CS5MX coils

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
stuartj

CS5MX coils

Post by stuartj » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi everyone my wife has kindly bought me a CS5MX for Xmas, I've been pleasantly surprised by the CS1MX and hope that the 5 is even more impressive. It's not very old and is the black version with detachable coil, please could anyone advise what other coils are available for my machine?
It came boxed with a set of Duracell rechargeable batteries and a carry bag and looks brand new so I think she did well getting it for £100 and it was a lovely surprise! Roll on Sunday when I can try it out in the field and see how it compares to air tests.

XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

garrettoldboy

Re: CS5MX coils

Post by garrettoldboy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am

hello, that seems a bargain for the 5X, what size coil did it come with ?

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:42 am

Hi Stuart.

£100 is an absolute bargain - you wont be disappointed with your new C Scope.

C Scope do a small range of after market coils :

15cm round coil.
20cm round coi.l
20 x 28 cm elliptical coil.
20 x 34 cm elliptical coil.

I have used the C Scope 6mxi for quite a few years now & own three of the above coils - but to be honest I use the standard 20 x 28 elliptical coil just about all of the time.

C Scopes are very capable machines & my 6mxi has found me loads of hammered coins as well as a roman coin hoard.

Good luck with your new machine & may the detecting Gods be watching over you in 2019 !!

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 am

Hi there, we don’t do any after market coils for the CS5MX as we stopped making that model a while ago and our new range of coils will not work with your new machine. We may still have some of the original ones in stock though.

Andy

stuartj

Post by stuartj » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks for the answers everyone, it's got a 10 inch HiQ polo coil on it and by all accounts that's more than good enough for me. I'm in no doubt that detecting is a bit like guitar playing, a great player can make any guitar sound good but give a rubbish player a Les Paul custom and he will still sound rubbish. I absolutely love this machine and after several hours air testing and burying/digging things in my garden I feel ready to hit the fields. I feel indebted to the wonderful people on this forum and the wealth of good advice spread throughout its pages and fingers crossed I will get to meet up with some of you in the future, cheers and happy xmas hunting to you all!
XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:36 am

garrettoldboy wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am
hello, that seems a bargain for the 5X, what size coil did it come with ?
hello, if your happy with the polo coil fair doos, at least you know there are alternatives from C scope, they have very good customer service if ever needed

stuartj

Post by stuartj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Garrettoldboy, I'm too much of a novice to know if I need other coils yet to be honest. As it would seem that getting bits for the 5MX is going to become increasingly difficult I will have to keep my eye out and I will give C scope a bell in the new year. I'm not too concerned that they're out of production as the consensus is that these are durable machines and I don't want to get too hung up on what may or may not be the best machine, I would much rather get to grips with the hobby in general and hopefully in time I will learn the best way forward and if investing a large sum makes sense.
Merry Xmas one and all!
XP Goldmaxx power V4
C scope CS5MX
C scope CS1MX
GP pinpointer
NCMD member

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:33 pm

There is a 8*inch coil available for the 5mx as for any others I'm not really sure :-/
I'm sure I saw a 5mx for sale on ebay recently with a small 4inch coils also, its a case of searching for used coils for sale via the net, they are about just keep looking.
Goodluck ::g

Return to “CScope Forum”