with C Scope.

Post by deepdigdave » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 am

I think that at sometime in our detecting career we all get the itch to invest in a more expensive detector because it might bring a little magic to our finds bag.
After starting out in the 1970s with crude( transister radio on a stick) simple machine, I gave up for several years.
The list of machines I owned includes C scope CS 660, then the CS3 -( very good simple machine),
Viking VK30 - either it was faulty or just not very effective, then came the Laser Rapier Good lightweight machine, next the Garrett period, Ace 250( Ding Dong) and later a Euroace (better but still ding dong in standard mode.
I came back to C Scope with the CS6, Good but this was before the control box position was moved and balance was quite bad - C scope sent me a modified shaft putting the control box back near the armrest. Very good machine performance wise.
I then bought a Garrett AT pro, this proved to be an excellent all round machine , I also bought a Teknetics Eurotek Pro as a back-up, good machine but developed pinpoint problems, it went back to Regtons twice under guarantee, then to Unearthed when they took over the agency for the same problem. I was then advised to send it back to Teknetics in Arizona (postage 20 quid) they fixed it but it has since developed crazy spells when the machine goes bananas, it is now out of warranty and
totally unusable.
Having sold the AT pro during a financial hiccup I needed a new detector, I decided that I would go back to C Scope after my Teknetics experience,I have just bought a CS2 mx and I am very pleased with it and I know that C Scopes reputation for after sales is second to none.
The moral of the story ? Expensive high tec machines dont put gold in the ground for you to fall over, and that warranty is worth everything -- stay simple and -- BUY BRITISH !!!!
Deepdigdave.

diggerdave1

Re: Tried em all - now Im back with C Scope.

Post by diggerdave1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 am

Great post/read deepdigdave..... ::g

I Couldn't agree more.....

Enjoy the cs2mx ....

Goodhunting... ::g

fred

Post by fred » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:08 am

C-Scope are a great British company who extensively supported metal detecting during some early and quite difficult times. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 am

I have been detecting for 42 years - & like many I started out with a C Scope.

After trying most popular brands over the years I returned to C Scope several years ago & bought the 6MXi - this has proved to be the best detector I have ever used (on soil)

My finds rate has improved significantly since using my C Scope & hammered coins are usually found on most outings.

Last year I found a scattered roman silver coin hoard on a local farm - I returned a few weeks ago & found more coins - although the coins are quite small (clipped siliquas) the C Scope picks them out with ease, giving a lovely "positive ping" when found.

For the price along with the after sale service - I think they are fantastic machines & wouldn't have any hesitation in buying another 6MXi - should the need arise.

Chris aka Sponge.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:26 am

Interesting post on a number of levels.
I think the vast majority of us old stagers used a Cscope at some point Back In The Day. I certainly did and I remember how good it was and how straightforward and, well, solidly British. :)
Then family came along and the detecting took a back seat and when I came back to it I went on to other brands. I then had another foray with a Cscope about 12 years ago. A NewforceR1. And I hated it. Heavy, unwieldy, falsed all over the place. I have since wondered if it was simply a dodgy one. Your tale of the Teknetics got me thinking on this. Both me and hubby have Goldmaxx's and while we both feel happy with how they 'go' I discovered how different they were when I took hubbies out for a spin by mistake. Set up exactly the same as I set up mine on that field. In fact it was only when I started detecting and getting signals that I realized I had picked up the 'wrong' machine. A very different 'feel' to it in subtle ways hard to describe and I dug a lot of stuff I wouldn't have dug and probably vice versa.
The moral being that we tend to judge a brand, or a model, by an extremely small personal sample.

Anyhow, I will be interested to see how you fair with it going forward. I agree with much o what you say and am very wary of the hype surrounding some brands....and how that is commensurate with how much money they can splash about on marketing.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

ROCK HOPPER

Post by ROCK HOPPER » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am

My first machine was a C Scope 770d bought second hand, I have just given it to a local child a friend of my wife's son.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am

Can't see a Minelab on your list of "Tried em all". :D

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

deepdigdave

Post by deepdigdave » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Allectus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am
Can't see a Minelab on your list of "Tried em all". :D

A ;)
Too darned heavy for my dodgy shoulder Allectus (Im going by hearsay)

Count de Washers

Post by Count de Washers » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 pm

I am still using my C Scope 990XD together with other brands, but always got a C Scope!

