Moving the control box of 6mxi

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
woodlee21

Moving the control box of 6mxi

Post by woodlee21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi is there anyone on the site who as moved the control box up the shaft to arm cup,and if so does it make it more comfortable and will it affect the warranty??

Fishermansam

Re: Moving the control box of 6mxi

Post by Fishermansam » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Sorry, can't help but bump for others to help ::g ::g :)

Sam :;@

If a robber ever breaks into my house looking for cash, i'll just laugh and look with him

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:28 am

I've just moved the control box on my 3mx to behind the arm cup
and it balances it out brilliantly ..

BritishBeef

Post by BritishBeef » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:39 am

Fartacus wrote:I've just moved the control box on my 3mx to behind the arm cup
and it balances it out brilliantly ..
Any chance of a photo? I find that although the 3MX is a light machine, it tires my arm after a few hours. I borrowed a Euro Ace once and had no discomfort all day despite it being about the same weight.

Why did you move the control box? Was it causing you issues?

I have been hip mounting mine lately but it keeps unclipping ;;z
C-Scope CS6MXi
C-Scope CS3MX
Garrett Pro Pointer
http://www.somersetmetaldetecting.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:03 am

Ye no probs shall do it in morning, all I did was bought a new control box
bracket placed it on the rear of the stem just bellow the arm cup then pilotted
a 2 mil hole and screwed in self tapping screws. The origional bracket is left on
because it aids the swing allowing the index finger to rest on the side, try it you
will see what I mean.

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 am

The reason I moved it is the control box is in a ridiculous place
and damn heavy. I also hip mounted it but like you kept unbuckling
and riding high. This does not happen with My Xp at all.
IMO C-Scope are almost there with this range of machines but needs
a tad more thought on the box placing, and a range of small eliptical coils.

madproffesor

Post by madproffesor » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Interessting comments and helpful too, i have been using the hip clip as my arm aches after a couple hours due to weight, and yep, it does unclip! ;;z i thought about fixing it to a strap and hanging it round my neck so it dangles. I did make up a strap thing to hold my arm in place in the cup and that made a massive difference ::g , found i could keep going longer. Maybe C scope could offer a retro fit type thing?
Deus Full Kit. C/SCOPE 3MX.
Men and fish have one thing in common...
They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

deepdigdave

Post by deepdigdave » Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi fellas, I was interested in this post because I am still suffering the effects of swinging a CS6 for a few hours at the dig on sunday.
I have a CS3 and a CS6 and I can tell you that the 6 is much heavier, probably the extra coil weight makes most of the difference, I used to have a laser rapier and that is literally half the weight of the CS3 and you can swing that all day long -no problems.
I think that you have an interesting point about moving the control box back to improve balance, but I wonder how much of a problem you would have when pinpointing, the box is positioned so that the thumb falls neatly on to it.
My Cs3 is the early fixed coil type and doesnt seem too bad weight-wise but the CS6 is causing me a lot of shoulder pain, its a great machine and I really dont want to go to a shoulder harness, each time you dig you have a detector tied around you, in addition to a pair of headphones attached to your head, you begin to feel like a trussed- up chicken.
I would welcome any mods that C Scope could come up with, obviously Im not the only one having problems.
Cheers -- deepdigdave

BaldRick

Post by BaldRick » Wed May 15, 2013 7:47 pm

As a C6mxi owner I was very interested in reading the posts concerning the control box etc.
Im going to have a play with the control box tomorrow to see if I agree with moving it.
I do also have a problem with clipping the control box onto my belt, the problem being it wont stay on!! Its quite annoying when it falls to the ground swinging on the cable, I wish Cscope would make a more substantial belt clip. Im also thinking about hanging it from my body some how. But all said and done I love my C6MXi and cant wait to get out there with it each time I go. ::g ::g
I have a cunning plan

To be able to get up off my knees !

