Newforce R1 Metal Detector Setting up and Tips

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
micknew

Newforce R1 Metal Detector Setting up and Tips

Post by micknew » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm

I've had a Newforce R1 for quite a while but still find the supplied instruction book lacking in easy to understand information.
Any tips, can we start a helpfull thread here?
Regards, Mick.

mrix
Founder

Re: Newforce R1 Setting up and Tips

Post by mrix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:38 am

I used to own a CS5MX, very nice machine and easy to use :) the Newforce R1 is one down from their top detector I believe?

Cheers
mrix

micknew

Post by micknew » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I would be interested in any tips on setting up etc as per my post.
Might also get answers relating to your post!
Nice to get a reply, hope for more with advice.
Mick

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Mick,

I have a C Scope R1 and find it a good overall machine. The best thing to do is to keep it simple to start with by selecting an automatic program on startup like coin inland or coin beach etc til you get to know the detector better. You can then go into the menus on the machine and tailor it to your own needs. Pinpoint should be set to 8 max so that its most effective. This also means that you can ground balance it easier then if you need to. Ground adj will be set to 50 which is fine for most sites but if the site is heavily mineralised, you'll need to either increase or decrease this. What you do is hold the detector above the ground, then move it closer to the ground to see it you hear a raise in the threshold. If you do you need to turn the ground adj down slightly and if the opposite happens ie. the sound dies away you will have to raise it. This should be done to a point where the machines id isnt randomly jumping over the place. By properly ground balancing you should get more depth. The motion gain sensitivity sometimes will be set too high also so you can change that down to say 12 or 13 where it will result in alot less falsing and the id meter jumping all over the place also. You have two options for signal processing, analogue or digital i always select digital so that way i dont loss any of the deeper targets. I have mainly used my r1 for beach work and after a while of using it the id meter is a handy tool to use. £1 AND £2 COINS normally sound at about 14 to 15 on the meter with a sharp blip in the radar graph, copper, lead, brass and gold will be anywhere from 15 up to 20 on the display. I have found that anything worth digging is above a 10 on the id. 9 is foil and unfortunately pulltabs and aluminium cans are about 13-15 so this is where the radar graph helps as its a bigger object it normally is rubbish. I always have found the bigger coil is alot better with this machine too even in the trashy areas. My machine was a bit erratic to start with so i sent it back to C Scope and the guys there were just amazing, i cant recommend their customer service enough. They set my machine back to all factory presets and installed a new version of the software free of charge even though it was outside of warranty! Pretty good i thought. Thats my tuppence worth Mick and any problems pm me and i'd be only too glad to help.

Regards

Steve
Last edited by stephenbeetleman on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

micknew

Post by micknew » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Thanks Steve just the sort of info I was looking for.
You should write a book on the subject.
Will study your reply with great interest as will others, I'm sure.
Mick.

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

No problem Mick let me know how you get on with it its a great machine and often overlooked by alot of people when its just as good or if not better than machines at similar money. The R1 is the kind of a machine as you get to know it you'll happily tinker with its settings to tune them to your needs with ease. Good to here i can be of help, thats what these forums are all about!
Regards
Steve
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

micknew

Post by micknew » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I emailed C-Scope asking for advice on reading the radar display as no guidance is given in the manual.
They replied as follows:

The radar is best described as a signal strength indicator, it allows you to pin point the find more accurately. To see this effect at its best, set the detector up on a table away from any metal,pass a large object (biscuit tin or similar),over the search head, you should see a large "mountain" on the radar. Now do the same with a small object such as a 5p coin; you will now see a narrow peak on the radar.You could also think of it as a way of estimating the size of the find.

May be common sense to some but wasn't to me.
Hope this may prove helpful to others.
Mick.

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I went out for a bit of a search on Saturday to the beach with my two detectors. I have the R1 and i also have a CS4PI Pulse Induction machine. On the wet sand i was consisently getting small modern coins at good depth but as i had no discrimintaion as such i would dig the odd bit of scrap iron. I did notice however that small iron nails it gives a double bleep for in quick sucession so there is discrimination to a point. After the tide had came in a then swopped over to the R1 but i barely got a signal in the dry sand. It was very disheartening but i wreckon the problem lay with the sheer amount of piled sand on the beach at the moment resulting in the depth of sand being so deep that no detector can possibly get at the finds underneath. I may wait til a good storm comes along then venture out again after mother nature has tossed everything about! Has anybody else found this with beach detecting at the minute?