Kevanwhitmore

Post by Kevanwhitmore » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

I was detecting some 37yrs ago as a teen with a second hand Cscope ,Lots of fun and finds ,Life moved forward work ,Family etc etc and I found my self looking for a hobby ,I picked up a magazine in Smith’s flicked through and there was an ad for CScope .An Omen a Quick trawl round the inter web , A chat with the nice people at Cscope , And a couple days later a 6mxi at my door ,Been having fun again , joined a little club been out on a few digs , Enjoyed the fresh air , Have even got some place I can detect out my back garden , I seem to be able to amass a goodly amount of interesting bits n bobs I Certainly have not mastered it yet , But I’m getting there , The machine is very capable And every time I go out with it , Turn it on I have a smile , It’s simply to use , The Quality and build is fantastic , it’s light as a feather , The instruction book is only a few pages , I can even fit a different search head , To suit where I’m detecting , And it has wireless head phones , I guess you might be able to tell I’m Enjoying it , So Well done Cscope , And as my son has Said after looking at lots of Detectors , Cscope are keeping it real , I guess he means it does what it says it will on the box 📦

sponge

Post by sponge » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Ghost wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:43 pm
It's only a personal opinion but id not have a c-scope given , they had their time and then they were decent ::g ,
Had a couple, Had more knobs than cockpit that done nothing to improve them, the old lasers left them where they belong ..in history

And I probably have had them all , the ctx is way out in front,
I don't use one because they are too heavy for me and that's the only reason
I must admit that some of the earlier C Scopes were a little daunting with the multitude of knobs - but todays machines don't have anything that they don't need.

If the CTX is too heavy for you - why not try the 6MXi ? - its much lighter & I can use mine all day without arm fatigue, just dig the repeatable positive signals & with no display to worry about its a piece of cake for around a third of the price of the CTX !!

Over the last few years my 6MXi has found around 50 hammered coins, lots of Roman coins as well as a Roman silver coin hoard.

lordbaltimore

Post by lordbaltimore » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:59 pm

way to go Davy,,,had similar experience,,,have an MXT PRO with 12 x 10 SEF,,,was gonna sell it to fund other machines but kept it ,,as it performs awesome on wet sand or any ground as is silent with the SEF coil,,,pleased i did ,,the other machines were supposed to work faultless on wet sand ,,but they did not,,,they did work excellent inland ,,,but so did the MXT,,,and the screen on the MXT PRO is magic,,kept on getting the MXT out,,so i sold the new stuff instead and am happy ,,so if your happy ,,the new ones are usually the same as the old ones in a lot of cases,,,lets face it .when ARADO was findin all the stuff 40 years ago,,the MXT PRO will still be a little better as the circuits are quiet ,,,lets face it ,,if its under the coil ,,,most older stuff will do the job,,but the newer quieter circuits hear the target a little better ,,and that's all you need ,,,best of luck with the C.scope,,,they work just as well as other stuff ,,p.s. love the metal box of the older whites also,,, ::g

bruno22rf

Post by bruno22rf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Did you buy the Teknetics from Regtons deepdigdave? If you did then your contract is with them and them alone - makes no difference who has the franchise and your warranty has no bearing on having your machine fixed. You should have returned it to the seller and simply told them to fix it or refund your money - you have the best consumer rights in Europe behind you and these can protect you for 6 years or more. Always remember that when buying from a trader the product must be "fit for purpose" be of "reasonable quality" and "last a reasonable amount of time" - your Teknetics did not comply with the last stipulation by the sounds of it. Never agree to send a broken item anywhere - your contract is with the seller.

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:33 pm

I used a C-Scope VLF 950 for many years on a local beach, it was non motion had the crook handle and would get no further than three inches down in wet sand, it also needed a push of the re tune button every ten yards of so, but I found over twenty gold rings with it!

A few things I didn't realise at the time, these things run at a fairly high frequency so pick up small gold quite easily, and being non motion they "unmask" good targets in iron very well, I replaced it with a ML Explorer when they first came out and marvelled at it's depth and stability, what I didn't appreciate at the time was it's inferior performance when iron was present, I found only six rings with the latter detector, I just assumed I'd cleared the area out!

Return to “CScope Forum”