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 am

call our customer service department on 01233 629181 and ask to speak to martin bass.....he should be able to help you out.

deepdigdave

Post by deepdigdave » Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 am

Hi woodlee 21, I hope that you will let us know about Martins view on this one, I would be most interested.
I seem to remember from our days at school learning about the pricipals of leverage, that is what we are talking about here really, we had a demonstration where they had a 4 foot broomhandle which was held 1 foot from one end, someone then placed a 2 pound weight right at the other end, the weight felt very heavy. The weight was then slid up the broomhandle behind the hand holding it, the weight felt next to nothing.
As was pointed out we dont really want to effect the guarantee - interesting one!
Cheers Dave

repairman

Post by repairman » Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Afternoon, we would be pleased to modify your upper stem on your CS6MX (or even 4MX) so that you had the choice of either fitting the control box under your elbow or where it is from new.

There is currently no charge for the job as long as you can get the stem to us (Ashford, Kent, TN23 6LN). We can supply a new upper stem with two sets of inserts already fitted for £ 20.00 (inclusive of VAT and carraige).

Call us (as Andy Fraggle has said) on (01233) 629181.

Regards

Repairman

deepdigdave

Post by deepdigdave » Thu May 16, 2013 7:14 pm

What a fantastic response from C Scope - Im willing to bet that you would not get this sort of response from Garrett, Fisher or any of the others for that matter.
Please keep us posted if you go ahead with the modification - it would be cheaper than painkillers!
All the best Dave

BaldRick

Post by BaldRick » Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Ive just moved the control box on my 6mxi and am quite impressed on the differance it makes by shifting the CofG back to the arm rest. I took my time in order not to make any cock ups! and it turned quite well. So Im going to give it a whirl tomorrow. ::g ::g
I have a cunning plan

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

Have you tried out your new stem assembly yet dave???

deepdigdave

Post by deepdigdave » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Andy, Yes the new modified upper stem arrived mucho pronto, many thanks.
I did leave an email for Martin thanking him and listing a few comments after I had fitted it and tried it out, I will repeat thase comments here for all to see, I think that quite a few people are interested.
Firstly the upper stem is very well modified and the transfer of weight putting the control box under the arm-cup does make a huge difference, the detector seems to pivot from the hip and reduces pressure on the arm and shoulder, there are a couple of minor drawbacks of course, a small price to pay for the improvement in weight transfer. The coil lead has to pass the padded hand-grip which is a little untidy, there is plenty of lead length so you could drape it beneath if you wish.
The new stem has a modified armcup which now does not have the moulded stand underneath to rest the detector on the ground and protect the bottom of the control box, its simple enough to pad the base of the control box or fit a couple of brackets, obviously this was done to improve access to the controls on the box, I can see the logic in that. The new set-up means that pinpointing is a two handed job, not a problem really I found.
Overall folks well worth doing in my opinion and it further demonstrates that some companies really do listen to us and in this case are prepared to do something about it, the cost of the modified stem is very reasonable indeed.

Many thanks to all at C Scope -- Dave

BaldRick

Post by BaldRick » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the info Andy and deepdigdave, it has helped a lot, hearing of other users comments. ::g ::g ::g
I have a cunning plan

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 pm

If you havent moved your control box yet but wish to we now do a new stem which allows you to move the control box under the armsaver or we can modify your exsisting stem assembly. give martin a call in customer service.

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:37 am

This is a modified CS6MX-i.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roger Goodier

Post by Roger Goodier » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:53 pm

after a lot of thought and tired arm I decide the unit would be better on a waist belt.firstly l tried the adapt the plastic piece holding it to the shaft to no avail .Now l have made 2 pieces of nylon strap fastened to the module screws on each corner and the battery cover screws .simple put a hole in the strap at the appropriate points undo the screws ,pass them through the holes and refit the screws into the top of the housing and battery cover ,slide onto a belt job done ....and you can use the pin pointer easily .hope that helps someone,

Return to “CScope Forum”