Ps. Still no gold or silver rings in the wet sand either ...is it hattoreally get this kinda thing i'd actually have to be wading in knee deep water? :-/
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

tamag

Post by tamag » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:03 am

stephenbeetleman wrote:Hi Mick,

I have a C Scope R1 and find it a good overall machine. The best thing to do is to keep it simple to start with by selecting an automatic program on startup like coin inland or coin beach etc til you get to know the detector better. You can then go into the menus on the machine and tailor it to your own needs. Pinpoint should be set to 8 max so that its most effective. This also means that you can ground balance it easier then if you need to. Ground adj will be set to 50 which is fine for most sites but if the site is heavily mineralised, you'll need to either increase or decrease this. What you do is hold the detector above the ground, then move it closer to the ground to see it you hear a raise in the threshold. If you do you need to turn the ground adj down slightly and if the opposite happens ie. the sound dies away you will have to raise it. This should be done to a point where the machines id isnt randomly jumping over the place. By properly ground balancing you should get more depth. The motion gain sensitivity sometimes will be set too high also so you can change that down to say 12 or 13 where it will result in alot less falsing and the id meter jumping all over the place also. You have two options for signal processing, analogue or digital i always select digital so that way i dont loss any of the deeper targets. I have mainly used my r1 for beach work and after a while of using it the id meter is a handy tool to use. £1 AND £2 COINS normally sound at about 14 to 15 on the meter with a sharp blip in the radar graph, copper, lead, brass and gold will be anywhere from 15 up to 20 on the display. I have found that anything worth digging is above a 10 on the id. 9 is foil and unfortunately pulltabs and aluminium cans are about 13-15 so this is where the radar graph helps as its a bigger object it normally is rubbish. I always have found the bigger coil is alot better with this machine too even in the trashy areas. My machine was a bit erratic to start with so i sent it back to C Scope and the guys there were just amazing, i cant recommend their customer service enough. They set my machine back to all factory presets and installed a new version of the software free of charge even though it was outside of warranty! Pretty good i thought. Thats my tuppence worth Mick and any problems pm me and i'd be only too glad to help.

Regards

Steve
Hi Steve,

I set up my R! as directed by yourself above, thought I would see how I fared well to cut a long story short after abour 10 mins found a pre decimal pennty then a little later a George 11 halfpenny and best of all and could not believe my luck an Elizabeth !st hammered shilling this field has produced 4 previous hammered for me and I thought I had gone over it with a "fine tooth comb" time and time again until I made the adjustment you suggested I was about to give up on the field .......now cant wait to get back and see what I have missed these past few years.
Thanks for the tip Steve and agree with you the R1 is a brilliant detector.
Regards
Nigel
Deus
Etrac
Cscope R1
Best Finds
2x Axe heads
1 x Pilgrims Ampulla
2 x bronze chaffing dish handle
3x bronze figurines
8x silver roman coins
2 x bronze Roman coins
11x hammered coins
16 x silver pre decimal
1 xCommando Fairbairn-Sykes dagger 1940s

stephenbeetleman

Re: Newforce R1 Metal Detector Setting up and Tips

Post by stephenbeetleman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi Nigel,
Good to hear that the tips helped you. Drop me a pm anytime if you need anyhting else. The R1 is a good boot and braces machine and wont miss much. You'll find the machine gives a good steady high id reading with coins giving you confidence of when to dig. The trash stuff gives a meter reading that wavers all over the place no matter how much you sweep over the target. The batteries last a lifetime and i never have any problems with digging iron with it too! :)
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

Cscopemike

Post by Cscopemike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi I’m new to metal detecting I’m struggling setting it up ect
I’ve ad one find with it a hammered coin but nothing since only scrap but hammy was really deep and wouldn’t pick it up at around 8”inches would only pick it up at around 4-5 inches I’m trying to reset it and set up properly any videos or anything available
Regards
Mike

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 am

Hi There, I am guessing you require the manual on how to reset the detector back to factory settings. below is the link to the PDF manual on our website, if you go to pages 11 and 12 it will give you instructions on how to reset.

https://www.csmetaldetectors.com/upload ... Manual.pdf

Andy Fraggle

Cscopemike

Post by Cscopemike » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:50 pm

andy fraggle wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 am
Hi There, I am guessing you require the manual on how to reset the detector back to factory settings. below is the link to the PDF manual on our website, if you go to pages 11 and 12 it will give you instructions on how to reset.

https://www.csmetaldetectors.com/upload ... Manual.pdf

Andy Fraggle
Thank you for the reply I got instruction book with it but I’m not to good with it
think I restart it I think just don’t understand the instructions

Return to “CScope Forum”